Pro bowl will be using Nike and new era?

OaklandRaider

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought the numbers on the Nike shirts resembled these at first glance:

IMG_1875.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1292418024720

...from the generic pro combat unveiling

I'm curious to see how teams with large sleeve stripes like the Steelers will be able to keep them with this style of uniform.

Don't the teams wear their own teams' helmets for the Pro Bowl. They haven't worn non-team helmets in a really long time, so that will be a surprise if Nike outfits the Pro Bowl with crazy helmets in the future....

Nike does not manufacture football helmets. They work with Rawlings, Riddell and Schutt on the colorways and paint scheme.

Cards.png

I actually thought the numbers on the Nike shirts resembled these at first glance:

I'm curious to see how teams with large sleeve stripes like the Steelers will be able to keep them with this style of uniform.

Probably similar to how Ohio State's 2009 Pro Combat were done.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

lets hope

spacer.png

spacer.png

So... crappy?

So... crappy?

The steelers identity is already pretty bad, I don't think it could really be any worse...

NFL-picture-day.jpg

Jerseys are the same as last years...more New Era has are trickling out as well.

p11704314reg.jpgp11704303reg.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Nike announced they will be using the 2012 Pro Bowl as testing grounds according to they're facebook page.

From http://www.facebook.com/usnikefootball

It’s no secret. Nike is coming to Sundays. And it starts with this one. The 2012 Pro Bowl is now officially Nike’s testing ground. We’ll be testing

our latest innovations and gear where it counts; on the field with the best athletes in the NFL. We’ll see if these stick….

407807_10151228160800721_57460905720_22757460_1041853028_n.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The steelers identity is already pretty bad, I don't think it could really be any worse...

It could be worse. The sleeves are much smaller on the Nike jerseys, and to my knowledge they don't make any QB or receiver cuts, all jerseys are basically worn as linemen do. The The sleeve look could go from bad to insulting, and that is pretty much how Nike wants it if they force these crappy templates on the teams. Look at the black sleeves above - there is no reason that portion couldn't extent to the inside edge of the cuff. There is no performance benefit to having the sleeves six inches wide.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think reebok is using last years uni because the contract end in a couple of month it would just be a wast of time to make complete new one. But those gloves are sick hopefully they relese them to the public like thy did with they did with pro combat

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

It could be worse. The sleeves are much smaller on the Nike jerseys, and to my knowledge they don't make any QB or receiver cuts, all jerseys are basically worn as linemen do. The The sleeve look could go from bad to insulting, and that is pretty much how Nike wants it if they force these crappy templates on the teams. Look at the black sleeves above - there is no reason that portion couldn't extent to the inside edge of the cuff. There is no performance benefit to having the sleeves six inches wide.

They do make a QB cut that has small sleeves as opposed to just armholes (Darron Thomas of Oregon always wore it, I believe). Still, Reebok makes a sleeved cut of their jersey, too. Eli used to wear it. The small sleeves allowed for a nice looking stripe, but Eli apparently went back to the old loose sleeves at some point. Could be an old-style jersey or a custom version of the current one. Point is, most players are still going to wear the armhole jersey as opposed to the sleeved cut.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think reebok is using last years uni because the contract end in a couple of month it would just be a wast of time to make complete new one. But those gloves are sick hopefully they relese them to the public like thy did with they did with pro combat

Reebok is not doing anything for the Pro Bowl. The NFL generally keeps the same Pro Bowl jersey design for two years. It looks like they contracted the same company Reebok did to make these (Ripon), just without the Reebok logo

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived