Illinois Playing with new helmet designs

OchentaYOcho88

I agree, but (as you said) the Chief isn't coming back, so there's no point in bringing it up in a thread like this.

It seems to me that Illinois could go for a complete brand overhaul that's centered around a stylized I.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back something like this...only modern-See Ohio State 2011 Pro Combat.

ILXXUI7176a.jpg

That's not only my favorite illinois helmet, its one of my all time favorite designs. Illinois should return to it.

But something with Chief Illiwek on it would be great:

W1Siu.png

FsQiF2W.png

• 3 weeks later...

I like it as well. I'm against the majority and actually like the neutral grey facemask. It blends well with the white. Pairing a white helmet with a navy or orange facemask would provide too much contrast up from and take away from the fantastic helmet striping and logo...

I posted it in the other thread, but ALL they need to do is switch the ILLINOIS wordmark out for the Illini one, keeping everything the same on the helmet. Their Braisher stripes look great. Helmets should be symmetrical from side to side (letters excluded), and the navy-white-orange stripe is a nice idea, but doesn't work in practice. Add in the different colored wordmark on each side and it is downright clownish. More importantly, Illinois has always worn orange helmets throughout their history. There is no need to break from that, even if they are going to go with something crappy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived