2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Yankees had won nine straight in Oakland and 13 of 14 overall there, and 25 of 31 overall against Oakland.

I guess they received their due comeuppance this weekend with a hellish type of series usually only seen farther south in Anaheim. What a turdfest. The '27 Yankees would've gotten swept by the A's, with the freakish tear they are on right now.

spacer.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees had won nine straight in Oakland and 13 of 14 overall there, and 25 of 31 overall against Oakland.

I guess they received their due comeuppance this weekend with a hellish type of series usually only seen farther south in Anaheim. What a turdfest. The '27 Yankees would've gotten swept by the A's, with the freakish tear they are on right now.

The funny thing is they play Oakland at the Stadium for their last home series of the season in late September, hopefully that series will mean nothing but i would like the Yankees to return the favor to them <_<

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

The Nats bounce back after Fridays epic collapse to gain a split of the series with Atlanta. Huge to keep their 3.5 game lead in the division. Losing Ian Desmond is huge though, although Espinosa has raised his game big time.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I just hope Cubs fans understand that Theo's got a long-term plan for their team and that they need to not focus so much on that "Eamus Catuli!" sign in right field dutifully counting the years since their last World Series crown.

Oh, who am I kidding? They'll be screaming for Theo's head this offseason like they always do.

I am so glad I'm not a Cubs fan. They are, in my honest opinion, the physical manifestation of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You don't have a single clue what you're talking about. I'm glad you're not a Cubs fan, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If I'm the Angels or the Rangers, I would be a little nervous about Oakland.

I don't think this is the case of a .500 team just getting red hot. I think this is a solid 90 win ball club that's just now coming to life. The pitching has been as good as anybody. Whether or not they can keep that pace for the rest of the season remains to be seen. Its the hitting though that's gotten alot better in the past month or so. They've got two guys in Chris Carter and Yeonis Cespedes who seemed to have finally figured out how to harness their raw talent and hit at the major league level. That gives them what they've been missing for the first half of the season. I still don't regard them as a run scoring machine, but I don't regard them as one of the worst offenses in baseball either.

If you can give this team one more bat and one more veteran starter, I think they can be legitimate World Series contenders. Give the amount of youthful players they have, I think both can doable by the deadline without needing to sell the farm. They do not need to find all-star caliber players to fill either of those two voids.

Could those A's be like the team across the Bay 2 years ago? They remind of them in a few ways. As a homer pick I will go with a Giants-A's or Giants-Angels World Series as my prediction for now. I honestly thought Oakland was gonna be a joke this year; guess not. It's cool also, cause I've seen some of their players here in Sacramento play for the River Cats, so that makes it more interesting and intriguing for me.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Could those A's be like the team across the Bay 2 years ago? They remind of them in a few ways. As a homer pick I will go with a Giants-A's or Giants-Angels World Series as my prediction for now. I honestly thought Oakland was gonna be a joke this year; guess not. It's cool also, cause I've seen some of their players here in Sacramento play for the River Cats, so that makes it more interesting and intriguing for me.

I would say this year's A's squad is similar to the 2010 team, but the one big difference I see is that the 2010 team didn't a middle of the order presence. They only had four guys hit more then 10 home runs, and nobody hit 20. This year's team has some pop. Reddick is probably looking at finishing with around 30 home runs, Cespedes is looking like he can be a 20 home run guy and if in fact Chris Carter finally has gotten in together he can be solid. So that's a pretty dangerous middle of the order lineup.

The biggest issue for them I see is that they get nothing offensively out of four everyday players. Suzuki, Weeks, Pennington and Inge. At least one of those guys has to be benched. The easiest to replace would seem to be either Weeks or Inge. And there be guys out there like Daniel Murphy, like Chase Headley, a Marco Scuturo. Somebody who can provide you with some offense, who also you maybe able to even keep long term and it shouldn't cost a ton in prospects.

If I'm the Angels or the Rangers, I would be a little nervous about Oakland.

I don't think this is the case of a .500 team just getting red hot. I think this is a solid 90 win ball club that's just now coming to life. The pitching has been as good as anybody. Whether or not they can keep that pace for the rest of the season remains to be seen. Its the hitting though that's gotten alot better in the past month or so. They've got two guys in Chris Carter and Yeonis Cespedes who seemed to have finally figured out how to harness their raw talent and hit at the major league level. That gives them what they've been missing for the first half of the season. I still don't regard them as a run scoring machine, but I don't regard them as one of the worst offenses in baseball either.

If you can give this team one more bat and one more veteran starter, I think they can be legitimate World Series contenders. Give the amount of youthful players they have, I think both can doable by the deadline without needing to sell the farm. They do not need to find all-star caliber players to fill either of those two voids.

Don't forget about Brandon Inge.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Rumor is the Braves have won the Ryan Dempster sweepstakes.

No deal has been officially announced yet, but its expected one could be within a few hours.

Good for Dempster. He deserves a ring just as much as the next guy, and has that shot in Atlanta.

Too bad the Jays couldn't wrangle him up.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

No deal has been officially announced yet, but its expected one could be within a few hours.

Good for Dempster. He deserves a ring just as much as the next guy, and has that shot in Atlanta.

Agreed.

There are plenty of other pitchers they can get at, though.

Agreed.

There are. Just pulling out all that Canadian content stuff. I know Cole Hamels is talking contract with the Phillies, also I'd hate to see what it would cost the Jays. Gose and d'Arnaud come to mind, and I wouldn't be down with that.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Marlins send Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez to the Tigers for prospects Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, and Brian Flynn.

Infante has one year left on his deal and Sanchez is heading into free agency, so it seems like quite a bit to give up for a couple rental players. Definite immediate upgrade at two holes though.

Agreed.

I'd love for Dempster to play in Toronto as much as any other Blue Jays fan, but a deal just wouldn't make sense. He's 36 and in the final year of his contract, which wouldn't warrant giving up some of our better prospects at this point in time.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived