2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

How sad is for the league that its two brights star post-lockout that would bring the NHL into the mainstream are Crosby (Potentially ruined and many never be half of what he was) and Ovechkin (whatever his excuse is)?

Ovechkin has a bad year. :censored: happens. Maybe next year, he'll start being good again.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sad is for the league that its two brights star post-lockout that would bring the NHL into the mainstream are Crosby (Potentially ruined and many never be half of what he was) and Ovechkin (whatever his excuse is)?

Ovechkin has a bad year. :censored: happens. Maybe next year, he'll start being good again.

Last year was bad year by his standards too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The Hockey News predicted the Capitals over the Blackhawks in the SCF...

If this year's Blackhawks team somehow manages to squeak into the playoffs, there's no way in hell we'll be able to take anyone to seven games, much less win a playoff series.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Caps are so frustrating to watch right now. Maddeningly inconsistent. If we make the playoffs itll be a miracle.

Agreed. This year's Caps team is is probably one of the biggest examples I have seen in my 25 seasons of NHL fan-hood of a team grossly not playing up to its potential. Also, what the hell is wron with Ovechkin?

Well heres the thing: I think the makeup of this team has been overrated. There is not a potential 30 goal scorer on this team, save Ovechkin and Semin, and theyre both having putrid seasons. Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green are so sorely missed. Theyve buttoned down defensively, but the offense is impotent so when eventually the star offensive players (see above) make a defensive mistake its magnified that much more. Jason Chimera shouldnt be your teams 2nd leading goal scorer (tied with Troy Brouwer and Alex Semin with 15). John Carlson is having a subpar year on both ends of the ice. Its just a gigantic cluster :censored: in DC right now. Not many players are playing well and the ones that are cant carry the team.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

All this talk about Caps goaltending has left me wondering about Semyon Varlamov.

I always thought he was going to be something great, and while he was in Washington, he was never healthy, and now in Colorado, he's healthy and sucks.

Varly has all the tools to be a very good goalie, except in his head. When he is down on himself its really bad. When something goes wrong it tends to snowball on him. When he gets too jacked up he overplays things in nets and ends up hurting himself or getting out of position. Irbe was so good for him last year cause when he was healthy he was very good, same with Neuvirth. A good goaltending coach would help him out immensely but Colorado doesnt have one.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

5-1 Sharks right now. The Caps are appalling to watch. I hope GMGM sells at the deadline as this team is not making the playoffs.

I see Knuble leaving, at least.

Do the Canucks live in shootouts now?

A point a night gets you in.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh geez, another center ice goal surrendered for the Caps!

From downtown!

Friends of mine would look at me oddly when I'd say "Good shot!" or "Nice save!" and clap when a Thrashers player would shoot the puck from center-red (or beyond) and get it on target....or when an opposing player did the same and the Thrashers' goalie would make the save.

Then this happened one night a couple years ago:

I never got those odd looks and remarks again...

Archived