2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Another three point game in Minnesota. As a rarity in this world (read: Coyotes fan), I wanted the Kings to lose so we could actually, you know, take the three seed?

Also see: Coyotes decimating Ducks, Ray Whitney topping 1,000 points, Vrbata with ANOTHER goal.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often don't get people saying "Edwards is biased in favor of the Bruins, so therefore he's not a good broadcaster."

He's employed by a network owned by the Boston Bruins, broadcasting to vast-majority Bruins fans in New England. It'd be weird if he wasn't biased in favor of the Bruins.

This. A million times this.

Well I think it's stuff like this that gets people worked up:

He may be good, he may not be, IDK but when you do things like this it just reeks of amateur hour.

Edit: Also, you can be objective and still have more emphasis/excitement for a goal of the team on your network and be more "bummed out" if the other team scores or wins or whatever.

Or you can be Doc Emrick who called Devils games for Sportschannel/FSNY/MSG+ for 25-someodd years before leaving them for VS/NBCSN full time this season...where you get him at his best (and I hate the Devils, this clip isn't selected coincidentally):

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Since no one else will post it, the Blackhawks went on to win that game against Nashville, and clinched a playoff spot in the process. That was a fast-paced 5-4 game against the Predators (!) that was an incredibly fun, if not sometimes nauseating, viewing experience.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wonder if Still Mighty is at this Coyotes game. With the Kings loss, does this win put them in third place?

I wasn't, actually. I'm currently at a point where I couldn't afford a Coyotes/Ducks game. Now THAT'S saying something. (Not that I was really clamoring to watch the Ducks get thrashed around, end the season in a whimper, and allow Ray freaking Whitney his 1000th freaking point. Really?.... But I am readily accepting any and all grants or donations to the noble cause of helping out poor, hockey-loving, college students in the Phoenix area. Please and thank you.)

They would actually both be 39-27-13, with 33 ROW. Season series was 3-1-2 for LA, 3-2-1 for Phoenix. So LA earned 8 of 12, Phoenix 7 of 12.

So LA has a very slight advantage. I think a Dallas win puts them over the top of both.

Correct on all points, but San Jose is looking to truly FUBAR the standings with a 2-0 lead. San Jose is easily the most integral team to this whole Pacific race with their final four games set up as two home/away sets with Dallas and LA.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It wasn't the good kind of exciting. Gotta be able to lock down a four-goal lead. It's a good thing the Hawks can still manage to outpace their awful goaltending.

But they scored on a power play! Twice! That was nice! Usually they don't even manage a shot on goal! I'm glad they made the playoffs after all (they seemed out of it in February), but they need a favorable draw in that 3/6 matchup. They can beat the Stars, and they can beat the Sharks, it's the Kings and the house team I'm worried about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder if Still Mighty is at this Coyotes game. With the Kings loss, does this win put them in third place?

I wasn't, actually. I'm currently at a point where I couldn't afford a Coyotes/Ducks game. Now THAT'S saying something. (Not that I was really clamoring to watch the

Ducks get thrashed around, end the season in a whimper, and allow Ray freaking Whitney his 1000th freaking point. Really?.... But I am readily accepting any and all grants or donations to the noble cause of helping out poor, hockey-loving, college students in the Phoenix area. Please and thank you.)

This might be the Ducks last time ever in Phoenix though!(Then again, they were saying it was their last year last season, so who the f knows)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I wasn't, actually. I'm currently at a point where I couldn't afford a Coyotes/Ducks game. Now THAT'S saying something. (Not that I was really clamoring to watch the

Ducks get thrashed around, end the season in a whimper, and allow Ray freaking Whitney his 1000th freaking point. Really?.... But I am readily accepting any and all grants or donations to the noble cause of helping out poor, hockey-loving, college students in the Phoenix area. Please and thank you.)

This might be the Ducks last time ever in Phoenix though!(Then again, they were saying it was their last year last season, so who the f knows)

Yeah I know. And this could've been my last chance to see Teemu live. (Then again, we've been saying it was the last time last season, and the season before, and the season before, and the season before.) But, unfortunately it was either Ducks tickets or gas for my car, and it's quite the walk/bike ride from my house to school. I thought about just hanging around Westgate, but... um... who does that?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I thought about just hanging around Westgate, but... um... who does that?

No one, which is why the whole predicament exists.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Indeed, the blackhawks did win the preds contest, but giving up a 4-0 lead smacks of defeat, despite the outcome. *shrug* The winning continues, playoffs are clinched. I'll take it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reason one why the Flames are missing the playoffs for a third straight year. 5-16 in overtime this year.

Somehow we're still not eliminated, whatever.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Reason one why the Flames are missing the playoffs for a third straight year. 5-16 in overtime this year.

Congratulations on getting a loser point 19.5% of your games.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Matt Cooke is shocked and outraged that someone would bring such barbaric behavior to the gentlemen's game of ice hockey and oh hey guys by the way can I get my trophy yet 'cause I'm really itchin' to line some guy up and nail him square in the numbers.

Congratulations on getting a loser point 19.5% of your games.

You win at least 4 more we're in. Whatevs, now it's all over. Have fun Pacific Division. Hate to see the impending doom that will happen to the Flames.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived