2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing New York's last minute desperation just reminds me of one of my pet peeves of the pulling-goalie ideology.

NY had established puck possession in the Boston zone with about 1:45 to play. Why did they end up waiting 30 seconds before Lundqvist came to the bench? Once puck possession is established within two minutes remaining, it's just as well to pull the goalie then and take your chances. As it was, NY struggled to even establish possession after the icing with 45 ticks left, and Boston won.

I see this everywhere, so I'm not just singling out Torts staff. It doesn't make sense to me to wait in those situations.

spacer.png

Blackhawks played the Wild tonight, Ray Emery got the night off, except that he happened to be starting in net. Hawks lose to one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL, but a point's a point I guess.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In what could be Teemu's final home game, the Ducks give up a goal just 15 seconds into the first period.

Ironically, it was the first NHL goal of another guy named Teemu.

Edmonton Teemu ended up with two and Anaheim Teemu ended up with one to round out the final score of 2-1.

This better not be Selanne's last game. It can't. It shouldn't. Teemu leads the Ducks in points, is 2nd in assists, and 3rd in goals. He's tied for 7th in the league in power play goals and 34th in points. All at 41 years old. I know time is eventually going to catch him, but he's still decently fast. He still has the hands. He's still producing. As it has been every season, he says he'll keep playing until it's no longer fun. Back in December, I would've said he was done. There's no way he was having fun when the team was so awful. But with that torrid stretch and the finish to the year, I've got to think that was a hell of a lot more fun, and to me, more indicative of the team the Ducks are. I can't think this is how he'd want to go out either.

There's no reason for him to not come back. Like what was chanted all night and every final home game for the past four years or so, "One More Year!" C'mon Teemu. You know you can. You have to.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Flyers are a bunch of cry babies

The Penguins are bitches. Sad day when I side with Philly...

Still, neither side is on the level of "massive puÅŸÅŸy" that Torts and the Rags are...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Seeing New York's last minute desperation just reminds me of one of my pet peeves of the pulling-goalie ideology.

NY had established puck possession in the Boston zone with about 1:45 to play. Why did they end up waiting 30 seconds before Lundqvist came to the bench? Once puck possession is established within two minutes remaining, it's just as well to pull the goalie then and take your chances. As it was, NY struggled to even establish possession after the icing with 45 ticks left, and Boston won.

I see this everywhere, so I'm not just singling out Torts staff. It doesn't make sense to me to wait in those situations.

I was there and was saying the same thing to my buddy, to no avail.

Also, I've noticed that after icings, teams will employ a delay where they'll have a winger take the draw and get kicked out to get a few extra seconds. Boston did it a couple of times, I've seen the Rangers do it (though not tonight, I can't recall an icing of theirs), and a bunch of others. Has this been going on with the post-lockout rules and I haven't noticed until now, or is it a recent phenomenon?

Finally, I can't find season totals for too many men penalties. Can anyone help me there?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Blackhawks played the Wild tonight, Ray Emery got the night off, except that he happened to be starting in net. Hawks lose to one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL, but a point's a point I guess.

Yea.. Emery made the Wild look like an All-star team.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Scott Hartnell. The greatest character in hockey.

hartnell.gif

Laviolette was pissed that Bylsma put his 4th line out there down 3 goals when they hadn't played for 12 minutes, and called him "gutless".

oh and Crosby can STFU

"I’m sure (Laviolette) doesn’t like to see one of their top players getting hit. Maybe he shouldn’t have put him out there."

Truth hurts.

And the man Hartnell was taunting is a cancer survivor. Nothing but class.

oBIgzrL.png

Scott Hartnell. The greatest character in hockey.

hartnell.gif

Laviolette was pissed that Bylsma put his 4th line out there down 3 goals when they hadn't played for 12 minutes, and called him "gutless".

oh and Crosby can STFU

"I’m sure (Laviolette) doesn’t like to see one of their top players getting hit. Maybe he shouldn’t have put him out there."

Truth hurts.

And the man Hartnell was taunting is a cancer survivor. Nothing but class.

It's a you-know-what move, but to be fair, would Hartnell have known that? I doubt it's "Hartnell goes out of his way to taunt a cancer survivor" and more "Hartnell taunts fan (who just happened to be a cancer survivor)".

Way to shoot that full of holes, bro. B)

/He's still a dick

No argument there...but remember the whole "OMG AARON RODGERS DIDN'T STOP IN THE AIRPORT TO SIGN SOMETHING FOR A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR HE OBVIOUSLY WANTS EVERYONE WITH CANCER TO DIE AND HE'S AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING!11!!!111!!!" fiasco? I'm just sayin'.

Face it, if you looked up in the stands and saw faux hogan there, who wouldn't do the patented hulk move?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wasn't there also a mild-controversy over Flyers fans booing...who the hell was it...uhh...Jonathan Toews(?) in a breast cancer awareness ad that aired on the big screen in Philly?

A$sholes everywhere made that into a "Flyers fans vs. cancer" ordeal as well.

EDIT - duh, of course it was Crosby. Not sure what I was thinking.

spacer.png

I hate the Flyers, but I doubt Scott Hartnell had a dossier on all personal information of all Penguins fans handed to him before the game. There's absolutely no way he could've known that Fauxgan was a cancer survivor.

spacer.png

Archived