2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Pens-B's game last night:

Did he draw that? Yes, by all means. Could the ref tell from his position? Probably not. As far as the ref is concerned, it looked like a high stick, then it is a high stick, and a call needs to be made. The game is too fast to second guess, and there is no possible way to stop things like this from happening. There will always be phantom calls, and there will always be missed calls.

Not saying what Letang did was right, but you'd be seriously joking yourself if you said that everyone didn't at least once try to buy a penalty. And honestly, that's not even what did the B's in last night.

oBIgzrL.png

The Blues should consider going with two up-and-down logos at center ice. The way the red line bisects the blue note doesn't look very good. Everything's on the left except a little chunk.

Doc Emrick GREATEST PRONOUNCER EVER should consider pronouncing "Pavel Datsyuk" correctly. I don't think it rhymes with "babble rat cook."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

From the Pens-B's game last night:

Did he draw that? Yes, by all means. Could the ref tell from his position? Probably not. As far as the ref is concerned, it looked like a high stick, then it is a high stick, and a call needs to be made. The game is too fast to second guess, and there is no possible way to stop things like this from happening. There will always be phantom calls, and there will always be missed calls.

Not saying what Letang did was right, but you'd be seriously joking yourself if you said that everyone didn't at least once try to buy a penalty. And honestly, that's not even what did the B's in last night.

It isn't the call that gets me mad, it's what Letang did. That isn't an easy call for the refs to make. However, this led to a 5 on 3 for Pitt, which they scored on twice. This completely changed the momentum of the game We went from going 2-2 into the third to 4-2. We still blew many oppurtunities near the end, and we deserved to lose, but that dive by Letang was just pathetic.

I'm sorry, but who and where are these pants-on-head idiots who are underrating Pavel Datsyuk? Or did I just come in here and cut you off before you could say "#2, Pavel Datsyuk should have access to a time machine"?

pierre_maguire_condom_head.jpg

HEY EDZO WHENEVER PAVVLE DATTSOOK ISN'T ON THE ICE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKING "WHERE'S PAVVLE DATTSOOK?" YEAH I KNOW I AM BUT

I await your response; in the meantime I'm commencing a grassroots effort to get the word out about Martin Brodeur.

The stupid thing is they let Letang blatantly draw that penalty out of thin air, yet let other obvious penalties go uncalled

The officiating is going to be godawful once the playoff starts. We've already had historically low levels of obstruction calls and power plays in general, the whole playoffs are pretty much going to be called under overtime rules. Or like Boston/Tampa Game 7.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Compared to the likes of Stamkos, Crosby (or this year, Malkin), Kane, etc. he's just as valuable to the Wings as any of those guys are to their respective teams-- but I feel like he's rarely mentioned in that regard. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that he's on a fairly balanced squad, and he's not a big-time goal scorer. He single-handedly makes the Wings a better team both offensively and defensively, we've seen the effect of him being out, and tonight, what he can do to revive a shaken team.

That's what I meant.

I have never heard anyone assert that Kane is better or more important to his team than Datsyuk. He's perennially either the best two-way forward in the league or among the top three. No, he doesn't get the slobbering that Crosby does, because no one does, but he's hardly unslobbered upon. I feel he is properly rated as one of the game's elite.

I have never heard anyone assert that Kane is better or more important to his team than Datsyuk. He's perennially either the best two-way forward in the league or among the top three. No, he doesn't get the slobbering that Crosby does, because no one does, but he's hardly unslobbered upon. I feel he is properly rated as one of the game's elite.

Yeah, I've never heard anyone put Kane and Datsyuk put in the same class. And if anyone from Chicago is in/near Datsyuk's class, it's Toews, not Kane.

Still, is it possible for people to be underrating Datsyuk? I mean, in my extremely biased opinion, he's the best player in the NHL right now, and the only one close enough to make it debatable is Malkin. He's in rarified air IMO, unfortunately he will never have the stats to show for it because of the players he plays with (Bertuzzi and Franzen, who plays a couple games every few weeks before disappearing again) and his pass-first mentality. That's why I would kill for the Wings to make a run at Parise in the offseason (even over Suter)... pairing Datsyuk with a finisher like Parise would be lethal.

I'm looking forward to Philly eliminating Pittsburgh this coming first round - no matter how many phantom penalties get called.

Panthers are bad, but I don't trust the Crapitals and Sabres (gotta beat the Flyers in Philly) not to crap themselves tonight. I'd watch Panthers-Caps, but the game was moved to NHL Network so that people with Gamecenter can't watch it. Falling up.

I will lose my :censored: if the Panthers win the SE Title on our ice via OTL.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Looking tough for Buffalo. I hope Florida is as good as in. I kind of want them to play the Rangers. If the upset were to happen this thread would see a meltdown. As a Florida fan I am embracing being the troll of the NHL. Beats the basement.

Archived