2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Except the Panthers have 37 wins. ^_^ Maybe the Islanders end up with 40 wins if there's a shootout...maybe not. Either way, all we know is they ended the year with 35 wins.

wtf. You can't compare a shootout-era team to a pre-shootout-era team, and then say I'm not allowed to adjust in any way for that major change in tabulation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the Panthers have 37 wins. ^_^ Maybe the Islanders end up with 40 wins if there's a shootout...maybe not. Either way, all we know is they ended the year with 35 wins.

wtf. You can't compare a shootout-era team to a pre-shootout-era team, and then say I'm not allowed to adjust in any way for that major change in tabulation.

Okay, guy. Enjoy your hypothetical fantasy world.

We get that you hate the Panthers. Kinda suprised you haven't stabbed yourself in the eye now they're in the playoffs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

We get that you hate the Panthers. Kinda suprised you haven't stabbed yourself in the eye now they're in the playoffs.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the Isles could have won 3 of 11 shootouts given the general crapshoot nature of them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Admiral won't need to pick up a knife anytime soon considering they'll be done in 4 games.

The Leafs won, but all the teams we needed to win won. Had we lost, we'd be guaranteed a top-5 pick, but now we can't finish higher than 7th. All we need is to lose our next game. Against the Habs. Without Price.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

And with the Colorado/Dallas losses, the Western field is set as well. Kings/Coyotes/Sharks all clinch.

All that's left to decide are the President's Trophy, Pacific/Southeast Divisions, and the bottom of the West.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the Isles could have won 3 of 11 shootouts given the general crapshoot nature of them.

That's the fun of probability :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Got a good one going in LA, SJ ties it 3-3 a minute into the 3rd. The Sharks won't relinquish their division crown so easily.

Crap 4-3 now

Now Marleau ties it back up 4-4!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Congratulations to the refs for not seeing Ryane Clowe reaching out from the bench to play the puck. Wow. Just :censored: ing wow.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

To all those complaining about the Panthers, the Sharks have 9 shootout wins and are tied for the Pacific lead. (Technically 7th because of the ROW).

So there's that.

-----

Right now we have:

Rangers vs Capitals

Bruins vs Senators

Panthers vs Devils

Penguins vs Flyers

Canucks vs Coyotes

Blues vs Sharks

Kings vs Blackhawks

Predators vs Red Wings

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, the Sharks are kinda not good.

Well, I mean, you can't compare a 2003 team with a 2012 team apples to apples. Now sure you can't say with 100% metaphysical certitude that they'd have gone 6-5 or 5-6 in the shootout, but it's almost certain that they'd have more wins, such as they are, with the shootout available, and if they weren't to add a single point of the 11 possible, then someone somewhere else did, and that's too much to consider for such an exercise as this. You can't just say "well wins are wins" when that particular flavor of win didn't exist yet. Comparing them in terms of wins, losses, and ties after 65 minutes, Long Island finished 35-36-11 in 2003, with Florida currently sitting at 31-33-17. One more win will put them even in points percentage, though they'll still have won fewer of their games. So they're pretty much even, except that the Isles finished eighth and were summarily dispatched by a loaded Ottawa team, whereas the Panthers will be a division champion, having won fewer of their games outright than quite possibly all four of their divisional rivals (Washington 36, Tampa 34, Winnipeg 33, they can tie Carolina at 32). This screams that the system is broken.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Damn Flyers put the Panthers into the playoff field.

Oh well. Not that I can really riff about the losing record factor at this point - Buffalo is 39-42, so they can't surpass .500.

UPDATE - But no division title tonight. Capitals got this game under wraps now. Which also means Buffalo is out of playoff contention. For those not keeping track, Florida is now 1-3-5 over their last nine, and 37-44 overall. Worst record to get into the playoffs in quite some time, probably ever under the current system.

The 2002-03 Islanders made the playoffs with 35 wins...in a system that included OTLs.

Back then there were technically four possible outcomes to a game.

Now there are three.

EDIT - This point has already been made and argued on about. Nevermind.

spacer.png

Orpik got 5 and a gamer on that, but I doubt it'll warrant a suspension. However Torts had this to say:

“It’s a cheap dirty hit. I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there? I wonder what would happen? I am anxious to see what happens with the league with this. There is just no respect amongst the players.

It’s one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this kind of stuff all the time and then look what happens. It’s ridiculous…they will whine about something else over….. there about their two ******* stars”

YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Good for Torts. Flipping out is his thing.

It appears to be a new trend in the NHL. Lose to the penguins, whine about how they are whiners.

Pots and Kettles. Or in this case, mostly pots.

And FWIW, it was only knee-on-knee (well, in this case, it hardly was, but i digress...) because of Stepan trying to dodge the hit. Had he not leaped to his left, it would have been a solid, clean body check. Saw no further discipline for the blatant charge that injured Niskanen a few days ago, did we? It goes both ways.

oBIgzrL.png

Orpik got 5 and a gamer on that, but I doubt it'll warrant a suspension. However Torts had this to say:

?It?s a cheap dirty hit. I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there? I wonder what would happen? I am anxious to see what happens with the league with this. There is just no respect amongst the players.

It?s one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this kind of stuff all the time and then look what happens. It?s ridiculous?they will whine about something else over?.. there about their two ******* stars?

That tirade was a thing of beauty.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That knee was still out. In my opinion, that's a very, very serious hit that can end somebody's career. Look at what that puss Ulf Samuelsson did to Cam Neely.

EDIT: Also thought this looked kinda cool.

tumblr_m15qwoPmo71qcjarto1_500.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived