2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Gomez, the Habs 7 million dollar man only has a punitive 4 assists and no goals in 11 games. He hasn't scored a goal since last february.

I am now at a loss for words. What else can I say?

i never understood why he was such a hot commodity to begin with. I always thought of him as a second or third liner.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Scott Gomez, the Habs 7 million dollar man only has a punitive 4 assists and no goals in 11 games. He hasn't scored a goal since last february.

i never understood why he was such a hot commodity to begin with. I always thought of him as a second or third liner.

What pisses off alot of people over here is that he wasn't signed by the Canadiens at that price. The Rangers blew the bank on him and then once they found out they made a mistake, they shipped him and his mega contract away to the Habs. The sole reason why the Habs made such a boneheaded move was to reunite him with Gionta. Gionta has been awesome in his tenure with the Habs, but without Gomez, there's no Gionta.

If Gomez was earning a few millions less, he would not get as much heat as he's getting now. He would probably still suck, but at least he wouldn't be eating up precious cap space. Right now, he's the butt of jokes from Canadiens fans all over the place. You should here the things that people say they would love to trade him for.

What pisses off alot of people over here is that he wasn't signed by the Canadiens at that price. The Rangers blew the bank on him and then once they found out they made a mistake, they shipped him and his mega contract away to the Habs. The sole reason why the Habs made such a boneheaded move was to reunite him with Gionta. Gionta has been awesome in his tenure with the Habs, but without Gomez, there's no Gionta.

If Gomez was earning a few millions less, he would not get as much heat as he's getting now. He would probably still suck, but at least he wouldn't be eating up precious cap space. Right now, he's the butt of jokes from Canadiens fans all over the place. You should here the things that people say they would love to trade him for.

That's fine, but the Canadiens ALREADY KNEW he had a horrible contract, and traded for him anyway. The Canadiens are stupid.

That is about as perfectly as that could have gone. Lots of points from Sid, plenty of production from the rest of the team, the special teams answered questions posed in recent games, Fleury pitches a shutout. If this is a sign of things to come, then this is very, very exciting.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived