2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flames played some bi-polar hockey tonight, beating the Wild pretty good tonight. I was kinda hoping for another loss just to see maybe something happen. Crazy about Boudreau though, haven't really been paying attention to them this year, obviously they haven't been the normal Capitals.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet;

Boudreau to be fired in next 24-48 hours? Dale Hunter to replace him?

Who would see the Blues/Captials firing their coaches before the Jackets/Ducks?

I didnt post it because its just rumor/speculation. If Boudreau is gone (I dont think so), I highly doubt McPhee would dip into the Jr. Hockey well and snag a coach with 0 professional coaching experience when (if all the scuttlebutt is correct) he's got a team revolting on its current coach. Yes, its a Capitals legend, and hes been rocking the world in London, but he has no professional experience and he has a job from which he cannot be fired. I'm not saying its not going to happen I just do not see McPhee making a panic move like this.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I just don't see Carlyle being given the sack anytime soon. The Ducks organisation comes across as being too stubborn to get rid of Carlyle for the simple fact that he holds the most wins in franchise history, which to be honest means jack :censored: when his team has had its worst start for some time. The fact that he got a raise this season takes the piss, especially considering it was his stale system that led to us losing against the stinkin' Preds in the playoffs.

If the Ducks are *ahem*, "In that market", I'd certainly be interested in seeing what Boudreau could do for them.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

AS DISCUSSED ON THE TWITTER, Scott Arniel is a hell of an AHL coach. He should have started as an assistant in the NHL before taking on such an egregious project as the Jackets.

Columbus needs to bring in someone who can work with the youngsters and the new old guys they have. As weird as it is to say it, Craig Ramsey might be that guy, but he's old and he's in his natural environment (Florida).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I just don't see Carlyle being given the sack anytime soon. The Ducks organisation comes across as being too stubborn to get rid of Carlyle for the simple fact that he holds the most wins in franchise history, which to be honest means jack :censored: when his team has had its worst start for some time. The fact that he got a raise this season takes the piss, especially considering it was his stale system that led to us losing against the stinkin' Preds in the playoffs.

If the Ducks are *ahem*, "In that market", I'd certainly be interested in seeing what Boudreau could do for them.

I don't know if it's being too stubborn. From what I understand, Samueli doesn't want to swallow Carlyle and Murray's contracts. Carlyle is in the first year of a 3-year extension and Murray just got a 4-year extension in the offseason. Carlyle won't be fired while Murray is GM, and Murray won't be fired anytime soon because of logistical reasons.

There are numerous reasons why they both should be fired, but they won't be. And that sucks, especially with the firings today and even looking at Hitchcock's record in St. Louis.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd want Boudreau in Anaheim. Boudreau and Carlyle are very similar in their coaching styles. I'm not sure the players would react exactly the right way with that change.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not necessarily defending the coaches who were fired or even trying to relate it to these firings, but I thought I should while we're on the topic of coaches being fired. Ron Wilson was saying last year (paraphrased) that whenever a team goes on a horrible losing streak, it's always the coach who gets blamed and becomes the scapegoat. But when the team's on a winning streak, everyone congratulates the players for chipping in, doing their part, doing the little things etc... In all honesty, has a team ever gone on an extended losing streak where not one article or fan group pops up calling for his head? Has a team ever gone on a big winning streak where people credited the coach at all, let alone before any of the players?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not necessarily defending the coaches who were fired or even trying to relate it to these firings, but I thought I should while we're on the topic of coaches being fired. Ron Wilson was saying last year (paraphrased) that whenever a team goes on a horrible losing streak, it's always the coach who gets blamed and becomes the scapegoat. But when the team's on a winning streak, everyone congratulates the players for chipping in, doing their part, doing the little things etc... In all honesty, has a team ever gone on an extended losing streak where not one article or fan group pops up calling for his head? Has a team ever gone on a big winning streak where people credited the coach at all, let alone before any of the players?

The Blues are like 10-0 since hiring Ken Hitchcock and I've heard loads of praise directed towards Hitchcock before they get to the players. So yes, coaches often do get credit for winning streaks too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I always thought Bogosian was a really good, shut down defenseman.

After last night, I'm not so sure anymore.

Yup, a shut-down defenseman who lead the Petes' in scoring his last season there. /sarcasm

He is closer to a Mike Green than Shea Weber - very strong offensive side, but not your strongest defender.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I knew Bodreau was not going to last the season, the Capitals should be the best team in the East and they cant get past the second round, do they really thingk Hunter will help?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would not object to seeing Paul Maurice behind the Ducks bench.

Some die-hard Habs fan friends of mine feel Martin ought to be shown the door soon as well. I told him the loser of Wednesday's game gets fired first. :P

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived