2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when someone delivers a big, clean hit and then the team of the receiving player starts a fight/scrum. It's so stupid and almost whiny in the sense that "I can't take a big hit".

Unfortunately, today's players have no clue on proper edicate when it comes to hits. A lot of people are quick to blame the equipment, when that's not the problem. The problem is the over-protection of "star" players who get hit. You're star player gets hit legally, then you deliver a hit to the player who hit your star player. If it's a dirty hit, that's when you drop the gloves.

Sigh?the Kings played like sh** tonight. What the hell was Murray thinking, not calling a time out with 1:30 to go but calling one with 4.7 left?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Mike Yeo has to be the early Jack Adams favorite as the Wild wax Phoenix, 4-1, for their seventh straight win and their 12th in their last 14 games. Niklas Backstrom returned in net tonight and came within a couple minutes of a shutout.

To briefly detour into "Adventures in NHL Babysitting" territory, the few Wild fans in attendance were almost as loud as the slightly more Coyotes fans, at least in their respective goal celebrations. Also, at one point they showed a camera shot of a fountain in the plaza outside the arena. As far as I could see, the plaza looked completely deserted.

In the Coyote fans' defense, not many fans of any NHL team go nuts after scoring their first goal with four minutes left and down by four haha. And good for that plaza being empty, they're all inside!!! :P

But yeah Yeo is definitely coach of the year. Nobody expected the Wild of all teams to be leading the Northwest about halfway through the season, let alone the entire NHL. Their goaltending and defense have been stellar this year.

Sucks for my Avs :/

Manchester-City-icon.png

Now that the entire league knows the key to beating Fleury is going high glove side, and with half the defense out again, we're gonna need some offense for a while...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The Avs were terrible last season. Do you mean two years ago, in which they ridiculously overachieved?

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Wild. They're really banking points now, so they're probably not going to fall into the cellar, but they're probably not sustaining 2.1 goals allowed per game, either.

EDIT: Likewise, Blues

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Avs were terrible last season. Do you mean two years ago, in which they ridiculously overachieved?

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Wild. They're really banking points now, so they're probably not going to fall into the cellar, but they're probably not sustaining 2.1 goals allowed per game, either.

EDIT: Likewise, Blues

He probably means the fact that the Avs were good at the beginning of the year then dropped off drastically.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Oh, maybe, I guess. Minnesota has a better roster this year than the Avs did last year, though. Much better goaltending in particular.

Avs fell off again this year, too! Remember October when Varlamov was playing out of his mind and nobody could skate up and down the ice with them? That didn't last long.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 assists tonight. :P

Yeah, lol. A pleasantly good start. He's a good passer, but he's on a huge goal deficit at the moment.

I hope things work out for him over here. I also hope that the fresh start he was given helps him get over the slump he's been having.

Sidney Crosby out indefinitely again with concussion-like symptoms.

The most important part of the sentence is "concussion-like". The team can be much more liberal in treatment and are not obligated to disclose anything.

As opposed to what? In this league, a guy could get scalped on the ice in full view of 18,000, and his team would list him as day-to-day with a lower body injury.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sidney Crosby out indefinitely again with concussion-like symptoms.

The most important part of the sentence is "concussion-like". The team can be much more liberal in treatment and are not obligated to disclose anything.

As opposed to what? In this league, a guy could get scalped on the ice in full view of 18,000, and his team would list him as day-to-day with a lower body injury.

That sounds more like a circumcision.

Archived