2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the " We Forgive You Teemu, Come Home Sign "

The guy was unbelievable for Jets 1.0 and was traded and on top of that upset with Jets management for trading him. Nice to see they forgive him... Some Jets fans I tell yah, they are already as delusional as us Leafs fans.

untitled-6.jpg

With 0.1 seconds left remaining in the 3rd period the Rangers win a thriller via Mike Richards.
I think you mean Brad.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Ryan Jones is second to Jonathan Toews in always giving you the worst possible facial expression for a still shot:

stugglingjonesface.jpg

Also, "stuggling"

Maybe Joe Namath wrote that. He struggles with the word struggling.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Apparently Hawks calling up Jeremy "Concussion Schmonschmussion" Morin to the big show, hopefully he's A: Healthy and B: Awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Huge night for the pens. Defeated Sabres 8-2. Fourteen different players get points. Fleury is 4th youngest goalie since '67 to get 200 wins. Simon Despres gets first NHL goal. Carl Sneep gets a point in his first NHL game. Dupuis with his 300th point, Orpik with his 100th point. Geno with five points including a hat trick. All that without Crosby, Staal, Park, or Michalek. A real treat of a game to attend.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

don't look now but Malkin is T4 in scoring while playing 2 fewer games than Giroux and 6 fewer than Kessel

Well, crap, here comes the concussion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It is nice seeing Malkin play well. Too talented to not be considered an elite player in this league.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Borque sent Brent Seabrook into Concussion Land. Suspension? Probably.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hammer's on some Sam Hurd cocaine, putting all kinds of SOG, including a doofy goal that that puck that spun like a top into the net. Kane with a nice score as well. Hawks wearing hardhats and handling their business today.

twitter

Hammer's on some Sam Hurd cocaine, putting all kinds of SOG, including a doofy goal that that puck that spun like a top into the net. Kane with a nice score as well. Hawks wearing hardhats and handling their business today.

I know no one cares, but I'd like something anything more from Hossa and Leddy in these final 8 minutes. I am down by 0.4 points in my fantasy league. Anything from either of those two (goal, assist, penalty, anything) would put me over. C'mon!

EDIT: As I typed that Hossa scores on the power play. Well done, Blackhawks. You've proved your usefulness to me.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hossa answered Still Mighty's christmas prayers with a sniper shot from the point, lol.

Good win, not A+ across the board, but good games from Hammer, Keith, and Kane. Morin didn't do too bad with the top line in his first game up this season, but I'm interested to see how long they'll let him stay with 19/88.

twitter

Welp, been around 6 months since the Thrashers skipped town, however, evidenced by my sig, I've still got a soft spot for the Zombie Thrashers. When they first left (and for a few months afterwards), I didn't want to root for that team's success. I was happy to see the folks in Winnipeg get a team back. I've been happy for the fans there since day 1. It was good to see Winnipeg get the NHL back, just not at the expense of a team that I loved. The reason why I didn't want them to succeed was because of my selfish thinking that "If I can't see that team succeed after sticking with them through thick and MOSTLY THIN, why should they get to enjoy it? Let em have the same perennial losing that we had." It was selfish, but damned if it didn't feel good.

However, I started watching Jets games again, and I found myself actively rooting for them to win. Mainly because I'm still attached to the players on that team (that didn't cry "O noez not Winnipeg" when the move was announced like Anthony Stewart). They've gone up to Canada and they're now freakin' beloved there and they've finally got solid ownership & hockey management to steer them along the right path. Plus, they've got the absolute best home-ice advantage in the league right now. MTS is a freaking madhouse, it's amazing. I'm happy that the franchise is finally being treated like a true NHL club, instead of a millionaire's expensive distraction. I've already resigned myself to the fact that the Jets will be more successful than they were in their Atlanta days, but now instead of considering it a concession, I consider it more of actively wishing well on them.

So mostly, to the fans of Winnipeg: Thanks for showing mad love to this team like the few diehards down here in Atlanta did. It's good to see that the franchise and those players will be in good hands for years to come. As for this year, they'll probably collapse. It's still a young team, and Thrashers fans have seen this movie time & time again with this franchise (hell, we saw it just last year. I'm just sayin'. :lol.) However, the sooner that the Winnipeg version of the Whiteout comes back, the better. So once again, thanks. Of course I didn't want my Thrashers to move, but they couldn't have gone to a better place. Who knows, maybe I'll end up following this team like a clan of fans down here who still follow the Flames. Either way, I wish absolutely no ill-will on the Jets. I'll be directing all of my NHL-related rage to the clowns who inexplicably still own the Atlanta Hawks. :P

Sorry for the random musing that seemed to come out of nowhere. It was on my chest and I figured this would be a good place to put it.

------------------

With 0.1 seconds left remaining in the 3rd period the Rangers win a thriller via Mike Richards.
I think you mean Brad.

Video for anybody who still hasn't seen it.

Wow. When's the last time that this happened? Happens all the time in the NBA, but it's actually much cooler to see this happen in the NHL.

Archived