2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

So the Blue Jackets won their 10th game tonight...

*looks at calendar*

*smashes nearest lamp*

As the latest member of the double-digit club, the Anaheim Ducks welcome you. (BTW, January 8th. Mark your calenders :rolleyes: )

---

The Ducks are just an awful dumpster fire. This season is almost worse than just being flat out bad. They aren't just going out there and straight sucking. There have only really been a couple games where they've been run out of the building. They either get an early 2-3 goal lead and give it up or they'll go down early to either tie it or just do enough to get the game to the "oh crap we might have a chance here if we score another here in the next 3 minutes" and then give up a goal quickly after the tie/"We're in it" moment.

Just ripping your hearts out nightly.

And of all the things wrong with the Ducks, the goaltending position has been just such an enigma. I really don't understand what's going on. I mean I could extend that to a lot of areas with this team, but I really don't know what the :censored: is going on in net. I really just don't get it with this team. Yeah the bottom six forwards aren't great by any stretch, that was a problem last year and nothing was really done to fix it, parts were shuffled a bit down there but no upgrades. But, the top-end talent is there just not scoring. The defensive core is there, but are just getting truly unlucky at times (they'll defend as hard/fast as they can for 5-10 minute stretches, and the first mental mistake ends up in the net. Happens way too often). The goaltending, I just don't know. They're just getting beat, and I can't explain it more than that.

Le sigh.

Go Jets.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flyers are now 4-0 at Consol Energy Center as Jagr and Talbot score goals in their return to Pittsburgh

i-aint-even-mad-154557-400-300.jpg

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Knew that winning streak was too much to ask for. Totally got dominated by the Islanders. Can't win them all, but that was brutal.

It was the curse of Blake Comeau.

He's been actually pretty good, not of late though and it showed last night. Good on the PK, not asking much of him really.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As a fan of a southern hockey team, I too have had grandiose dreams of an outdoor game (Ducks/Kings at the Rose Bowl or something would be pretty sweet, at least for the fans in SoCal), but putting it in a dome (retractable roof or not) kinda defeats the entire purpose of the game. Even putting it outside in the south just doesn't give it the same atmosphere as it would elsewhere. There isn't the weather, there isn't the "history" with it. And to the end of it, the NHL just probably won't ever do it.

We always point to that Kings/Rangers preseason game in Vegas back then and saying with the improved technology it could probably work in theory, but it just won't happen. I'd like to dream about it, but it probably won't happen. At the point that it were to actually happen, I'd almost think it'd be time to cut the whole thing, unfortunately.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Having the Classic (or any other outdoor game) anywhere outside of Canada or the Northeast U.S. really wouldn't make much sense, both weather-wise & ratings-wise. Maybe a Colorado-Detroit or a Minnesota-Dallas classic would work, but other than that, I don't see how it would be a success outside of the Canada or the Northeast. It would've basically jumped the shark by then.

As a fan of a southern hockey team, I too have had grandiose dreams of an outdoor game (Ducks/Kings at the Rose Bowl or something would be pretty sweet, at least for the fans in SoCal), but putting it in a dome (retractable roof or not) kinda defeats the entire purpose of the game. Even putting it outside in the south just doesn't give it the same atmosphere as it would elsewhere. There isn't the weather, there isn't the "history" with it. And to the end of it, the NHL just probably won't ever do it.

We always point to that Kings/Rangers preseason game in Vegas back then and saying with the improved technology it could probably work in theory, but it just won't happen. I'd like to dream about it, but it probably won't happen. At the point that it were to actually happen, I'd almost think it'd be time to cut the whole thing, unfortunately.

Well they said that they couldn't do it in LA because they need that roof closed for 2 weeks prior to the game to get a perfect sheet of ice, when they would then open it before the game started. This would really only leave Dallas and Florida as the two teams who could pull that off (I presume the Coyotes would be gone by that time).

But I agree, don't like the idea.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

As a fan of a southern hockey team, I too have had grandiose dreams of an outdoor game (Ducks/Kings at the Rose Bowl or something would be pretty sweet, at least for the fans in SoCal),

Not the Rose Bowl. You put it on the beach. Set it all up just for the game. You'd get that beautiful Pacific sunset, and beautiful bodies in swimsuits as a backdrop. Hot and cold, curing all, embracing the wisdom of the Chinese. That's California Hockey.

Lake Tahoe would be a cool place for a Sharks Winter Classic. Maple Leafs-Red Wings at the Big House would be a really cool way to get 100,000+ people at a hockey game, but I'm worried that if they played each other, the universe would collapse upon itself and create the Tampa Bay Lightning.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1. The Panthers are not a classic team

2. Closing the roof defeats the point of an OUTDOOR game. It's literally just hockey in a baseball field then.

3. The Panthers can barely draw 16 000 fans; there's no way they'll sell out a 50 000 seat field.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

But if you take all the Marlins fans and all the Panthers fans and tarp off a couple more sections, you can fill BankAtlantic Center!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Corey Crawford's looking floppy/fishy tonight. He's gonna lose his job for the long term if he keeps that up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived