2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

What is this, the Kings just scored on the power play :o

And why the hell did Andrew Alberts not get a penalty 1. for being the "third man" in the Clifford-Ballard scrum and 2. for throwing punches at Clifford when Clifford was on top of Ballard

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be the point of going to the game if you had the seats from the pic above? You can't see the backs of the jerseys, let alone the puck.

The experience. How often do you get to watch an NHL game played outside?

... and don't forget, the view is better in real life. Pictures make things look even smaller.

-Once a year from my living room. The view is better and it's free. I may as well go to the CN Tower and watch some kids play shinny on a pond in the horizon and get the same viewing experience.

-That's not really saying much (regarding your last point).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, a ton of people there won't be able to see anything. The NHL really needs to stop playing these games in baseball stadiums and if that means moving the game (ideally the weekend before the Super Bowl), then so be it.

I think I mentioned this last year....

The NHL needs to get far away from football. With this being a showcase event, you need to put this game up against sporting events that aren't going to pound you, i.e. football.

They should go with two outdoor games: a Heritage Classic on Boxing Day and a Winter Classic on President's Day weekend.

They should go with two outdoor games: a Heritage Classic on Boxing Day and a Winter Classic on President's Day weekend.

There's a big problem.. actually two problems, with President's Day weekend: Daytona 500 (traditionally, I know this year's is later) and the NBA All-Star Game (again traditionally, this year's is later due to the lockout). Plus NBC's carved that out as Hockey Day in America the past two years so I'm not so sure that a Winter Classic would work as well then as it would on New Year's Day before the BCS Bowl games.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I always thought it'd be cool to see in Canada at least. Have Hockey Day in Canada on Christmas Day. It's not like too many people in the States will be watching it, but seeing how most Canadian kids get something hockey related on the day, might as well play the game on that day.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow. The Leafs collapse before the Panthers. If this team can't kill penalties, they're not going ANYWHERE. Can they go one game without allowing costly PP goals?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There's a big problem.. actually two problems, with President's Day weekend: Daytona 500 (traditionally, I know this year's is later) and the NBA All-Star Game (again traditionally, this year's is later due to the lockout). Plus NBC's carved that out as Hockey Day in America the past two years so I'm not so sure that a Winter Classic would work as well then as it would on New Year's Day before the BCS Bowl games.

So make the Winter Classic a part of Hockey Day in America the Saturday afternoon of President's Day weekend.

It won't be going up against NBA festivities or Nascar. It's lone competition is regular season college basketball, which the NHL can easily challenge in ratings for one day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So the Blue Jackets won their 10th game tonight...

*looks at calendar*

*smashes nearest lamp*

Go Jets.

/Jets Bandwagon here, too! :P

Last night was great for two period at Nationwide. The place had some atmosphere to it, the team was playing well. And then the third period happened.

And yeah, go read Sodboy's link. Why the hell he wasn't fired after game eight, I don't know.

Also, I'd just like to point out that the last time the Blue Jackets fired a coach, two years ago, the interim head man came in and did a damn good job, but the team didn't hire him to be the permanent coach? What's that guy doing right now? Not much, just placing the Winnipeg Jets in playoff position. :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

Three straight games, get the first goal. Three straight games, blow that lead, and proceed to get dominated once again. Flames season is hanging by a thread. Washington on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, and the glorious NHL schedule makes have yet to schedule a single game against the Pacific Division. So 20 of our final 42 games will come against the likes of San Jose, LA, Dallas, Anaheim and Phoenix. YAY! <_< A group we didn't do all that well against for the last couple of seasons.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I really hope Nationwide Arena hasn't been transformed into a mausoleum of sadness by the time I go in February, but it if has, I certainly won't fault the fans for it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Brayden Schenn scores his first NHL goal, and shortly after that, Claude Giroux makes it 2-0 for Philadelphia.

Aaaaaand Mike Rupp makes it 2-1.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived