2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

4-0 Isles!

You're pathetic.

Well if an internet toughie says so. :rolleyes:

Alright fine I'm an "internet toughie", doesn't make you any less sad for obsessively following and reporting on a team you claim to hate and twice reporting that they're losing to the Islanders.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-0 Isles!

You're pathetic.

Well if an internet toughie says so. :rolleyes:

Alright fine I'm an "internet toughie", doesn't make you any less sad for obsessively following and reporting on a team you claim to hate and twice reporting that they're losing to the Islanders.

Since I clearly irritate you so much I suggest you use the ignore feature.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Like I said, they'll always have Campoli's turnover. That's their Great Moment of Canucks Lore.

Yeah, that's fine, but we'll always have Chelsea Dagger and the knowledge that it makes Canuck fans' ears bleed. :D :D

I actually don't mind Chelsea Daggar cause it was used as (the SPL team) Celtic's goal song. It's just that obnoxiously loud foghorn that blasts through my speakers that pisses me off.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Since I clearly irritate you so much I suggest you use the ignore feature.

It does clog up the thread with clutter, especially when it's a relatively meaningless game.

The NHL thread is meant to post noteworthy, meaningful moments that occur during the season....not goal-by-goal or game-by-game updates about a particular team.

And Brendan does have a point....good or bad, you talk about the Red Wings more than you do about the Maple Leafs, and it's not even close. No other poster comes close to dogging their most hated team far more than they do defend/compliment their favorite team. I could see it if this were a Red Wings or Detroit-based message board, but the general populace here doesn't care enough about the Red Wings to warrant up-to-the-moment updates on their games.

Charger's Leafs fandom is virtually incidental.

Maybe we should have a separate thread for liveblogging mundane regular season games. I haven't liveblogged NHL Gamecenter in a while.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Posting about an NHL game in the NHL season thread... my bad.

Charger's Leafs fandom is virtually incidental.

Actually I a huge Leafs fan, I just don't post about it here.

but the general populace here doesn't care enough about the Red Wings to warrant up-to-the-moment updates on their games.

Couldn't that be said about any team in any thread.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Actually I a huge Leafs fan, I just don't post about it here.

Why is that?

Couldn't that be said about any team in any thread.

It's not just directed at you...hopefully the assclowns that give us updates on every Flames and Ducks game get the message, too.

You gave us the 3-0 and 4-0 score of the Red Wings/Islanders game. No offense, but where was the insight in posting that? And don't give your tired "NHL in NHL thread" crap...give a real reason.

Anyway, Stalberg with the hat trick tonight. Oh, Blue Jackets, you are the last-girl-at-the-4am-bar slumpbuster. And for that, we thank you.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I missed the part where it was made clear that this thread was about "noteworthy" NHL happenings only. I just assumed it was a general NHL thread for general NHL posts. Was there a sticky posted somewhere that I missed?

If the Canucks played exactly like the Bruins, you'd be running at the mouth about how dirty and thuggish they are.

Yet the Bruins didn't have 6 men on the ice and at least one on the bench, pounding one player.

And for that they were rewarded with a 5 on 3 power play and the wrongful ejection of a key opposing player.

And since when is a hip check (no it was not a clip, it was interference)a five game suspension?

And weak is the perfect word when you have to hide your #1 goalie in a touque behind the bench.

No wonder why he lost a game 7 Cup Final at home.....he can't handle a regular season game with a little build up.

Luongo isn't so much the number one goalie as 1A and Schneider is 1B. And Luongo wanted that game, he wants to play every game. Fortunately, the Canucks are not giving Luongo everything he wants anymore, and rewarded a kid from the Boston area who has played excellently for the Canucks a chance to start in his hometown.

There wasn't any benefit to the Canucks in playing Luongo in that game. If he got shelled again, maybe he'd be a wreck for a while and he's playing really well right now. If he played well, great, but the odds of two teams both making it back to the final in back to back years aren't very good.

Why was it a suspension? Shanahan explained it minute detail in the video. I know it's rough not having a Bruin's dad running the NHL discipline department any more, but you're going to have deal with this painful adjustment. <_<

And I'll be totally fair and concede that Ballard and Hamhuis occasionally thow out hip checks that come close to being clipping and they need to watch that too.

Ducks get a hat trick from Koivu (back-to-back hat trick games for the first time in franchise history), another 5+ goals (which means another trip to Hooters for the Anaheim faithful), and a win from another AHL goaltender (this time it was Deslauriers) to win their third straight game for the first time since... well... their third win of the season wayyyyy back in Game #4.

Nice to see this team finally playing with some confidence. Confidence in the offense, defense, and no matter who's in net. Earlier, this team would have mailed it in once Dallas tied it that quickly in the 3rd, but hey, theyv'e got some comeback-ability now. Not going to mean much now, but it's nice to see, finally.

But hey, the Ducks playoff chances are up to 0.08%! BELIEVE! :lol::P

----

On my bandwagon-side-piece front:

- Yotes just keep scrap, scrap, scrappin. The point they earned in MSG was ALL Mike Smith. Made a miraculous kick save on the goalline in the first and another spectacular diving stick save on Gaborik's OT penalty shot. It's just a shame they have to rely on Oliver Ekmund-Larsson (actually a great upcoming defenseman, just shouldn't be in the shootout), Radim Vrbata (he scored in regulation and the shootout, but how the hell is he 9th in goals?), Mikkel Boedker, a one-eyed Adrian Aucoin (ringed the post), Ray Whitney and Shane Doan. Smith did all he could, but you can only scrap your way against the the best record in the league for so long.

- Speaking of Doan, I went to the Yotes/Isles game on Friday. Doan got his first NHL hat trick in 1161 career games, scored the final one with apparently 0.1 seconds remaining. (I doubted it, I almost thought the refs just gave it to him because, what the hell. It was already 4-1). Anyway there was a reported 13350 there, and you know what? I'd almost say that was an accurate number. And there were very few Islander fans, considering. The place was actually very lively and they were rocking for Doan towards the end of the game and there were more than plenty of hats on the ice (part of the reason I think the refs just gave it to him. I didn't see the video, but I'd say they were going to give it to him anyway). And I actually sat around some really passionate and in-the-know Yotes fans. Best display by Coyotes fans that I've seen in any game I've been to there. I was quite surprised. Although, I did note, there were a good amount of Canadian license plates in the parking lot. I have to assume the snowbird population brings in a larger attendance who are going to root for the Yotes/hockey in general when their team isn't in.

- My other side piece, the Jets, well they did all they could against those surging Bruins. Goaltending is good, but not great (Although it was a nifty enough move, how does Shawn Thornton score on a penalty shot? Yeesh). Defense still isn't great. But the Bruins are still the hottest team in the league. Hard to handle. Jets are still fighting around that last playoff spot. In the end, these are still the Thrashers, so I expect them to fall off, but it'll be fun while it lasts. I'm looking forward to the West Side Story game on Thursday. (Sharks/Jets. I will be severely disappointed if whatever broadcast I watch does not play that up. Do it.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I missed the part where it was made clear that this thread was about "noteworthy" NHL happenings only. I just assumed it was a general NHL thread for general NHL posts. Was there a sticky posted somewhere that I missed?

Hell, as much as I love this place, aside from the latest and greatest uniform/logo news and a good portion of concepts, 99.9% of the CCSLC isn't "noteworthy" lol.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Hell, as much as I love this place, aside from the latest and greatest uniform/logo news and a good portion of concepts, 99.9% of the CCSLC isn't "noteworthy" lol.

That's part of what makes this board the shiznit, IMHO.

Also, tune in to this thread on Thursday night - I'll be doing a post for every line change as well as listing commercials as they happen.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's part of what makes this board the shiznit, IMHO.

Also, tune in to this thread on Thursday night - I'll be doing a post for every line change as well as listing commercials as they happen.

but the general populace here doesn't care enough about the Red Wings the team you're talking about to warrant up-to-the-moment updates on their games.

:P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I'll allow Admiral to post on a per-game basis...because he amuses and entertains me.

The rest of you....tone it down.

Who gave you the authority to dictate who is allowed to write what in this thread?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'll allow Admiral to post on a per-game basis...because he amuses and entertains me.

The rest of you....tone it down.

Who gave you the authority to dictate who is allowed to write what in this thread?

tebow-christ2.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived