2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually heard his first calls were to Guy Herbert and Tim Cheveldae.

No, his guy needs to speak French. Vincent Riendeau.

Guy Herbert can't speak French? I always assumed...

Nope. Despite the name and pronunciation, Guy is from Troy, New York. Selected for the US in the 94 World Championships, 96 World Cup, and in Nagano in 98. Also was the final expansion roster Mighty Duck to leave the team in 2001 via waivers. Always loved Hebert and the "Guy-Fense" chants as a kid.

And he was the Incredible Skating Goalie in the ESPN commercials. At least I think he was.

Under Dave Tippett the Phoenix Coyotes were 84-9-13 when scoring first. Not only is that an eye-popping stat, but they scored first about two minutes into the game.

As an attendee at the game, I thought about that stat, I thought about the Blue Jackets team they were facing, and I nearly left. Glad I didn't. The Blue Jackets reversed a deficit, and won in regulation. They really do look better without Arniel.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Since the random goalie tangent amuses me:

maracle.jpg

NORM!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

oooh. Let's do Blue Jackets

t_37136.jpg

Marc Denis

Columbus+Blue+Jackets+v+San+Jose+Sharks+fJ-fkXNOycRl.jpg

Fred Norrena

article_24990_2.jpg

wade dubielewicz

And Dan Lacosta aka the "Moonlight Graham" of NHL goalies

610x.jpg

Three years ago the guy started 2 games, recorded a shutout in one of them and is now the goalie for a team in the Canadian college system. What happened?

PvO6ZWJ.png

My favourite Flame growing up.

brathwaite.jpg

FREDDY!

Brathwaite! :censored: yes. I know he was a fan favorite during his AHL days in Manitoba and in Chicago, and then he got offered some crazy Russian oligarch money in the KHL. Good on him.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

muzzatti.jpg

Jason Muzzatti. /thread

I'll raise you a little Jim Carey. Out of the NHL 73 games after winning the Vezina.

carey.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Since the random goalie tangent amuses me:

maracle.jpg

NORM!

And let's not forget the man every Leafs fan loves to hate:

Roman Cechmanek

year13week03.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Some of the twitter using CCSLCers and I tried (unsuccessfully) to get this guy trending last year during the playoffs

tabaracci.jpg

Rick Tabaracci

little known fact about Rick Tabaracci: he was taken by the Blue Jackets in the expansion draft.

Also, I recently took the Thrashers to the Cup on NHL Hitz 2002 using this guy

sportsthrasherstruggle_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Damian Rhodes

PvO6ZWJ.png

A few from the extensive list that is the revolving door of canucks goalies

withmore.jpg

Kay Whitmore

fountain.jpg

Mike Fountain

If i recall had a shut out in his debut for the canucks?

hirsch.jpg

Corey Hirsch

michaud.jpg

Alfie Michaud

a personal favorite from my FHLsim/EHM sim leagues. In a FHLsim league i was in, i traded him, matt cooke and a mid round pick to get Nikolai Khabibulin. the gm i was trading with was dead set on getting alfie michaud because he thought he was going to be the goaltender for his franchises future.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sebastian Centomo

centomo.jpg

and Corey Schwab

schwab.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived