2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

It sucks that Bertuzzi is actually a decent hockey player, but that was a hell of a game. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing.

I feel like going down to Nationwide Arena, in the vein of the "Factory of Sadness" video, and shouting "Happen to catch that Blackhawks-Red Wings game today? It's like they're playing a different sport than you are!"

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would've been cool if the Hawks played in overtime and didn't just stand around like a bunch of goddamn bums. Game was over at 2 pm Central; Patrick Kane probably doesn't even wake up till 1 most days. And that four-minute power play was a laugher. Relative to the talent on the team, the Hawks have to have the worst power play in the league. I don't understand how they can have the weapons they have and still be this inept. Detroit and Vancouver have virtually automatic power plays; Hawks just dick around at the blue line for two minutes and give up a breakaway somewhere in there. Frustrating as hell.

Two wins out of seven has to make them one of the worst teams in the league this month. Go trade for someone who doesn't suck.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Would've been cool if the Hawks played in overtime and didn't just stand around like a bunch of goddamn bums. Game was over at 2 pm Central; Patrick Kane probably doesn't even wake up till 1 most days. And that four-minute power play was a laugher. Relative to the talent on the team, the Hawks have to have the worst power play in the league. I don't understand how they can have the weapons they have and still be this inept. Detroit and Vancouver have virtually automatic power plays; Hawks just dick around at the blue line for two minutes and give up a breakaway somewhere in there. Frustrating as hell.

Two wins out of seven has to make them one of the worst teams in the league this month. Go trade for someone who doesn't suck.

Agreed on all counts. The hawks early 3rd period was the best I've ever seen them play this season, then when the double minor comes in you'd think that it's all hawks - wrong, wrong, wrong. It murdered all momentum and it took a lucky bounce at the end of regulation to steal a point.

For all the demands of making a trade or firing coaches, I don't think there's anything that can save this season from being another ho-hum season where they barely sneak in the playoffs and get snookered by a team that knows how to play special teams.

At the least Crawford played a good game sans Bertuzzi rebound (ugh). Shaw/Hayes are fun to watch. Otherwise the middle of this roster sucks balls.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For all the demands of making a trade or firing coaches, I don't think there's anything that can save this season from being another ho-hum season where they barely sneak in the playoffs and get snookered by a team that knows how to play special teams.

The Hawks have millions upon millions in cap space to improve the top six. There's no excuse for a team that "just sneaks in" this year. If they continue the way they're playing now, yeah, 8th place again if they're lucky, but I don't think this team will go forth as presently constituted, and so their play will improve (at least at even strength; they'll now and forever suck dick on special teams).

Why haven't the Blue Jackets just started selling people left and right. This is getting embarrassing.

Why haven't the Blue Jackets just started selling people left and right. This is getting embarrassing.

Give how they handled Arniel, expect that around April.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Which is why Scott Howson's gotta go and Craig Patrick, who is currently working as the "VP of Hockey Operations" or something like that, needs to take over as GM.

I always give the people who run and/or coach my teams the benefit of the doubt, and I'm never the "fire the coach/GM" guy, but Scott Howson, like Scott Arniel, doesn't know what he's doing.

*remember this post in a few years in case by some miracle Howson turns the ship around so you can make me look "Oddballian".

edit: BTW, the Blue Jackets are playing home games on back-to-back nights. I can't remember the last time that happened.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Hawks have millions upon millions in cap space to improve the top six. There's no excuse for a team that "just sneaks in" this year. If they continue the way they're playing now, yeah, 8th place again if they're lucky, but I don't think this team will go forth as presently constituted, and so their play will improve (at least at even strength; they'll now and forever suck dick on special teams).

I agree that it's inexcusable, but how much of the farm can you afford to mortage on a rental that may or may not pay off with how their special teams are coached? I certainly don't want the blackhawks to get mired in mediocrity, but if it took selling guys like Hayes and Shaw away to bring in an Iginla, etc for a run, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with it. I'm trying to see the forest through the trees with the vast depth and potential that's lining the team, but the time window of their development is really what team management needs to evaluate before dispatching guys for a veteran rental.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, I wouldn't be making any big-time deadline trades with this group, because that'll probably end up like the White Sox signing Ken Griffey Jr. I went into this season with the expectation that it was built specifically with next season in mind. With all the older vets signed on one-year deals, it seemed like the whole concept behind 2011-12 was to be middling-to-competitive, then have loads of cap room in the offseason. The hot start was a thrilling surprise. This is probably them falling back to earth.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So...

Scheduling loss?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

hah! No, they had a day off and a perfunctory scrimmage with the Minnesota Wild before this. No excuses except that they're not a particularly dominant team.

Eight goals in six games for the Jets. Looks like they're drying up. Kyle Wellwood could be a nice piece for someone who needs to rent a bottom-six center.

So...

Scheduling loss?

At least when the Wings or other Detroit teams lose, we just blame the refs or scheduler or some conspiracy against us (you know, sensible things) instead of the constant "Woe is me..." pinings of Chicago fans. I've given up trying to talk those fanatics off the ledge for a while...

You think the fans of an organization run by the Bowman family would have a little faith that they know what they're doing?

[/Chicago Baiting]]

Also, someone mentioned that it sucks that Bertuzzi is a good player? That one took me a little while recover from... Yeah, he had one nice game today, but I don't see the appeal of having a 6'4" player who plays like he's 5'8" and eats up top line ice time? Most Detroit fans can't wait until the Wings dump him next year.

I said it sucks that Bertuzzi is a DECENT player. Meaning it sucks that that piece of :censored: has the ability that's allowed him to stay in the league after assaulting a guy. If Jody Shelley had done that he'd be gone ASAP.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pavel Datsyuk is the only player in this league I would trade Alex Ovechkin for. That pass he made to Bertuzzi was absolutely ridiculous.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

carons.jpg

Sabastien Caron

Excuse me, but that's "Stanley Cup Champion*" Sebastien Caron :P

74447598.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0CC3B15DF99296DA74FF7EA18F4AB035961E5EF7E8BAFD426

More random Ducks goalies that I or others didn't mention:

Tom Askey

askey.jpg

Steve Shields (Great trade Pierre Gauthier. Teemu Selanne for Steve Shield and Jeff Friesen <_< )

shields.jpg

Gregg Naumenko

naumenko.jpg

Mike Wall

wall.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9043.jpg

Roman Turek. One of the many mistakes made by Craig Button, but I'm sure he would have been a fine Goalie if he had a team around him.

sauve.jpg

Philippe Sauve. Another very french name, yet born in Buffalo.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived