2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why Scott Howson's gotta go and Craig Patrick, who is currently working as the "VP of Hockey Operations" or something like that, needs to take over as GM.

I always give the people who run and/or coach my teams the benefit of the doubt, and I'm never the "fire the coach/GM" guy, but Scott Howson, like Scott Arniel, doesn't know what he's doing.

*remember this post in a few years in case by some miracle Howson turns the ship around so you can make me look "Oddballian".

edit: BTW, the Blue Jackets are playing home games on back-to-back nights. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I know it's the only time this season it's happening. But, agreed. I don't really know where they need to go, though. <_<

6 points up in the Fail for Nail Until the CBJ Lose the Lottery Anyways Sweepstakes!

6fQjS3M.png

And without looking it up or link backtracking, does anyone remember to whom these masks belong to? I don't believe any of these three have been named yet, but I'm not sure.

92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Andy+Moog.jpg
92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Bryan+Hayward.jpg
92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Don+Beaupre.jpg

Top one is Andy Moog.

Oh, and how about Mikael Tellqvist:

mikael-tellqvist-may-finally-get-his-chance-to-shine-in-toronto-with--300x457px.jpg

And every Leafs fans' favourite:

9943702e4bf3bdc896defc5a2ab9.jpeg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

And without looking it up or link backtracking, does anyone remember to whom these masks belong to? I don't believe any of these three have been named yet, but I'm not sure.

92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Andy+Moog.jpg
92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Bryan+Hayward.jpg
92-93+Pinnacle+Masks+Don+Beaupre.jpg

I know the top one is Andy Moog, the middle was Hayward, and I'm not sure about the bottom, but I think it's either Beaupre or Jim Carey.

Ah, it's Beaupre. The names are in the image links :D

Ron Tugnutt makes a splash in any thread.

95-96+Score+Tugnutt.jpg

tugnutt.png

CuJo even got in on the action.

CujoSplash.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's fun to watch the evolution of goalie equipment through these pictures. That's all. Carry on.

Indeed. I didn't realize how much I missed brands like Koho and Heaton until this started up.

At some point in the last 10 to 15 years it's like manufacturers figured out "hey if we don't round off the edges on the pads, the goalies will have slightly more surface area with which to make saves."

PvO6ZWJ.png

reaugh.jpg

guess without right clicking the image.

Darryl Reaugh

And speaking of the Whalers, how about the man with three names! Frank Pietrangelo

Frank20Pietrangelo_3.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's fun to watch the evolution of goalie equipment through these pictures. That's all. Carry on.

Indeed. I didn't realize how much I missed brands like Koho and Heaton until this started up.

At some point in the last 10 to 15 years it's like manufacturers figured out "hey if we don't round off the edges on the pads, the goalies will have slightly more surface area with which to make saves."

Ah, the ongoing struggle between goalie equipment manufacturers and the NHL over how much surface area pads can have. It also has to do with the popularization of the butterfly style of goal-tending. When that started to catch on goalies started looking for pads that flared out when they went down into the butterfly position.

Archived