2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Eight goals in six games for the Jets. Looks like they're drying up. Kyle Wellwood could be a nice piece for someone who needs to rent a bottom-six center.

They changed their name and address, but they're still the Thrashers. They'll play well until January rolls around, then they'll drop in the standings like a rock.

All that's missing is an 8-game (or more) losing streak in the second half of the season....

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thread about 90's goalies is complete without Trevor Kidd's hair.

kiddly3.jpg

8456830.jpgkidd.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Anyone for another mask trivia question?

3105448133_55c683c2ef.jpg

Hint: New Jersey Devils

The mask doesn't belong to this guy, but I present to you Ari Ahonen

ahonen.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Fun With Goalies should be spun off into its own thread, probably. Not that it's not fun! It just deserves a discussion unto itself.

Seconded, without malice. Awesome discussion deserves it's own hub.

Blackhawks looked great tonight. Shaw is Burish/Marchand reborn.

edit: also it appears Stalberg has finally flipped the switch to "on."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Adam Burish is a chirping greasy slob. Don't compare him to Brad Marchand.

I'm trying to slow my roll on Andrew Shaw, because a lot of his scoring has been of the right place/right time variety (I don't think he has any assists yet), but it sure is nice to have a guy come out of nowhere and start contributing like this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

carons.jpg

Sabastien Caron

Excuse me, but that's "Stanley Cup Champion*" Sebastien Caron :P

Oh, speaking of...

"Stanley Cup Champion" Mathieu Garon, who the pens just defeated today.

220px-Mathieu_Garon_Penguins.jpg

He might not be that obscure, but he is obscure to pens fans being that he was the backup for only half of the 08-09 season, played four games, and only has his name on the Stanley Cup for the third period he played in the rather forgettable game five of the finals.

oBIgzrL.png

I'm trying to slow my roll on Andrew Shaw, because a lot of his scoring has been of the right place/right time variety (I don't think he has any assists yet), but it sure is nice to have a guy come out of nowhere and start contributing like this.

Burish and Marchand are just newer versions of Sean Avery who is just a newer version of the prior NHL punk. They all wish they could be as talented and as effective as Esa Tikkanen!

Burish and Marchand are just newer versions of Sean Avery who is just a newer version of the prior NHL punk. They all wish they could be as talented and as effective as Esa Tikkanen!

I meant that he's shaping up to be some sort of hybrid of their styles. Physical, antagonistic playmaker who can get in the heads of the opposition and still create opportunities. Hopefully he keeps this up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived