New Mexicos alternate uniforms

bucknut40

I feel the same way the players do, judging by the looks on their faces. I think it is neat to do throwbacks every once in awhile, but this one looks too odd on a modern Nike template.

First off I hope your ok with me re-posting this but I thought it deserved its own thread cus It is definantly something different....and yeah I feel if they went to an older nike template it wouldn't look so weird, but being on a hyperelite template it makes it kinda weird

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I typically love New Mexico uni's with turquoise accents.

Turquoise? :blink:

Uniforms look sweet. Quite possibly a new trend in throwback-looking-uniforms is on it's way.

What? Not a fan? Turquoise is such a New Mexico/Southwest thing...

Here's a laugh for everyone on the subject of turquoise.

Utah vs New Mexico 1978 video

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Better view of uniform from UNM's website:

14569.jpg

The vintage logo really clashes with that modern template. It's like oil and water. Put in on a more traditional template and it could have been a winner. (**) (**) (*.5)(*) (*)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14569.jpg

Using Arial really emphasizes the "retro" aspect they're going for. Lazy, ugly, and downright silly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like it. Unique and with an old school flavor. I never knew UNM used that particular Lobo logo.

"While this uniform is not an exact replica, it will honor the proud tradition and history of Lobo basketball over three decades of excellence."

"The "Old School Saturday" uniforms will be utilizing an old-school logo (think Bob King). This logo is part of UNM's vintage line that was used by the Lobos' in the 1960s. This logo and the evolution of the Lobo logo can be seen in a display located on the East side of University Arena."

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020612aab.html

14569.jpg

That is a replica available for sale.

http://loboden.unm.edu/p-14569-white-vintage-jersey.aspx

Archived