Best/Favorite Sports Network

Chawls

CSN New England

Completely agree. Quick Slants and Patriots Football Weekly are great Pats-oriented shows to watch during football season IMO.

Otherwise, NFL Network is okay (mostly just watch the combine on that network, but the Top 10 shows aren't bad either), and I can honestly say that some shows on ESPN are good (Around the Horn, PTI, Mike and Mike, SportsCenter). I do watch the NFL/NBA drafts and college football there too.

There was nothing quite like NBA TV during the lockout. All classic games with a news show twice a week that said nothing new.

Yeah I was loving that as well. They were mixing up the games as well which I liked alot, not just showing Magic vs Bird 50 times over.

The roundtable discussions they do are fun. That's probably my favorite thing the NBA Network does in addition to the hardwood classics.

I cannot say who is best, but I watch NFLN and NBATV more than NHLN and MLBTV.

While it has yet to be mentioned, The Golf Channel is d@mn good and in terms of sports, they have the biggest, most successful names throughout the generations (analysts and writers). They got better by covering first and second rounds of most events.

FUEL TV is getting better fast, as it now shows more MMA and rivals SPEED for motorcycle coverage. SPEED was down for about six years as it was forcing NASCAR-based programming to excess with that initial FOX/NBC contract, but in the last two years, they have gotten better with DTM, Grand-Am, British Touring Car and V8 supercars. They just need to get rid of Monster Jam. From the Kentucky Derby-Breeders Cup, TVG ain't bad and you can learn a lot without betting. They need to produce more shows outside of trainer/jockey profiles.

BTN has got it right, so I am interested in what the Pac-12 does with their programming and presentation.

Comcast Sports Network New England.

MLB Network, too. I wish I had NHL Network.

I also like NHL Overtime on NBC Sports Network.

I keep ESPN on when I'm on the computer not paying attention to the TV just to see if I catch any breaking news.

spacer.png

MLB Network is pretty damn good. I have no use for FS West/Prime Ticket other than watching the games, their other programming is horse racing during the day stuff like USC/UCLA update when games aren't on at night. ESPayNo attention to anything but football/basketball is horrible.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I love reading Sports Illustrated so I always thought that if Sports Illustrated had a network it be pretty good in my weird opinion for some reason lol.

They did. It was a joint network with CNN

CNNSI

Wow....I don't know how I never even heard of that.

I also agree that the league specific networks highlights are better than ESPN's. I am also interested in rugby after watching it for the first time in my 24 years on earth that is on NBC Sports used to be Versus.

Add another vote for MLB Network. It is easily the best overall. I watch it all the time. It's my "background channel." I used to really like NFL Network but I feel the quality has really dropped off with them. I'm just starting to get into NBA TV. I like how many games they televise.

With regard to ESPN, College Gameday is great during football season and NASCAR Now is pretty good. But other than those two, my ESPN viewing is limited to the live games. I know how much we like to bash ESPN, but when it comes to live sports, I think they're easily the best. No one does college football better than ESPN. With the advent of league specific networks, there really is no need to watch ESPN for anything other than live games and the occasional documentary.

I was all fired up about Versus re-branding as NBC Sports Network. As of today, I don't think I've watched five minutes of it. I just never remember that it's there. B)

BB52Big.jpg

As for the NY Metro Area, has to be MSG, hands down. If only they had baseball still...

Respectfully disagree. SNY is the only NY regional sports net that actually covers every team, not just the ones that they have the rights to. Therefore I give the edge to SNY.

Yeah, CSN New England beats the :censored: out of NESN. They actually cover the teams whose games they don't show. They have SPortsnet Central AND SPorts Tonight (giving you straightforward highlights etc and talk). PLus a plethora of Celts and Pats shows...even Bruins shows. They outdid the actual NESN pre and post game shows during the playoffs. It's the best network hands down and I can get by without watching ESPN with it.

Yeah, CSN New England beats the :censored: out of NESN. They actually cover the teams whose games they don't show. They have SPortsnet Central AND SPorts Tonight (giving you straightforward highlights etc and talk). PLus a plethora of Celts and Pats shows...even Bruins shows. They outdid the actual NESN pre and post game shows during the playoffs. It's the best network hands down and I can get by without watching ESPN with it.

The only reason to watch NESN now is for games.

I mean, NESN doesn't even show their highlights shows in the morning anymore! It's just a simulcast of the two most hated men in Boston, Dennis & Callahan.

spacer.png

NBCSN is pretty good, I like their new NHL highlight show. NHL network is okay, but it can get really stale, and they really don't have much to offer other than NHL on the Fly. I'm getting really sick of Oil Change, I freakin' hate it. MLB network is good, but I don't watch it that much because I'm not the biggest baseball fan anymore. I don't have the NFL network, and the NBA today is garbage (not the channel, the whole sport).

All I ever watch on ESPN are the live games, and sometimes PTI or Around the Horn. I may watch LebronCenter once in a while, but usually only because nothing else is on.

The morning SportsCenters are always a staple when traveling. Never watch the morning SportsCenter when I'm home though...rarely watch the night versions. I'll watch PTI and ESPNews at the gym. But other than live games, I don't watch much fluff programming. ESPN does have nest college football productions, and TNT has best NBA production.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived