ESPN's Top 10 worst sports uniforms/jerseys of all time

Buffalo

Photos are great, but video is so much better, especially for rare images of colorful (or ugly) jerseys we fanatics are obsessed with.

Check it out on youtube: http://youtu.be/mL_RzOexORw

10) Buccaneers creamsicles

9) Canucks flying V

8) Eagles yellow/baby blue throwbacks

7) Raptors pinstripes

6) Padres + Broncos mustard + brown

5) Orioles orange head to toe

4) Nuggets rainbow skyline

3) White Sox shorts + collars 70s abominations

2) Islanders Gorton fisherman

1) Seahawks neon lime

Photos are great, but video is so much better, especially for rare images of colorful (or ugly) jerseys we fanatics are obsessed with.

10) Buccaneers creamsicles

9) Canucks flying V

8) Eagles yellow/baby blue throwbacks

7) Raptors pinstripes

6) Padres + Broncos mustard + brown

5) Orioles orange head to toe

4) Nuggets rainbow skyline

3) White Sox shorts + collars 70s abominations

2) Islanders Gorton fisherman

1) Seahawks neon lime

They managed to miss off the Astros' rainbow jersey!! About the first time this kind of list has overlooked that one!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

These are just fun and there is no reason for anyone to get upset (and most "regular" fans don't)

Most belong on the list. But creamsicle Bucs is in my all time top 5.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Canucks V I think should be number one. No idea what the thought process was behind it and even less sure about why it lasted as long as it did. The fact that they wore them for as long as they did for me puts them at number one.

The Eagles throwbacks I think should be way higher as well. Some uniforms are throwbacks for a reason and I think those are a great example of why.

And I do agree that the Raptors pinstripes don't belong on the list nor do I think the Nuggets jerseys should either. They were both way over the top and I would cringe if a team like the Bulls or Celtics wore something like that, but new franchises I think should be allowed to go over the top and as corny as those jerseys were they did have a certain charm to them. So no I can't call them bad.

Bucs jerseys I thought were nice to but the Bucs were so bad when they wore them it was hard to take them seriously. Had they been better I think it would have gotten more acceptance. May not even be a bad idea to ditch the pewter and get a more modernized version of those uniforms back.

The Canucks V I think should be number one. No idea what the thought process was behind it and even less sure about why it lasted as long as it did. The fact that they wore them for as long as they did for me puts them at number one.

If I remember correctly the V didn't stand for Vancouver, but "victory." Apparently this was at the suggestion of branding consultant Bill Boyd who believed that the players would be motivated to win at a subconscious level by seeing V's for victory everywhere. He also thought blue and green were to passive and that by changing the colours to the more passionate and aggressive combo of red/orange, gold, and black the team would become more competitive.

Number 6 was spot on. I'm not a fan of the brown and gold Padres uniforms in general, but some of them were at least tolerable (1969). The almost all yellow (gold) ones however were an abortion of epic proportions that never should have seen the light of day.

If I remember correctly the V didn't stand for Vancouver, but "victory." Apparently this was at the suggestion of branding consultant Bill Boyd who believed that the players would be motivated to win at a subconscious level by seeing V's for victory everywhere. He also thought blue and green were to passive and that by changing the colours to the more passionate and aggressive combo of red/orange, gold, and black the team would become more competitive.

I've heard that before and I get it was a psychiological thing but you better go 80-0 if you want to wear those things.

And the V did stand for victory. It was just a terrible idea. I'm just surprised somebody actually had the guts to put their name to it.

I've heard that before and I get it was a psychiological thing but you better go 80-0 if you want to wear those things.

And the V did stand for victory. It was just a terrible idea. I'm just surprised somebody actually had the guts to put their name to it.

i like the colors, for some reason everyone hates on them. i think red orange gold and black was AWESOME

10) Buccaneers creamsicles - Disagree

9) Canucks flying V - Agree

8) Eagles yellow/baby blue throwbacks - Agree

7) Raptors pinstripes - Agree

6) Padres + Broncos mustard + brown - Agree

5) Orioles orange head to toe - Agree

4) Nuggets rainbow skyline - Disagree

3) White Sox shorts + collars 70s abominations - Agree

2) Islanders Gorton fisherman - Disagree

1) Seahawks neon lime - Disagree

Based on this list there are four that I disagree with, however, they are spot on with the other six. My worst all-time uniform has to go to the current Cowboys set because there are too many shades of blue in one uniform. My second worst has to go to my favorite team and the denim shorts at UK.

spacer.png

i like the colors, for some reason everyone hates on them. i think red orange gold and black was AWESOME

It's a good colour scheme, but it just seems out of place for a team in the Pacific northwest when compared to blue and green.

The colors were fine. They used the same scheme for roughly a decade afterwards.

The jerseys they wore when they went to the Finals in '94 I thought were fine. But that victory V was just too much.

This list is terrible.

For starters how can you compare the supposed ugliness of uniforms from multiple sports in the same list? Apples and Oranges.

According to them, the Islanders Fisherman is the ugliest hockey uniform of all time. Yet the hate directed towards that look was little to do with the design and more to do with the history of the team. They won four Stanley Cups in the bland "Classic look" and the idea of changing it would be immediately rejected no matter what the new identity looked like. From a design standpoint, it's a great looking jersey and if they'd used it as a third, it would have stuck around as long as the Rangers "Liberty" design.

I suspect the V stood for Victory just as much as the G on the Packers' helmets stands for Greatness.

From a design standpoint, it's a great looking jersey

c6s8kazwo0xc0ju4ik8soi4gh.gif

Were you born without eyes or just without a sense of style? :P

I fail to see anything wrong with it. I own the Authentic version and I love it. The logos are nicely rendered, the watery striping is creative and the colours look good together... unlike a lot of schemes using teal from that era (Diamonbacks and Grizzlys come to mind)

Archived