The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Finally Shanahan has done something right this post-season. I'd rather he be inconsistent with the suspensions than continue slapping players on the wrist (or not at all). In a perfect world Weber would have gotten a significant suspension and no one would be complaining about inconsistency. I think the biggest reason the Torres suspension is so big is the repeat offender factor, which I completely agree with. Repeat offenders clearly don't get the point and I have no sympathy for them. If Torres has another incident like this when he gets back I hope they suspend him for an entire season or more. The league needs to make sure the players respect the rules and the other players. If they don't then there is no place for them in the game.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, it's just hard to thump my chest and proclaim that Justice Has Been Served when our best player is out indefinitely, the team is no less on the verge of the most humiliating elimination of the entire postseason, and it's painfully evident from the montage of headshots that the guy will keep on doing it anyway. Better yet, the suspension news seems to have drawn out the legions of retards proclaiming that, yes, in spite of the video showing him knocking guys out again and again and again, AW MAN THAT WAS JUST A HARD HOCKEY PLAY HERP DERP THEY NEVER WENT THIS HARD ON NOTED GOONS MARTY MCSORLEY AND DUNCAN KEITH.

I'll be happy when the Nordiques buy out the last year of his contract and he can't find work anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Chara was slow getting up after some battling with Chimera at the end of the first. Please don't be hurt, Z!

Yeah I saw that, it's rare that you see Chara slow to get up. Hopefully he's alright.

Also, you gotta think Boston's going to score here soon. They've been getting awfully close (TWO crossbar shots!), and Holtby's taken alot of shots. I expect something's eventually going to get though. As a side note, this game is pretty physical on both sides and Timmy is being Timmy. Fun hockey to watch.

EDIT: Nope, Holtby continues to hold the fort and it's the Caps who strike first.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't think it would surprise anyone to see Nashville win the west. They're a very good team.

...and most importantly, a very good goaltender.

Absolutely, agreed on both counts. I was a little hesitant to pick them before the playoffs, but at this point now I think they have a VERY good shot to win the West, dare I say could even be the favorite to. I'll tell you what, I'd love to see the goalie showdown that a Preds-Rangers cup final would offer.

I think that if I had to jump on any bandwagon right now, it'd be Nashville. I love to see previously irrelevant teams* become relevant--that's how you properly run a team. The Predators have been one of the good stories of the last couple of years--they once were all but headed to Hamilton in 2009-2010 (if memory serves me right), and then they turned a corner on and off the ice, getting new, local ownership and even outdrawing the Titans in attendance last year.

The Preds also get bonus points for eliminating Detroit and getting some pretty good uniforms out of it, too. :P

*Example: Texas Rangers

Finally Shanahan has done something right this post-season. I'd rather he be inconsistent with the suspensions than continue slapping players on the wrist (or not at all). In a perfect world Weber would have gotten a significant suspension and no one would be complaining about inconsistency. I think the biggest reason the Torres suspension is so big is the repeat offender factor, which I completely agree with. Repeat offenders clearly don't get the point and I have no sympathy for them. If Torres has another incident like this when he gets back I hope they suspend him for an entire season or more. The league needs to make sure the players respect the rules and the other players. If they don't then there is no place for them in the game.

I'm 100% shocked that Torres didn't receive a 5 game suspension or a bonus from Shannahan. Shannahan has done nothing to curtail the dangerous headshots in the game and just looks the other way with his wimpy suspensions. 25 game should be what a first time offender gets and a second offender should get a season and any offenses after that should be banishment from the league. I firmly believe that the only reason Shannahan got balls and suspended Torres for more than 5 games was how much he's been ripped in the media over the past week or so. The interesting thing is that while Shannahan comes down hard on Torres, no one has been talking about the cheap headshot that Sammi Pahlson threw on one of the Kings I think it was in game 3. Shannahan needs to be fired, because he has no clue.

Spectacular pad save by Holtby. Holy crap.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived