The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

25 GAMES!!!!

OITGDNHL. Shanahan is so bloody inconsistent.

Broke three rules.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=173753

I like it! Lets see some more of this Brendan.

25 games for hitting and 0 for forcing someones head into the glass.... I agree with the suspension but dear god this man is off his rocker.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third time alone this season he's been suspended.

Which is why this particular suspension actually makes sense. Hopefully this helps to stop the rampant cheapshotting that's tainted this 1st round.

25 games for hitting and 0 for forcing someones head into the glass.... I agree with the suspension but dear god this man is off his rocker.

Bald-faced overcompensation. Lapsing on the Weber hit set the tone for this whole embarrassing crap parade of a postseason. Now that the mainstream is asking what the hell is going on with this terrible bloodsport for white people (the NFL's terrible bloodsport for black people gets more slack), they didn't have a choice in dropping the hammer, on top of the no puck/headshot/jump triumvirate.

Starting next year, there need to be independent arbitrators involved in the process, along with increased involvement on the part of the union. If there's a guy who is repeatedly going above and beyond in endangering the health of fellow union members, they should stand up to that person. Unfortunately, it seems like every poll of the union shows that they're all okay with dirty hits. Maybe they're batty already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with the suspension for Torres, but you gotta look at the rest in these playoffs. Neal, Malkin, Burns, Hagelin. Those are the only ones I can remember right now.

They all get a combined 3 Games. Malkin pretty much ended Nik Grossman's playoffs. He's a star isn't a good enough excuse, either is no penalty. Torres didn't get a penalty.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Third time alone this season he's been suspended.

Which is why this particular suspension actually makes sense. Hopefully this helps to stop the rampant cheapshotting that's tainted this 1st round.

The 6th time in his career he's been suspended for a headshot if I counted right.

There was no excuse for there not being a penalty: an official watched the play in front of him and physically recoiled at it. The whole league is so clownshoes right now. That the teams getting the worst of this Stanley Cup are the ones carrying the water for this garage league bodes well for things getting worked out in our favor.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Laughed out loud at the Wings' golfball picture.

My god.

Prediction time: If the Flyers don't close out this series in Philly, the Pens will win the series in seven.

Agreed. There seems to be no fight left in Philly. No ability to sustain pressure in the offensive zone, and a paltry defensive effort. If they didn't have so many injured defensemen (Pronger et al), the series would have ended in Game 4. Now it looks like it will end Tuesday night in Pitt. Also, they need to let the other team score first - it seems like the only way they can win is to battle back from a deficit.

Maybe ole Peter L should have not pulled out the get back to playing hockey line. The Flyers need to get rough, piss those Penguins off.

They're not the same team when being pushed around, the Pens that is.

I agree with the suspension for Torres, but you gotta look at the rest in these playoffs. Neal, Malkin, Burns, Hagelin. Those are the only ones I can remember right now.

They all get a combined 3 Games. Malkin pretty much ended Nik Grossman's playoffs. He's a star isn't a good enough excuse, either is no penalty. Torres didn't get a penalty.

Hagelin got 3 by himself.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Sweet, suspending him means our best player isn't injured anymore! Oh wait, our best player isn't Mike Smith!

Wow, you're never happy. Did you want him decapitated?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hagelin got 3 by himself.

Thought he got two. My bad so four combined, with Neal's one.

Also another one I forgot which isn't your ''typical'' headshot, but Aaron Asham gets 5 games for cross checking to the head, granted Schenn doesn't get hurt but still. Asham used his stick like a weapon.

It's sad when we have to look at the result of the play, and as much as the NHL doesn't want to admit it, protecting their star investments is key. Probably why Malkin didn't get a second look.

The Detroit Red Wings are the first team sent golfing.

Last time they lost in the first round was 2006 to the Oilers in 6 games, but the last time the Red Wings were the very first team eliminated was in 2003 when the reigning Stanley Cup Champs were swept by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

LATER DETROIT!

And interestingly, both Anaheim and Edmonton ended up winning the West those years...

I don't think it would surprise anyone to see Nashville win the west. They're a very good team.

spacer.png

Starting next year, there need to be independent arbitrators involved in the process, along with increased involvement on the part of the union. If there's a guy who is repeatedly going above and beyond in endangering the health of fellow union members, they should stand up to that person. Unfortunately, it seems like every poll of the union shows that they're all okay with dirty hits. Maybe they're batty already.

Let's ask ourselves who was the architect on that $2500 cap on fines per offense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's ask ourselves who was the architect on that $2500 cap on fines per offense.

It was $1000, prior to the current CBA.

I don't think it would surprise anyone to see Nashville win the west. They're a very good team.

...and most importantly, a very good goaltender.

Absolutely, agreed on both counts. I was a little hesitant to pick them before the playoffs, but at this point now I think they have a VERY good shot to win the West, dare I say could even be the favorite to. I'll tell you what, I'd love to see the goalie showdown that a Preds-Rangers cup final would offer.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived