The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

My "sun setting" was more about this era of the wings coming to a close. The old guard.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But anti-Chicago sentiment of every variety permeates the greater fandom, and it still boggles my mind.

Fair enough but the overwhelming anti Canucks sentiment boggles my mind too. They've endured 41 years of heartbreak and they didn't win last year undeserving or not so what's everyones problem with them? They lost, its okay people... I can see hating on a team like Detroit that wins all the time.

I'm all for rooting ageist the 'Hawks when they're playing a Canadian team, but they're playing the fricken Coyotes. A team whose existence is at the heart of of the NHL's "let's ignore Canada so we can try to make hockey work where it's not going to" strategy.

I don't see the problem with pulling the 'Hawks here.

I'll give you that, I can cheer for Yotes against a team I don't like because I know there is no chance they will actually go all the way. Plus I feel for Shane Doan.

Problem: Vancouver isn't part of Canada.

Vancouver is a part of Canada

Vancouver is a part of Canada

Joke

Head

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who wouldve ever thought that Nashville would ever take out Detroit in 5? Mad props go to the Preds. This is a huge victory for them; one that could send them on a deep run.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Honkeytonk has taken down Hockeytown!!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. The Wings stumbled into the playoffs so I didn't have a whole lot of hope this year.

Congratulations, -Dan. Your team still sucks.

Gotta love the "you suck" during the post-game festivities.

Because chanting it after goals isn't dumb enough.

They're having fun. Yeah, it probably lacks class, but it's all in good fun.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Congratulations, -Dan.

How weird is it that I get "congratulatory" texts from ex-girlfriends when the Wings get KOed? What are you congratulating me for I didn't do it?

Actually, I still get a text from a girl I broke up with in 2000 that I haven't seen since 2005 that has been married for 2 yrs lol.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Congrats Preds. Hard to beat a team with a great goalie and never makes mistakes. Wings played well and probably outplayed the Preds in three of the games, but when they made mistakes the Preds capitalized. They're going to be a tough out if they continue to play that way.

Don't think the Wings are done though. They had around 10M in empty cap space this year. They'll have a ton of cap space and will add one or two real big pieces next year (depending on if Nick comes back) while losing some older legs (Holmstrom, Stuart, Cleary, maybe Hudler). There definitely should be some shakeups for next season.

Congrats Preds. Hard to beat a team with a great goalie and never makes mistakes. Wings played well and probably outplayed the Preds in three of the games, but when they made mistakes the Preds capitalized. They're going to be a tough out if they continue to play that way.

Don't think the Wings are done though. They had around 10M in empty cap space this year. They'll have a ton of cap space and will add one or two real big pieces next year (depending on if Nick comes back) while losing some older legs (Holmstrom, Stuart, Cleary, maybe Hudler). There definitely should be some shakeups for next season.

As long as the UFA class of 2012 has confidence in Babcock and wants to go to Detroit the Wings are in a very interesting position this summer and for the 2013 playoffs.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The Detroit Red Wings are the first team sent golfing.

Last time they lost in the first round was 2006 to the Oilers in 6 games, but the last time the Red Wings were the very first team eliminated was in 2003 when the reigning Stanley Cup Champs were swept by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

LATER DETROIT!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived