The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these series leads hold out, we'll be seeing #2 St. Louis vs. #8 Los Angeles and #3 Phoenix vs. #4 Nashville in the Western Conference Semifinals.

I bet NBC would just love to see those two matchups. (/sarcasm)

Look at my sig. They'd love that too. :D

If these series leads hold out, we'll be seeing #2 St. Louis vs. #8 Los Angeles and #3 Phoenix vs. #4 Nashville in the Western Conference Semifinals.

I think NBC would be just fine with LA/STL. Both teams have been around long enough and are in large markets (espeically with LA. The bandwagon holds strong in Los Angeles, as any LA bandwagon does). Phoenix/Nashville though... That might be rough.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If these series leads hold out, we'll be seeing #2 St. Louis vs. #8 Los Angeles and #3 Phoenix vs. #4 Nashville in the Western Conference Semifinals. All four teams have never won a Stanley Cup!

Meanwhile in the East, it is possible that three of the four series winners are teams that have never won a Cup (Ottawa, Washington, and Florida).

Crazy, this season is starting to remind me of 2003. The year of the upset.

Pretty chilling that Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose, and Chicago are all probably getting bounced in the first round. Don't employ skill players anymore. It gets you nowhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You've gotta love Bret Hedican standing on his little box in the San Jose tunnel on these CSN broadcasts.

----

And speaking of former player analysts. Tyson Nash gives us this gem on twitter: "U can here a mouse fart in the Madhouse on Madison."

Thank you for that Tyson...

If these series leads hold out, we'll be seeing #2 St. Louis vs. #8 Los Angeles and #3 Phoenix vs. #4 Nashville in the Western Conference Semifinals. All four teams have never won a Stanley Cup!

Personally, I hope these happen for that very reason. I love the possibility of a first-time champ, in any sport.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Caps take 2-1 lead on a rocket wrist-shot from Semin on a questionable power-play. Crap.

Both powerplays for the Capitals have been absolute crap calls by the officials? Hooking, really? On Boychuk's, Brouwer still maintained possession of the puck after the very brief stick tap and there is no way a stick can go flying from Laich's hands the way Bergeron hit it. But hey, I guess when your ownership publicly complains about how the referees are favoring the Bruins (even though there's absolutely zero evidence of that) you tend to get your way....

This officiating has been terrible in this series. The most blatant was the non-call on the high sticking of Chara in Game 3 and then another one that should have given the Caps a power-play tonight. The Bruins also got kicked out of an enormous amount of face-offs. And way too many ticky-tack penalties have been called.

Felger & Mazz said it best this afternoon, the Caps have been quietly complaining behind the scenes about the calls so we should expect the Bruins to be policed a bit tighter tonight.

As for getting thrown out of the face-offs, the Caps have been baiting the Bruins in the circle all series. They take the bait and get thrown out. Play your game, don't worry about how the other guy is lined up, shut up and don't retaliate. You can see it getting on their nerves every time.

tin-foil-hat_thumb.jpg

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Personally, I hope these happen for that very reason. I love the possibility of a first-time champ, in any sport.

Heck there's only one true CONFERENCE title in there (LA in 1993). When the Blues went to their 3 Cup Finals, they were the practical default winners of the West DIVISION in their first three seasons. Interesting possibilities for sure.

Meanwhile in the East, it is possible that three of the four series winners are teams that have never won a Cup (Ottawa, Washington, and Florida).

Crazy, this season is starting to remind me of 2003. The year of the upset.

Reminds me a little of '03 too, but hopefully this season doesn't end like '03. I'd love for a year of the upset to actually end with...you know...an upset. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pretty chilling that Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose, and Chicago are all probably getting bounced in the first round. Don't employ skill players anymore. It gets you nowhere.

You forgot Pittsburgh.

Losing to a team with Giroux, Briere, and one of the greatest hockey players of all time. Not quite the same.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think NBC would be just fine with LA/STL. Both teams have been around long enough and are in large markets (espeically with LA. The bandwagon holds strong in Los Angeles, as any LA bandwagon does). Phoenix/Nashville though... That might be rough.

10s of people would watch that series. Dick Ebersol would eat a gun on camera.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You forgot Pittsburgh.

Losing to a team with Giroux, Briere, and one of the greatest hockey players of all time. Not quite the same.

And to be fair, Vancouver is losing because their power play is ass and Quick was all-world in the first three games. And as much as I hate the Kings, they do have skill/talent in Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown.

I didn't know Crombeen even dressed for the Blues anymore after Federal League Payne got fired.

Yeah seriously guys like him and Scott Nichol are kicking our butts this series.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived