The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

This is easily one of the biggest embarrassments in the history of the organization and people should probably be fired for it. Makes me sick, the way this has gone.

Not even a 2 year grace period? Jeez, I can't imagine what you'd sound like if they didn't win in 2010.

I'm not gonna lie; winning in a way makes you hungrier. I'm an SF Giant fan, and last year I was very disappointed not making the playoffs and fielding a downright sad hitting team.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well winning...I wouldn't know what that's like...

(Mets, Jets, Rangers (and I was only 8 and not into hockey when they last won the cup)

But losing to a higher seed in the playoffs is the most embarrassing events in the history of the organization? We get it, Glendale and the Coyotes are a carnival, but come on.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

This is easily one of the biggest embarrassments in the history of the organization and people should probably be fired for it. Makes me sick, the way this has gone.

Not even a 2 year grace period? Jeez, I can't imagine what you'd sound like if they didn't win in 2010.

Well, like I said, wasn't expecting much from them this year, after the way Tallon destroyed the team, but to lose this heartlessly to such mediocrity is extremely disappointing and makes one wonder if the core is good enough ever to win again. All they had to do was at least try, and they didn't even do that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am all for this.

Straight up Hockey chaos. I don't have a horse in the race per se (Preds) but I love the new blood. Also it's been a while since we've seen an all out brawl. I'm getting pretty restless....

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hey, hockey fans, do you love all the stars of the NHL like Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal, Alexander Ovechkin, Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, Erik Karlsson, Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza, Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa, Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Martin Havlat, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Roberto Luongo, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Martin Brodeur? Well, you'll probably see none of them!

Yup. Perhaps some new blood will emerge. That is why the NFL is so successfull. Every year you are talking about someone new.

Like Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Tebus. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Florida vs. Phoenix Stanley Cup Final just to watch NBC and Gary Bettman squirm

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

A select few on this board who sulk and moan about anything south of Cincinnati only want about 16 teams in the league.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Florida vs. Phoenix Stanley Cup Final just to watch NBC and Gary Bettman squirm

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams being successful would be disastrous.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well... I promised a couple of months ago I would deploy this if the Blues finally made it to the second round. Of course since then St. Louis has gone from hovering in the 4-5 seed range out West to likely being the highest point-winner left and therefore a semi-serious championship contender. On the flip side, they're facing the Kings, and the Kings' goalie has not been a brick wall so much as military-grade concrete backed by nickel steel surrounded by barbed wire while the Blues have trouble scoring under normal circumstances. So I might not get another chance. And I did promise to do this. Anyway, here goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc&feature=player_embedded#!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey, hockey fans, do you love all the stars of the NHL like Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal, Alexander Ovechkin, Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, Erik Karlsson, Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza, Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa, Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Martin Havlat, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Roberto Luongo, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Martin Brodeur? Well, you'll probably see none of them!

Yup. Perhaps some new blood will emerge. That is why the NFL is so successfull. Every year you are talking about someone new.

Like Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady. And Tebus. And Peyton Manning. And the Steelers. And the Packers. And Tom Brady.

True but a lot of things come up outside that rotation.

This year: 49ers, Texans, Tebow, Lions all got good press. Drew Brees and the Saints were fresh not that long ago. Tom Brady was unkown when he showed up and made a name for himself in the playoffs. Who knows, maybe Nashville or St Louis will end up being a cup repeater. Some of those names Admiral listed were old hat, anyway.

all the teams who play entertaining, uptempo hockey are getting run out by system teams

Except the PIT/PHI series, where the system for both teams is "keep firing, a**holes!"

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

Nah, not really. I'm not s**tting myself because I know this team won't win. Bandwagon all you want, but that won't make it come true. Simply put, they are not a good team, and I am not the least bit envious or worried that they will do well. People were all over the Lightning last year, and look what happened.

I'd in fact love to see the Predators win the Cup. I have nothing against southern teams (like Ahaheim, them, and Dallas), unless they compromise their city or fool people into thinking they're better than they are, which seems to have happened to quite a few people around here.

But hey, don't let me stop you: you guys can throw playoff parties with Lebda4Norris in his mom's basement until your hearts are content.

The other team I'm pulling for, St. Louis, won. I'm hoping for a final 4 of Nashville, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, and NY/NJ.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So this game isn't tied because the Blackhawks are an utter disgrace, right? That goal doesn't count?

Just setting the table for Crawford to put the puck in his net from center ice via telekinesis; it's the only way he can top his last one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived