The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Vancouver beats LA, Phoenix plays St. Louis. Still possible chief. In the future, please pay attention to the actual tournament Ice Cap!

Beat you to it a page or 2 ago. Read the thread chief!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Back to hockey. As a Preds fan, I am okay with facing anyone in the West with the exception of the LA Kings. For some reason, we haven't matched up well with them lately, even when they were cellar dwellers a few seasons ago. Pekka struggles against them, and I'd rather not put a Western Conf. Final on Lindback's shoulders. On the flip side, our record this season v. STL, VAN, and CHI is pretty stout, and I'd LOVE to get playoff revenge against the 'Hawks.

In 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, the Kings were 6-2 against Nashville. However, in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, the Predators were 7-1 against LA.

I sit corrected. Maybe we just didn't play well against them but won close games. Either way, I don't want to face them this postseason.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Vancouver beats LA, Phoenix plays St. Louis. Still possible chief. In the future, please pay attention to the actual tournament Ice Cap!

Beat you to it a page or 2 ago. Read the thread chief!

Just reiterating it and really trying to drive the point home! Chief!

90758391980.gif

Surprised the Bruins crew here hasn't started bitching about that missed too-many-men call.

What's the mother:censored:ing point? It's a missed call, obviously, but what good would it do to bitch?

I know the Hawks fans here would. I guess it's the battle of the two teams who almost always :censored: up game 7's on Wednesday. Definitely calling in sick for that one.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Surprised the Bruins crew here hasn't started bitching about that missed too-many-men call.

What's the mother:censored:ing point? It's a missed call, obviously, but what good would it do to bitch?

I know the Hawks fans here would. I guess it's the battle of the two teams who almost always :censored: up game 7's on Wednesday. Definitely calling in sick for that one.

Boston won three Game 7's last year, not sure what you're talking about.

spacer.png

They dropped two of the first three in the opening round against Montreal last year.

Game 7 is totally different than the games preceding it. I don't care about Washington's success so far in this series or this season altogether at TD Garden (where they are 4-1). They shat the bed by not winning this game today, and I don't think they can pull off the final game on the road.

spacer.png

Archived