The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida vs. Phoenix Stanley Cup Final just to watch NBC and Gary Bettman squirm

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams being successful would be disastrous.

Its almost like some people want like 10 NHL teams and 20 Washington Generals for them to beat up on.

Then complain that the Generals aren't selling out every night.

Get over yourselves and go get laid or something. Some people take this :censored: way to seriously.

Just wondering: could this be the first year ever that both #1 seeds are eliminated by the #8 seeds?

Since the inception of the current format, yes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The fact that this went to six games is a victory in my mind. It was extremely unlikely the pens would pull this off, but at least it wasn't a sweep. Hell, I doubt anyone truly thought it would even go to six. The penguins did a lot to kill themselves early on, and the Flyers took advantage, so credit to them for that, and for shutting it down today. For that, they were deserving of this win. You knew the sixth game was going to be the hardest for both teams.

The series was pretty much already won, but the Pens redeemed themselves, got their stuff together, and played real hockey, gave us two nights of hope, and went down fighting. That's all we fans could ask for. There's hope for next year.

Oh, and Go Kings. If this playoff favorite can't be happy, none of them can! :P

oBIgzrL.png

Corvo and Thornton out for the Bruins, Mottau and Caron in.

I support both moves.

Corvo was injured, so it wasn't exactly a move.

Goal on a tip by Peverley, 1-0 Boston!

Even if he wasn't, I don't want him anywhere near the ice.

Also: Woo Peverley!

EDIT: :censored:.

spacer.png

143264292-430x296copy.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Vancouver beats LA, Phoenix plays St. Louis. Still possible chief. In the future, please pay attention to the actual tournament Ice Cap!

90758391980.gif

Surprised the Bruins crew here hasn't started bitching about that missed too-many-men call.

That call was ridiculous. The play was stopped because of it, yet the Caps got a PP instead of a 4-on-4.

I think that the Marchand one was worse because it led to a goal. He had a moving pick set on him behind the play and he got injured off of it (he was bleeding on the bench) but they didn't call it. Sure, he embellished it a little, but still a bad call that led to a goal.

Surprised the Bruins crew here hasn't started bitching about that missed too-many-men call.

What's the mother:censored:ing point? It's a missed call, obviously, but what good would it do to bitch?

spacer.png

Archived