The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Technically it is still a possible outcome if Vancouver comes back all the way and wins. It's just not likely.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Eh, I don't see Vancouver mounting the comeback. If any team is the "really good team to watch out for" this playoffs it's the Kings, not the Preds.

Not to say Nashville's been slumming it, I just think LA's the better team.

Hossa emerges from the back with a steel chair, clocks Mike Smith while the official has his back turned, Stalberg redeems himself by nailing the winner. Jim Ross begins screaming, "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! NO! NO!!!" Fade to black on the grimacing angry face of Gary Bettman while Hossa's entrance music blasts throughout Jobing.com arena.

Alternate scenario: Hossa comes out in Game 6, teases the chair shot to Smith, but then hits Crawford. Hossa screws over Chicago, in Chicago, and then Bettman comes running on to the ice with a Hossa Phoenix jersey, and Torres comes out and shakes Hossa's hand, signifying that Hossa, Torres, the Coyotes, Bettman, Shanahan, and even the paramedics were all in the scheme.

BAH GOD! HOSSA HAS MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

The Coyotes become the Corporate Stanley Cup Champions.

Meanwhile, Brendan Shanahan is becoming too powerful, and Bettman feels his grip on the NHL loosening. And if he can't completely control the NHL, nobody will, damn it! During the Ring Ceremony at next year's Coyotes home opener, as Shanahan is presenting Dave Tippett with his ring, the lights go out and Bettman appears on the JumboTron:

"The NHL is going to die. I know that. The NHL has cancer because of Brendan Shanahan. Shanny's gonna kill the NHL. But I'm not gonna let Brendan Shanahan kill what I created. The NHL is mine! I'm not gonna let Brendan Shanahan kill what I created. Because I'm going to kill it! I'm going to inject the NHL with a lethal dose...of poison..."

And then Bettman turns around and the back of his desk chair reveals a Quebec Nordiques logo.

Oh, my fragile little Flower.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Was that a 3-pointer I just saw go in? Dude's got some range.

EDIT: That's really not how you are supposed to kill a penalty.

DOUBLE EDIT: But that is how you respond to giving up a goal.

Archived