The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

1-1! This board can back away from the ledge for now.

No it can't. The next bit of adversity that Chicago faces will lead right back to the same people saying the same things.

Guilty as charged. The Hawks certainly don't look like a team that deserves to win this one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1! This board can back away from the ledge for now.

No it can't. The next bit of adversity that Chicago faces will

lead right back to the same people saying the same things.

Guilty as charged. The Hawks certainly don't look like a team that deserves to win this one.

Phoenix hasn't looked good at all this period, though.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I said at the beginning of the year that this team was just built to stay semi-relevant while the loaded farm system matured, so it's not like I had Cup aspirations. It's just so hard to stomach the ignominy of being shut down by Divey McWashout and a bunch of washed-up guys on a team that only exists because Gary Bettman wills it so. Oh, and our best player's career is in jeopardy. Were it a hard-fought loss to the Wings, I'd be cool with it. This is just such a sad, pathetic way to go.

My feelings are along the same lines. I think I said at the start of the season that my expectations for the Hawks were for them to get into the playoffs as a lower-half seed, and not make it that far once they got in. This was a team built for future seasons, with the roster filled in with bargain veterans on one-year deals. You kinda have to have seasons like that if you want to have any level of sustained success under a hard cap.

But then the season starts, the team gets hot and plays above its head, and as a fan, you get emotionally invested in the highs and lows. And even if I did initially dismiss this season as sort of a write-off, one can't follow a team on a daily basis with that sort of emotionless, analytical approach always at the forefront. And admiral is right: losing to this team, in this fashion, is intensely frustrating, if not infuriating. The Hawks got jobbed at the Jobber on the Mike Smith hit, saw one of their brightest stars get sent to the hospital by a perpetual dirtbag without punishment (initially), and responded by curling up and acting like it was February all over again. The franchise goalie gave up a pair of playoff overtime goals that would have gotten him mocked in the ECHL regular season. The team's last three goals are from Brendan Morrison, Michael Frolik, and Nick Leddy. That is the sort of thing that makes a fan wonder if all the big names signed to the long deals have what it takes to actually sustain success long-term.

To have such a performance occur against the team no one wants pay to own, and no one wants to pay to see, is the proverbial cherry on the sundae.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To have such a performance occur against the team no one wants pay to own, and no one wants to pay to see, is the proverbial cherry on the sundae.

That's pretty much the most insulting thing. Blackhawks were going to have a ridiculous time beating any of the matchups, but losing to a team whose fans only pretend to exist in April is slightly off-putting.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Five games, Five overtimes. That's crazy.

Either the Jobing will light up with unseen flare, or massive disappointment. This franchise as a whole hasn't advanced past the first round since 1987.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If we take the leaders in all the series, this is what the Semi-Finals will look like.

East

Florida v Ottawa

Philly v Washington

West

St Louis v Los Angeles

Phoenix v Nashville

One Stanley Cup champ among the eight, for a hockey fan they'll watch either way. Always love some new blood.

Also Sharks get maybe one last chance. Powerplay coming up.

I definitely like the Sens' chances against the Panthers. I'm a realistic fan so I wasn't expecting anything from them at the beginning of the playoffs (or the regular season for that matter), but this team has got me believing. No matter what happens I'm just glad to see the new young core of the team getting some playoff experience. With Stone, Zibanejad, and Silverberg on the way, plus the goaltending depth, I honestly think this team is here to stay.

poodle-soft

This is an adjective that needs to be brought into wider circulation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm gonna go with Mike Smith netting the GWG somehow.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Five games, Five overtimes. That's crazy.

Either the Jobing will light up with unseen flare, or massive disappointment. This franchise as a whole hasn't advanced past the first round since 1987.

Nah...if the Coyotes win tonight, their fans probably would scratch their heads and wonder if they should get ready for Game 6...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Florida vs. Phoenix Stanley Cup Final just to watch NBC and Gary Bettman squirm

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams being successful would be disastrous.

Its almost like some people want like 10 NHL teams and 20 Washington Generals for them to beat up on.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams

being successful would be disastrous.

Its almost like some people want like 10 NHL teams and 20 Washington Generals for them to beat up on.

Aka the NBA.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Crawford is going to give up a goal on a 197-foot clear like Vesa Toskala did.

Crawford gives up an own goal on a Chicago attempt to pass it back to him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams being successful would be disastrous.

Then complain that the Generals aren't selling out every night.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Crawford gives up an own goal on a Chicago attempt to pass it back to him.

Crawford tries to play the puck, falls over, is five feet away from an empty net

scored on by Paul Bissonette

who didn't even dress tonight

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Crawford gives up an own goal on a Chicago attempt to

pass it back to him.

Crawford tries to play the puck, falls over, is five feet away from an empty net

scored on by Paul Bissonette

who didn't even dress tonight

No, even better: Alice Cooper

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Archived