The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Well, Foley's been quoting The Tragically Hip, so no matter what, this overtime's provided something worthwhile.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hossa emerges from the back with a steel chair, clocks Mike Smith while the official has his back turned, Stalberg redeems himself by nailing the winner. Jim Ross begins screaming, "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! NO! NO!!!" Fade to black on the grimacing angry face of Gary Bettman while Hossa's entrance music blasts throughout Jobing.com arena.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

huzzah! Time for tentative half-celebrating.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can talk about it. I'm going on vacation for business and pleasure! Might be able to snag Panthers tickets!

Watch out for trannies.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Even though I want Phoenix to win, with or without Hossa, the talent discrepancy is still big between the 2 teams. Phoenix played them tough in Chicago so we'll see if it keeps up.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hossa emerges from the back with a steel chair, clocks Mike Smith while the official has his back turned, Stalberg redeems himself by nailing the winner. Jim Ross begins screaming, "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! NO! NO!!!" Fade to black on the grimacing angry face of Gary Bettman while Hossa's entrance music blasts throughout Jobing.com arena.

Alternate scenario: Hossa comes out in Game 6, teases the chair shot to Smith, but then hits Crawford. Hossa screws over Chicago, in Chicago, and then Bettman comes running on to the ice with a Hossa Phoenix jersey, and Torres comes out and shakes Hossa's hand, signifying that Hossa, Torres, the Coyotes, Bettman, Shanahan, and even the paramedics were all in the scheme.

BAH GOD! HOSSA HAS MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

The Coyotes become the Corporate Stanley Cup Champions.

soundersbanner.png

Alternate scenario: Hossa comes out in Game 6, teases the chair shot to Smith, but then hits Crawford. Hossa screws over Chicago, in Chicago, and then Bettman comes running on to the ice with a Hossa Phoenix jersey, and Torres comes out and shakes Hossa's hand, signifying that Hossa, Torres, the Coyotes, Bettman, Shanahan, and even the paramedics were all in the scheme.

Somehow the Corporate Ministry has to become involved.

twitter

So wait, would Shanahan or Bettman be the Higher Power?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wvBK1Ymw8

Shane O'Mac can rhyme!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Haven't put in my 2 cents til now. Obviously it's easy to say that a team struggling against the likes of the Yotes isn't much of a contender for the Cup anyway but I still stand by this team because of moments like this. It ain't over til it's over

Midway.png

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Florida vs. Phoenix Stanley Cup Final just to watch NBC and Gary Bettman squirm

Why do we even have a 30 team league if we don't want each team to be successful on the ice?

Seriously. Apparently we want every team to be in Canada... except in the playoffs, where Canadian teams being successful would be disastrous.

Who's saying every team should be in Canada? I mean sure, move the Coyotes to Quebec, but that's it. Who here is calling for a second team in Toronto or a team in Hamilton? Who's calling for a team in Saskatoon? I'm curious, because you say everyone wants "every team to be in Canada" so I'm wondering who said that to give you that idea.

Look, you're a smart guy. So there are two possibilities. The first is that you know that no one's calling for more Canadian teams beyond moving a financially failing team to Quebec City but still spout this "everyone here wants to move every team to Canada" crap because that strawman argument is easier to deal with then simply facing the fact that the Coyotes are a disaster in Arizona and would be better off in Quebec. That, or your opinions of certain members here are so warped that you honestly believe they mean "move every team to Canada" when they say "the situation in Glendale's a mess, they should cut their losses and move to Quebec and take the guaranteed money."

It's a shame either way, because like I said you're a very smart guy. Oh well.

*** WARNING: PREDS-CENTRIC POST BELOW ***

First, I cannot properly express how proud and excited I am about this Predators team. I will admit, the Wings controlled the tempo for nearly the entire series, and Pekka freaking Rinne bailed Nashville out numerous times (as well as Klein in game 3).

Regarding the Weber incident in game 1, I really thought he would be (and deserved to be) suspended 1-2 games. The Wings did win game 2 even with Weber on the ice, so as far as I'm concerned, it's a moot point.

HOWEVER, I totally do not buy that Shanahan's leniency in Weber's case "set the tone" for what has happened on the ice in these playoffs. The Pens/Flyers series was going to be Wrestlemania On Ice from the outset. Torres would still be a goon regardless. Maybe the Weber incident set the tone for what Shanahan was willing to give out penalty wise, but hopefully that has been reversed with Torres' 25-game ban. (I personally thought he'd be suspended just through the postseason.)

Back to hockey. As a Preds fan, I am okay with facing anyone in the West with the exception of the LA Kings. For some reason, we haven't matched up well with them lately, even when they were cellar dwellers a few seasons ago. Pekka struggles against them, and I'd rather not put a Western Conf. Final on Lindback's shoulders. On the flip side, our record this season v. STL, VAN, and CHI is pretty stout, and I'd LOVE to get playoff revenge against the 'Hawks.

Finally, the Preds have a new installation at Bridgestone Arena for the playoffs that features the inspiration for their logo: a Smilodon fatalis skull that was found in Nashville in 1971.

ScreenShot2012-04-20at32754AM.png0420121817.jpg

I was tempted to create a new thread in the Sports Logos section just about this skull, but I opted not to. This was so cool to see in-person.

Back to hockey. As a Preds fan, I am okay with facing anyone in the West with the exception of the LA Kings. For some reason, we haven't matched up well with them lately, even when they were cellar dwellers a few seasons ago. Pekka struggles against them, and I'd rather not put a Western Conf. Final on Lindback's shoulders. On the flip side, our record this season v. STL, VAN, and CHI is pretty stout, and I'd LOVE to get playoff revenge against the 'Hawks.

In 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, the Kings were 6-2 against Nashville. However, in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, the Predators were 7-1 against LA.

And frankly, the only team in the west I was scared to face was Vancouver, and look how that series is going. I wonder how many overtimes we'll see between the Kings and the Blues, the three games after the Blues' coaching change were all decided by one goal, with a 1-0 (STL) regulation and a 1-0 (LA) shootout decision. For what it's worth, the other two games were 3-2 (LA) and 5-0 (LA).

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived