Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Got Pavel Bure, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Kariya, Jaromir Jagr, Mario Lemieux, Eric Lindros, and Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe.

Quite the photo!

Wow. Four Hall Of Famers.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a little of both: it is idiotic to freak out about the global economy, and then forfeit a seven-figure salary to go on a vision quest and crap in the woods or whatever it is he sets out to do.

As for the forfeiting a seven-figure salary, who cares? The guy has been doing this since he was probably 16 and is burnt out. I respect anyone who walks away from money to do what makes them happy. I don't think he will come back at the same level in a year, and maybe he decides to retire outright. This is more or less an unofficial retirement. He's got enough money to live off of (especially since he keeps it all in gold bars in his bomb shelter). I don't think Thomas owes it to anyone to play until he can no longer collect a paycheck. I'd rather see guys comfortably walk away from their sport on their own terms than a 60 year-old Ric Flair with his thinning bleached hair and overtanned, floppy man-boobs jiggling around the ring covered in blood, so to say.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Saw the greatest tweet this morning.

Per @DrivingPlay

I don't understand why Montreal has to hire a French speaking coach - the Sutter brothers keep getting hired and they can't speak English

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Got Pavel Bure, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Kariya, Jaromir Jagr, Mario Lemieux, Eric Lindros, and Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe.

Quite the photo!

Wow. Four Hall Of Famers.

And if it wasn't for injuries the other guys could be hall of famers too.

HockeysFuture did its end-of-year organizational rankings.

1. Panthers
  2. Wild
  3. Senators
  4. Oilers
  5. Ducks
  6. Blackhawks
  7. Islanders
  8. Blues
  9. Predators
  10. Red Wings
  11. Rangers
  12. Kings
  13. Coyotes
  14. Sabres
  15. Hurricanes
  16. Bruins
  17. Lightning
  18. Maple Leafs
  19. Stars
  20. Penguins
  21. Canadiens
  22. Devils
  23. Flames
  24. Avalanche
  25. Jets
  26. Flyers
  27. Capitals
  28. Canucks
  29. Blue Jackets
  30. Sharks

Nice to see the Blackhawks up high, though it's noted that they lack bona fide top-sixers and pretty much top out at power forwards who can flesh out a smallish-but-talented top six. Good to see the Jets inch up the list slowly but surely. Gotta be troubling that the Beej is that low. The Flyers are low because their best youngsters contributed to the big team immediately, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

HockeysFuture did its end-of-year organizational rankings.

1. Panthers
  2. Wild
  3. Senators
  4. Oilers
  5. Ducks
  6. Blackhawks
  7. Islanders
  8. Blues
  9. Predators
  10. Red Wings
  11. Rangers
  12. Kings
  13. Coyotes
  14. Sabres
  15. Hurricanes
  16. Bruins
  17. Lightning
  18. Maple Leafs
  19. Stars
  20. Penguins
  21. Canadiens
  22. Devils
  23. Flames
  24. Avalanche
  25. Jets
  26. Flyers
  27. Capitals
  28. Canucks
  29. Blue Jackets
  30. Sharks

Nice to see the Blackhawks up high, though it's noted that they lack bona fide top-sixers and pretty much top out at power forwards who can flesh out a smallish-but-talented top six. Good to see the Jets inch up the list slowly but surely. Gotta be troubling that the Beej is that low. The Flyers are low because their best youngsters contributed to the big team immediately, I guess.

I believe the Flames were 28th to start the year, so all the way up to 23rd is a great improvement in my eyes. Same goes for the Jets who were also a bit lower than 25.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This will be the third time Bettman shut down the NHL and it will likely be another loss season or two knowing Fehr is on the other side. Bettman wants the players to pay for free anything to keep a team in Phoenix, he has little understanding of the sports traditions and little respect for the fans. He is just a cold hearted son of a bitch who I still think is trying to destroy hockey so the NBA has no competition. He was David Stern's clone and his goal is to run the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived