Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad draft night for the Caps. Both the picks are pretty good and the I liked the trade, and we got booed by Pens fans. Good times.

+1

I love getting Forsberg at 11th via the pick from the Colorado Avalanche.

Habs/Bruins games are going to be something now that each brother is on the rival team.

I really want Jordan to get drafted by Toronto.

Burke said the Leafs had Rielly rated first overall. Either they're smoking something, or they know something we don't.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Jay Feaster said Mark Jankowski would be the best player in the draft in 10 years. :/ He's a true wildcard, projected from anywhere between 15-60 going back as far as February. He's a project, 3 to 4 years away, which I guess works for a team like the Flames. Also has good NHL bloodlines. Red Kelly is his great grandfather I believe.

I can stomach it, but we could have got this guy at 42, I'm certain. Unless any of the GM's behind Feaster liked Jankowski just as much as the Flames did, which is why they pulled the trigger at 21.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Habs/Bruins games are going to be something now that each brother is on the rival team.

Burke said the Leafs had Rielly rated first overall. Either they're smoking something, or they know something we don't.

Didn't Forsberg say he's staying another year in Europe?

That explains why every team prior to Washington said screw him, let's get someome who's NHL-ready right now.

---

Also, I am thrilled about drafting Galchenyuk. The Habs have never had someone with his potential for the last I don't know how many years! I hope he can still be a major point producer without Yakupov by his side.

TSN's :censored:ty Photoshop job of a Yakupov Oilers jersey:

521322_10151038634581055_34982207_n.jpg

No :censored: it was :censored:ty! They didn't even get the number right.

2012-06-23T012638Z_1_CBRE85M040I00_RTROPTP_2_CSPORTS-US-NHL-DRAFT.JPG

Wait... Or did he just get #12 because it's 2012? :upside:

6uXNWAo.png

Didn't Forsberg say he's staying another year in Europe?

That explains why every team prior to Washington said screw him, let's get someome who's NHL-ready right now.

---

Also, I am thrilled about drafting Galchenyuk. The Habs have never had someone with his potential for the last I don't know how many years! I hope he can still be a major point producer without Yakupov by his side.

Do you think all of these defensemen are NHL ready right now that were drafted ahead of Forsberg? Maybe a couple, but not nearly all of them and ALL of them will have some growing pains. Let him stay, the Swedish 2nd division is still a pretty good league. Let him beef up a bit, we can wait.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So everybody's gunna wear #12? THAT'S 200 GUYS! Every team will have like 7 guys wearing #12! JESUS!

How long have you watched the draft or drafts in general? It's common practice to award the draft pick a jersey with the year number on it. It just takes watching one draft to figure that out.

How long have you watched the draft or drafts in general? It's common practice to award the draft pick a jersey with the year number on it. It just takes watching one draft to figure that out.

He was kidding, its pretty obvious.

Oh, and I've been watching a lot of the NHL network recently, and they happen to employ the single most annoying man on the planet, and his name is Peter Loubardias. He talks slowly, it seems like he pauses too much, and his voice is just annoying. Plus, he has to call ever draftee "gentleman". I believe he used to be a play by play man for the Flames. Listening to him is painful

Archived