Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why Gary Bettman sucks he is infexible he has no plan to compromise and could carless if there is never another game played.

He doesn't have to compromise. All he has to do is choke out the workers until they submit (and the people who are hurt the most, the low-paid arena workers, don't even have a voice with which to submit). He did it once and he'll do it again.

Feels good not to champion the 0.01% percent, doesn't it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is why Gary Bettman sucks he is infexible he has no plan to compromise and could carless if there is never another game played.

He doesn't have to compromise. All he has to do is choke out the workers until they submit (and the people who are hurt the most, the low-paid arena workers, don't even have a voice with which to submit). He did it once and he'll do it again.

Its Millionaires versus Billionaires so its all the 1%

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To say that everyone who has been temporarily put out of work by the whims of Jeremy Jacobs and Peter Karmanos is a millionaire would be highly short-sighted. If it were, no one would take their side.

So today, NHL Vice-President Of Being The Lesser Of Two Evils Bill Daly popped his head out of Gary Bettman's ass long enough to say that the NHL just cost itself $100 million in revenue by cancelling the preseason.

1) the NHL preseason makes $100 million?

2) This makes you guys especially dumb, since if I'm not mistaken, the expenses of the preseason are much lower than those of the regular season

3) no, seriously, the NHL preseason makes $100 million?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To say that everyone who has been temporarily put out of work by the whims of Jeremy Jacobs

and Peter Karmanos is a millionaire would be highly short-sighted. If it were, no one would take their side.

So today, NHL Vice-President Of Being The

Lesser Of Two Evils Bill Daly popped his head out of Gary Bettman's ass long enough to say that the NHL just cost itself $100 million in revenue by cancelling the preseason.

2) This makes you guys especially dumb, since if I'm not mistaken, the expenses of the preseason are much lower than those of the

regular season

They do charge regular price for preseason, though not sure if that has to do with it.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

To say that everyone who has been temporarily put out of work by the whims of Jeremy Jacobs and Peter Karmanos is a millionaire would be highly short-sighted. If it were, no one would take their side.

So today, NHL Vice-President Of Being The Lesser Of Two Evils Bill Daly popped his head out of Gary Bettman's ass long enough to say that the NHL just cost itself $100 million in revenue by cancelling the preseason.

2) This makes you guys especially dumb, since if I'm not mistaken, the expenses of the preseason are much lower than those of the regular season

I cover hockey for my company so I'm losing money. I'm definitely not the 1%. Please start playing again soon!

I cover hockey for my company so I'm losing money. I'm definitely not the 1%. Please start playing again soon!

I mean the the players and owners the fans and arena staff and others who work in sport are the real losers in this battle

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I mean the the players and owners the fans and arena staff and others who work in sport are the real losers in this battle

It's harsh, but almost nobody cares about them.

Its Millionaires versus Billionaires

Is anyone else sick of this same trite cliche being dragged out for every work stoppage in sports? It's not just "millionaires vs. billionaires," that's a simplistic condemnation of all lockouts without actually considering the nuances of what's going on.

Its not the vendors and ticket takers striking they are in the tample way with us fans.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Is anyone else sick of this same trite cliche being dragged out for every work stoppage in sports? It's not just "millionaires vs. billionaires," that's a simplistic condemnation of all lockouts without actually considering the nuances of what's going on.

I prefer Millionaires AND Billionaires versus the Fans AND integrity of the sport.

I prefer Millionaires AND Billionaires versus the Fans AND integrity of the sport.

Yeah, that's my feeling as well. I don't feel sympathy for all of the players. Why should I sympathize with someone who has a multi-million dollar contract? I mean, yeah, I'll sympathize with the rookie pine-riders who make much less but the big-name players get none.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When TSN showed the 2005 World Junior Final against Russia (Greatest Junior Team ever assembled) They really started preparing their World Jrs coverage 2 months in advance. I'm not confident anything is going to get done. I've been pretty quiet in this thread, mostly because I just don't care anymore. If the two sides want to throw the game I once loved down the drain so be it. I have junior hockey I can watch.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived