The Nordiques unused jerseys

spyboy1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work on correcting the accepted history! Far too often, we simply accept things for what they are when there's obvious evidence to the contrary. This definitely should be corrected, on the mothership and elsewhere, and right here is where the rally started. Keep fighting the good fight!

Thanks for the support. Like what the Nordiques were going to do or hate it, at least know what the correct colors were supposed to be.

I suspect the incorrect recoloring originated on this board, as it was THE home for concepts back in the day prior to the dedicated websites that have sprung up since then.

Were these jerseys ever sold or just announced and then the team moved? I'm young to remember sadly.

Someone posted a comment stating that they were sold to season ticket holders, but I've never, ever seen one come up for sale since I joined ebay in 1999, so I'm doubtful of that claim. Only once before did someone remake them for a brief period of time, but he was a notorious flake and regularly appeared on ebay with a new account a couple of times a year before not filling orders over and over. Perhaps a few of his Nords unused jerseys made it into the public's hands, but those were not actual CCM's.

from what I remember by seing another picture of the blue jersey is that the fleur-de-lis was in a triangle like the husky in the main logo

If anyone has any pictures of the actual, original jerseys beyond the one known photo, please post it here. The original was cropped on the bottom and didn't show the back at all or shoulders very well.

the eBay jerseys are incorrect

I'll try to get back the never seen on the web picture my former coworker have

There are actually now two sellers with them on ebay, one based on the incorrect periwinkle colors and another that I linked to based on the actual photo of the jerseys colors with the teal and black, which you claim is also wrong. We certainly need to see your proof to shed more light on this.

Now we need Chris to correct the illustrations on SportsLogos.net.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=gix9im6ss65bioz20fhd

I've sent him a PM with an offer to send him the corrected color versions but have yet to get a response.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

A google search turned up this. Is it one of the few correctly made knockoffs?

nords1.jpg1279583218.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've actually seen the correct version far more often than the one with more muted colors.

Frankly, the "fake" one looks way better. That Nordiques color scheme would've been purely hideous.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

A google search turned up this. Is it one of the few correctly made knockoffs?

nords1.jpg1279583218.jpg

Yes, that is one of the recently made versions of the Nords proposed jersey. The color balance of that photo is way off and could contribute to the blue looking purple. Either way, in my mind I keep thinking purple was a part of the scheme all the time!

Think what you want about the wrong colors vs the actual colors, but at least we know know which was the actual intended plan.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I had to log in to reply to this (I haven't been a regular reader or contributor here for nearly ten years).

I drew the famous "incorrectly coloured" jerseys in Adobe Illustrator based on a black and white photo scanned from a newspaper. I knew that navy was the main colour but completely guessed on the shades of the others. When I drew them over a decade ago THERE WAS NO GOOD INFORMATION ON WHAT THE ACTUAL COLOURS WERE so perhaps we could tone down the rhetoric about drawing them "with no regard."

I did post them on this board but I did not intend for them to become the definitive image of the unused Nordiques jerseys.

As far as incorrect graphics goes, I'll admit it is frustrating to see logos, etc. that are rendered incorrectly if logos and crests are your "thing." I tried for years to get the Detroit Free Press to stop using my incorrectly drawn Red Wings logo but to no avail.

The internet is forever, kids. Try not to read too much into it.

If anyone read the actual blog, you would have seen a jersey from HJC based off the nordiques never-used sweaters. that jersey set was made by me! LOL! i never knew i was using the wrong colours.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I had to log in to reply to this (I haven't been a regular reader or contributor here for nearly ten years).

I drew the famous "incorrectly coloured" jerseys in Adobe Illustrator based on a black and white photo scanned from a newspaper. I knew that navy was the main colour but completely guessed on the shades of the others. When I drew them over a decade ago THERE WAS NO GOOD INFORMATION ON WHAT THE ACTUAL COLOURS WERE so perhaps we could tone down the rhetoric about drawing them "with no regard."

I did post them on this board but I did not intend for them to become the definitive image of the unused Nordiques jerseys.

As far as incorrect graphics goes, I'll admit it is frustrating to see logos, etc. that are rendered incorrectly if logos and crests are your "thing." I tried for years to get the Detroit Free Press to stop using my incorrectly drawn Red Wings logo but to no avail.

The internet is forever, kids. Try not to read too much into it.

Mystery solved! Thanks for the reply and shedding light on the origin of the "incorrectly colored" graphic. I am going to go back and edit the story to reflect the facts as they are. I did a search of the board to try to find out if that image did come from this board but was unable to locate it and had to speculate on it's origins. I'm also going to post an update topic of it's own tomorrow with the same additional information.

Your work certainly did become one with a pretty durable lifespan and I suspect will continue to be reposted going forward as well.

I'd still like to hear from Chris concerning changing the images on Sportslogos.net though. Perhaps I will send him a note via twitter where he is rather active these days.

HansonsSig.jpg

A couple of hours ago I was picking up groceries at Quality Foods here in Nanaimo, turned up an aisle, and there in front of me was a guy wearing that (almost) Nordiques jersey! I caught up with him at the cashier and said to him "...nice jersey...that's the one they never wore." He was thrilled that he encountered someone who "got it" and didn't have to tell the whole story. Sorry...no pictures!

I can haz sig?

You couldn't pay me to strike up a conversation with a stranger at the grocery store. Being talked to whilst shopping is one of my biggest pet peeves. If I wanted your thoughts on my oatmeal, I'd have asked you, except I wouldn't have, because like I said, it's weird. Even if he's wearing a purple/teal/black unused Nordiques sweater!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You couldn't pay me to strike up a conversation with a stranger at the grocery store. Being talked to whilst shopping is one of my biggest pet peeves. If I wanted your thoughts on my oatmeal, I'd have asked you, except I wouldn't have, because like I said, it's weird. Even if he's wearing a purple/teal/black unused Nordiques sweater!

Ahh, we've missed your weird, loner insight.

Seriously, it's not that weird to talk to someone about that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

To talk about food they're buying, or about their hockey sweaters? I guess you could argue that if you're going to be into rare sports logos, you might as well share it with the like-minded, since they're all but guaranteed to be on your wavelength. If I see a guy in a Nords sweater, perhaps I will say something. It's stuff like unsolicited poultry recommendations that makes me uncomfortable. It's my one un-midwestern trait, I guess. Lmtfa at the grocery store.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are you kidding me? Jerseys are one of the best conversation starters, and if you're wearing one, especially away from a game, you should expect fellow fans to talk to you and even for fans of rivals to heckle you. It's all part of being a jersey fanatic. I certainly would've commented on that guy's jersey, and you probably made his day for knowing it

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hey, until today I'd never initiated a conversation with anyone in a grocery store!

By the way, nice oatmeal...instant or steel-cut?

I can haz sig?

It's stuff like unsolicited poultry recommendations that makes me uncomfortable.

Dude, she was hitting on you. Grocery stores are a great pick up place.

HansonsSig.jpg

It's stuff like unsolicited poultry recommendations that makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah...did you think "nice thighs" actually meant she was referring to the poultry in your basket? Sheesh! :love:

I can haz sig?

• 2 weeks later...

Ask her where the toast is...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think the weirder thing is that the person in the Nordiques jersey actually looked in his closet that day for an outfit to wear to the supermarket, bypassed all of his t-shirts and polos, and settled on a hockey jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the weirder thing is that the person in the Nordiques jersey actually looked in his closet that day for an outfit to wear to the supermarket, bypassed all of his t-shirts and polos, and settled on a hockey jersey.

Hey, to each their own. It wouldn't piss me off to see that, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Though I will say my favorite are old guys with really awful toupees. They just look really ridiculous and I always think to myself before they left the house they put it on, looked in the mirror, and thought "Yep, this is the look I'm going for!".

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived