Team by Team 2012 NFL Nike Uniform combos

canzman

As ColorWerx stated in another thread the Gold pants are back in the Skins uniform guide... they have officially replaced the burgundy pants so the only options this season will be white or gold.

According to the Redskins Uniform specs pants and socks can be worn with any jersey due to this recent change of replacing the burgundy pants with gold here are the likely combos for 2012.

Redskins Color

XS8Np.jpg

ldJ2W.jpg

Redskins White

9Nzkd.jpg

yVbf9.jpg

D2Tnx.jpg

Redskins Throwbacks

2iOqy.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool!!

I like how the Redskins kept their collar solid burgundy on the home jerseys with the flywire collar. Wish the BILLS had done that with their royal blue jersey, as most Buffalo fans do. That thick white ¾ white collar is just grotesque!!

Has there been any 'official' update yet as to which socks the BILLS will be wearing with the blue away pants??

Has there been any 'official' update yet as to which socks the BILLS will be wearing with the blue away pants??

Nope... the guides state that they are interchangeable and the guides do not show the "white" socks at all. So it is still unknown if they are even an option this season.

Also, if the guides state interchangeable then there is now way of really know what options the team will go with. The only way to know for sure is on teams that do not make the statement that options are interchangeable. For those teams the combo in the guide is the only option, for interchangeable teams it is mix and match as they see fit.

It appears the Browns have updated their style guide since this thread was started as well and have gotten rid of the away pant with the thinner stripes on the side and will only have one pant option this season.

Browns Color

qxawY.jpg

Browns White

Pzi5B.jpg

Is there any reasoning to why they don't use two stripe gold pants to match the rest f the set? The three stripes bother me a lot.

Just a guess on my part but I think that the Throwbacks for this year are a one year thing due to the 80th Anniversary and that they will be going back to the previous Lombardi era throwback next season. These pants will probably go with that set which is why they sport the 3 stripes and not 2.

Again just a guess on my part though.

Striped away socks for the browns?! That's great news. Now they just need a pair to wear with their brown jerseys.

Browns have had striped socks with the white jersey the past few years... they just going from this

D9E6l.jpg

to this

Pzi5B.jpg

As ColorWerx stated in another thread the Gold pants are back in the Skins uniform guide... they have officially replaced the burgundy pants so the only options this season will be white or gold.

According to the Redskins Uniform specs pants and socks can be worn with any jersey due to this recent change of replacing the burgundy pants with gold here are the likely combos for 2012.

I'm beginning to wonder if the NFL has implemented a rule, perhaps since Nike took over, that a team cannot have more than 3 sets of pants including throwback/alternate??

That's the only reason I could think of as to why the Redskins would ditch their burgundy pants. Since the very early 80s they've worn burgundy pants for the vast majority of all their games, whether it be at home or on the road, so for them to discard them just like that is very puzzling.

Also, I'm wondering if all teams are going to be wearing the dual color-coordinated shoes rather than black or white?? Last year when the Bills did their uniform change, the following shoes were in the new style guide and template, yet black shoes were worn all season.

bills11_newshoes.png

I'm beginning to wonder if the NFL has implemented a rule, perhaps since Nike took over, that a team cannot have more than 3 sets of pants including throwback/alternate??

That's the only reason I could think of as to why the Redskins would ditch their burgundy pants. Since the very early 80s they've worn burgundy pants for the vast majority of all their games, whether it be at home or on the road, so for them to discard them just like that is very puzzling.

Now that you mention it going back I can only think of one team since 2002 when Reebok took over that has had more than 3 pant options in one season including a throwback and that was the Rams starting in 09 when they introduced their throwbacks. The other obvious exception would be the AFL anniversary year which I am not including, but other than that I can only think of the Rams as a team to have more than 3 pant options in a season including any alt/throwback since 2002.

From 2002 to 2011

Bears no more than 3 (white, navy, and throwback)

Bengals no more than 2 (white and black)

Bills no more than 3 (white, blue and throwback)

Broncos no more than 3 (white w/blue, white w/orange, and blue)

Browns no more than 3 (just white 2002) (white, alternate white 2003 to 2005 and orange 2003 and 2004) (white, brown [only worn 08 and 09], throwback [only worn 06 to 08] 2006 to 2009) (just white 2010 to 2011)

Bucs no more than 3 (white, pewter, throwback)

Cardinals no more than 3 (white w/red, red, and white w/black)

Chargers no more than 3 (white w/navy, navy, and either throwback or white w/powder blue)

Chiefs no more than 2 (white and red)

Colts no more than 2 (White and throwback)

Cowboys no more than 3 (silver, silver-green, and throwback)

Dolphins no more than 3 (white, aqua, throwback [2003 only])

Eagles no more than 3 (white, green, throwback)

Falcons no more than 3 (white w/red, white w/black and black or throwback)

49ers no more than 2 (gold and throwback 2002 to 2008) (just gold 2009 to 2011)

Giants no more than 2 (gray 3 stripe and gray 5 stripe) 5 stripe started in 2005

Jags no more than 2 (white and black)

Jets no more than 3 (white, green and throwback)

Lions no more than 2 (silver and throwback)

Packers no more than 2 (Yellow and throwback)

Panthers no more than 2 (silver and white)

Pats no more than 3 (silver, blue and throwback)

Raiders 1 (silver)

Rams 4 (gold 2002) (gold, blue, white 2003) (gold 2004) (gold and blue 2005) (gold and white 2006) (gold, blue,and white 2007 to 2008 and then add throwback for 2009 to 2011)

Ravens no more than 2 (white and black)

Redskins no more than 3 (burgundy and throwback 2002) (burgundy white and throwback 2003) (burgundy and white 2004 to 2006) (burgundy, white, and throwback 2007) (burgundy and white 2008 to 2009) (burgundy, white, and throwback 2010 to 2011)

Saints no more than 3 (gold, black and throwback [only worn in 2002 and 2011])

Seattle no more than 3 (white and blue 2002 to 2008) (white, blue and navy 2009 to 2011)

Steelers no more than 2 (yellow 2002 to 2006) (yellow and throwback 2007 to 2011)

Texans no more than 3 (blue, white and red)

Titans no more than 3 (white, blue and navy)

Vikings no more than 3 (white 2002 to 2005) (white and purple 2006) (white, purple, and throwback 2007 to 2011)

Striped away socks for the browns?! That's great news. Now they just need a pair to wear with their brown jerseys.

Browns have had striped socks with the white jersey the past few years... they just going from this

D9E6l.jpg

to this

Pzi5B.jpg

That's a downgrade IMO. The stripes on last year's socks matched the sleeve stripes on the jersey.

Also, I'm wondering if all teams are going to be wearing the dual color-coordinated shoes rather than black or white?? Last year when the Bills did their uniform change, the following shoes were in the new style guide and template, yet black shoes were worn all season.

bills11_newshoes.png

Not sure how the rule reads this year but prior to this year the rule states that cleats had to be predominantly black or white and could contain one of the teams main colors as an accent, but that color had to be the same for all players on the team. Using the Chiefs as an example one player could use red as an accent while another used yellow.

So to illustrate using the Bears in 2011 they selected black as the predominant color and then would had to decide on either Navy or Orange as the accepted accent color and to the best of my knowledge orange was the choice.

107196255_display_image.jpg?1296366268

My guess is this year for consistency cleats will have to be either the accepted Nike Team Color Elites or if the player opts to wear something else they would have to contain the same color scheme, example would be Panthers Black and Carolina Blue Elites so if a player wanted to use Under Armor Cleats (Cam Newton) they would have to be the same color scheme.

NFL_2012_Panthers_VaporTalonElite_large.jpg?1333435008

cam-newton-ua-highlight-cleat-under-armour-600x400.jpg

Or RG3's Adidas Cleats

NFL_2012_Redskins_VaporTalonElite_large.jpg?1333439773

AtRUc4lCIAEXq3C.jpg

If that's not a rule, it bloody well ought to be.

Agreed. Actually, the rule should be two "regular" pants, plus a throwback.

I agree with everyone that having more than 2 pant options plus a throwback/alt is crazy but like I said above only one team has had more than 3 pant options in a single season excluding anniversary years since 2002, and that was the Rams starting in 2009.

I agree with everyone that having more than 2 pant options plus a throwback/alt is crazy but like I said above only one team has had more than 3 pant options in a single season excluding anniversary years since 2002, and that was the Rams starting in 2009.

Are you sure? Seems to me the Titans have 3, although you almost never see the white anymore. Also, Broncos (navy, white w/ orange stripe, and white w/ navy stripe) and maybe the Falcons (white w/ black piping, white w/ red piping, and black... I know they've dumped the black, but not sure when it happened).

Are you sure? Seems to me the Titans have 3, although you almost never see the white anymore. Also, Broncos (navy, white w/ orange stripe, and white w/ navy stripe) and maybe the Falcons (white w/ black piping, white w/ red piping, and black... I know they've dumped the black, but not sure when it happened).

I think you are confused in what is being said.

What I said is I agree that there should not be more than 3 total (2 base and 1 either alt or throwback) but I also said that no one but the Rams have had more than 3 pant options in a single season since 2002 not counting anniversary years.

Your three examples prove my point Titans 3, Broncos 3, Falcons 3... last time I checked having 3 is not more than 3 :)

The only team since 2002 to have more than 3 options in one season not counting the AFL anniversary season was the Rams 2009 to 2011 (Gold, White, Blue and Throwback)

Archived