Team by Team 2012 NFL Nike Uniform combos

canzman

I'm beginning to wonder if the NFL has implemented a rule, perhaps since Nike took over, that a team cannot have more than 3 sets of pants including throwback/alternate??

If that's not a rule, it bloody well ought to be.

Agreed. Actually, the rule should be two "regular" pants, plus a throwback.

I agree with everyone that having more than 2 pant options plus a throwback/alt is crazy but like I said above only one team has had more than 3 pant options in a single season excluding anniversary years since 2002, and that was the Rams starting in 2009.

Are you sure? Seems to me the Titans have 3, although you almost never see the white anymore. Also, Broncos (navy, white w/ orange stripe, and white w/ navy stripe) and maybe the Falcons (white w/ black piping, white w/ red piping, and black... I know they've dumped the black, but not sure when it happened).

I think you are confused in what is being said.

What I said is I agree that there should not be more than 3 total (2 base and 1 either alt or throwback) but I also said that no one but the Rams have had more than 3 pant options in a single season since 2002 not counting anniversary years.

Your three examples prove my point Titans 3, Broncos 3, Falcons 3... last time I checked having 3 is not more than 3 :)

The only team since 2002 to have more than 3 options in one season not counting the AFL anniversary season was the Rams 2009 to 2011 (Gold, White, Blue and Throwback)

Yep, somehow I missed the "more than" part... my bad.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears the Browns have updated their style guide since this thread was started as well and have gotten rid of the away pant with the thinner stripes on the side and will only have one pant option this season.

Browns Color

qxawY.jpg

Browns White

Pzi5B.jpg

Wait, what?

The only time in the past decade the Browns have worn pants with thinner stripes was this throwback set they wore for a few home games.

Charles+Ali+New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+Browns+JWWO3i-68A9l.jpg

As an aside, I've never understood why they only wore those striped socks with the throwback brown jerseys. For the regular uniforms the last few years, it's been stripes matching the sleeves for the white uniforms and solid brown socks to go with the brown jerseys. And the striped socks they're going with now don't match anything at all in the set. Lame.

Wait, what?

The only time in the past decade the Browns have worn pants with thinner stripes was this throwback set they wore for a few home games.

As an aside, I've never understood why they only wore those striped socks with the throwback brown jerseys. For the regular uniforms the last few years, it's been stripes matching the sleeves for the white uniforms and solid brown socks to go with the brown jerseys. And the striped socks they're going with now don't match anything at all in the set. Lame.

I've always felt that if a team is going to use striped socks like that, they should match the jersey. And if you wear them with one set, they should be worn with all. Also big fan of the numbers on the helmet.

It appears the Browns have updated their style guide since this thread was started as well and have gotten rid of the away pant with the thinner stripes on the side and will only have one pant option this season.

Browns Color

qxawY.jpg

Browns White

Pzi5B.jpg

Wait, what?

Yes looking at past seasons your are correct, but the new style guides for the 2012 season showed the thinner stripped pant as the away pant option, but now that has since been removed from the guides and currently they only have one style pant with the thicker stripes.

Did you ever post the black Jaguars uniforms?

Jacksonville2012Uniforms.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

So in doing some research it turns on that Jaguars Sr. VP of Communications, Dan Edwards, made this comment back in early April...

"The Jaguars could wear the black jerseys as an alternate this season, but Edwards said there is "no answer" whether they will or not. He said the team was waiting for the schedule to be released and would evaluate it after that depending on what primetime games, if any, the team is given."

Link

So based on the fact that he said that they "could" that is pretty much confirmation from the team, and based on the fact that they will play primetime on NFL Network against the Colts at home in week 10 leads me to think that the blacks are confirmed for that week.

So from his comments my gut feelings say that they will only pull these out for just the one primetime game against the Colts this season. If that is the case then I think they will opt for the all black look and not the black and white.

Jaguars Alternate

GOvX1.jpg

So in doing some research it turns on that Jaguars Sr. VP of Communications, Dan Edwards, made this comment back in early April...

"The Jaguars could wear the black jerseys as an alternate this season, but Edwards said there is "no answer" whether they will or not. He said the team was waiting for the schedule to be released and would evaluate it after that depending on what primetime games, if any, the team is given."

Link

So based on the fact that he said that they "could" that is pretty much confirmation from the team, and based on the fact that they will play primetime on NFL Network against the Colts at home in week 10 leads me to think that the blacks are confirmed for that week.

So from his comments my gut feelings say that they will only pull these out for just the one primetime game against the Colts this season. If that is the case then I think they will opt for the all black look and not the black and white.

Jaguars Alternate

GOvX1.jpg

Thanks

Browns Color

qxawY.jpg

Browns White

Pzi5B.jpg

Wait, what?

Yes looking at past seasons your are correct, but the new style guides for the 2012 season showed the thinner stripped pant as the away pant option, but now that has since been removed from the guides and currently they only have one style pant with the thicker stripes.

any chance that was just an error in the style guide and that there was never any intent to wear a different set of whites with the road? That would make sense why they were scrubbed.

Browns Color

qxawY.jpg

Browns White

Pzi5B.jpg

Wait, what?

any chance that was just an error in the style guide and that there was never any intent to wear a different set of whites with the road? That would make sense why they were scrubbed.

Perhaps, but all I can speak to is what was in the guide and what is now in the guide... I have no way of knowing intent... No reasons are given for changes.

Link

What was the point of posting the picture again if I just posted it? :therock:

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

He wants to post all the combinations in his format. I don't see a problem with that.

It's not a problem to me either, its just very redundant, I mean I guess it would be one thing if they were slightly different but they're the same exact graphic, he just moved the helmets to the side.

The Bears have orange pants, the Panther have black pants, and the Falcons are using a red helmet with their current set this year too, not just the throwbacks.

Source please?

All the uniforms from the game are taken straight from the style guide, so there are some pretty interesting things in that video.

Bears orange pants: 0:27

Falcons red helmet: 12:48

Panthers black pants: 20:07

Archived