NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reebok looks like pee wee or junior high uniforms (aside from the stitched lettering)

Yet I can't recall anyone saying that about their authentics for the 10 years that they had the contract. Yes, the cuts (specifically the sleeves) left a little to be desired, but the mesh and the shoulders were pretty tough, and (at least on the ones I've handled) the patches and sewn numbers were very tough as well.

My suspission is that this is a case of "there's something new, so the old thing was the worst thing ever". I just don't think that it's reasonable to compare a RBK "authentic" replica to any brand's lower-level replica, unless it's just because of devotion to the swoosh.

Probably because there weren't any other Replicas to compare them to.

I'm not sure why the numbers on the jerseys are huge this year. There was one trailer where the letters on the back nameplate were bigger (taller) than the nameplate itself. Looked pretty dumb.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Gold pants are officially back in the Redskins' style guide. Looks like they're specifically paired up with the Burgundy jerseys; White pants paired with the White jerseys.

(The sheet mentions that the pants and jerseys are interchangeable.)

They use the usual striping pattern (re: non-matching with the current uniform set), but they apparently now use the appropriate shade of Burgundy.

Gold pants are officially back in the Redskins' style guide. Looks like they're specifically paired up with the Burgundy jerseys; White pants paired with the White jerseys.

They use the usual striping pattern (re: non-matching with the current uniform set), but they apparently now use the appropriate shade of Burgundy.

Baby steps, I guess.

Far as I know, only the Panthers ("KEEP POUNDING") and Seahawks ("12") are using one.

Don't forget the Redskins throwback.

547386_10151706361200721_57460905720_24237900_212554156_n.jpg

558661_10151706360865721_57460905720_24237899_543188010_n.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Got a link or image of this? I'd love to share it with some Skins fans who are bummed about no gold pants news.

Thanks!

87Redskins.png

That is absolutely awful. NO BURGUNDY PANTS? Are you kidding me?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

That seems inconceivable to me. I pray it's not true!

That seems inconceivable to me. I pray it's not true!

1vpg-vertical.jpg

Terribly sad.

potd 10/20/12

No burgundy pants? C'mon man. White and white was sooo Zorn era. If its for one season then I'm fine with it. But, if this creeps into next season then theres gonna be alot of pissed fans in the DMV and Carolina. Just sayin.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

i wouldve been fine with the elimination of the white pants for one year over the elimination of the burgundy for a year. thats what they did the year of the 70th anniversary uniforms

No burgundy pants? C'mon man. White and white was sooo Zorn era. If its for one season then I'm fine with it. But, if this creeps into next season then theres gonna be alot of pissed fans in the DMV and Carolina. Just sayin.

I think white on white was started with Spurrier and then carried into Gibbs. Was it ever worn during Zorn?

No burgundy pants? C'mon man. White and white was sooo Zorn era..

Good thing they have gold pants, then. ;)

ColorWerx says white on white is the primary away option

potd 10/20/12

Archived