NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

1341518702' post='1839891']

I love how every Philadelphia blogger reporting the divorce of Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie is wondering if the Kelly Green will come back full-time.

Well the story is that she hated Kelly green and preferred the midnight, but I have to think that there was more behind the switch. I can't see them changing any tie as long as JL is still in charge.

From what I've read on these boards in the past, it sounds like Christina Lurie was the one who disliked it and made Jeffrey Lurie change the uniforms to midnight green. But this article from the Philadelphia Inquirer (http://www.insurancenewsnet.com/article.aspx?id=209047&type=newswires) makes it sound like they both made the decision together. I'm not a hardcore Eagles fan, so I wouldn't really know what the consensus is on the issue or if there was more to it.

Either way I agree with you, I doubt any change is going to happen.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one of the Elite jerseys in person. Not impressed at all. The shoulders are super stiff and the numbers were wrinkled and looked like absolute crap. I will miss the Reebok authentics.

Were there numerous ones there for most of the 32 teams, or was it a team shop for just one NFL club??

As soon as I saw what Nike did to many of the team-collars I was quite relieved that I had already purchased 3 authentic Reebok jerseys before the switchover.

george_wilsonnike.jpg

That's so horrible. Collar is thicker than the stripes on the arms. Wow. Bad.

Maybe I have missed it but has anyone seen the "Limited" style jerseys yet? I think that is what espnboy13 is asking about as well.

Yes thats what I was talking about, I just couldn't think of the name of them, so thank you! But I'm really curious as to when these are being unveiled. I'm sure by the time Training Camp rolls around. Also I remember a long while back it wwas reported that every team was getting some fancy shmancy slogan in the collar (we had a mega thread on everyone giving ideas IIRC), but only the Panthers and Redskins throwback (I think just them?) have been unveiled. Any word if everyone else put the kabosh to it?

When are we going to be able to buy the Limited jerseys? I keep hearing they are being pushed back.

I had heard through the grapevine that Nike sucked at delivering things/being on time/servicing licensed business, but I thought it was somewhat attributed to adidas people being salty about losing the deal. Turns out there's some truth to it.

I love Adidas, and they're our sponsor, but they are the absolute worst about delivering things on time. I guess Nike has the same problems, but Adidas people shouldn't throw stones, especially in the licensed business.

Are you talking from an equipment standpoint, merchandise or both? I don't really know much about that side of the biz, so I'm curious.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love how every Philadelphia blogger reporting the divorce of Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie is wondering if the Kelly Green will come back full-time.

I'd like it if they just brought back silver pants. Midnight green is a great color, IMO, though I'm a fan of the kelly green as well. But looking at old highlights, the silver pants were great, especially during night games.

WARNING: PLUG AHEAD

Eagles Home

Eagles Away

Eagles Third

Such a simple change would make the Eagles a timeless and truly fantastic look. It makes the whole set work better. Green and white (either way) looks somehow bland and unbalanced. The silver quiets everything on the home and makes the road look really reminiscent of the kelly era but keeping with the superior colors and logos of today.

The gray facemask ruins the whole look.

spacer.png

I'd like it if they just brought back silver pants. Midnight green is a great color, IMO, though I'm a fan of the kelly green as well. But looking at old highlights, the silver pants were great, especially during night games.

Eagles Home

Eagles Away

Eagles Third

Such a simple change would make the Eagles a timeless and truly fantastic look. It makes the whole set work better. Green and white (either way) looks somehow bland and unbalanced. The silver quiets everything on the home and makes the road look really reminiscent of the kelly era but keeping with the superior colors and logos of today.

The gray facemask ruins the whole look.

I have to disagree. Grey face masks always look good with silver or grey pants IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I hope not. That would be bad full-time. The Dolphins have always had white helmets...chrome just seems to spit at their tradition.

Probably a special one-off like that golden Jags helmet they made for the owner.

87Redskins.png

Eagles Home

Eagles Away

Eagles Third

I have to disagree. That teal/hunter green mixed-up color is just ugly. The design, especially the number font looks great. If they went with a real hunter green or back to kelly green, the uniforms would really be near perfect. Lose that hideous black jersey completely.

87Redskins.png

I saw one of the Elite jerseys in person. Not impressed at all. The shoulders are super stiff and the numbers were wrinkled and looked like absolute crap. I will miss the Reebok authentics.

Was this in the store or on a person? The reason I ask is because I've already seen quite a few people walking around with the fake elite jerseys from China.

Maybe I have missed it but has anyone seen the "Limited" style jerseys yet? I think that is what espnboy13 is asking about as well.

Yes thats what I was talking about, I just couldn't think of the name of them, so thank you! But I'm really curious as to when these are being unveiled. I'm sure by the time Training Camp rolls around. Also I remember a long while back it wwas reported that every team was getting some fancy shmancy slogan in the collar (we had a mega thread on everyone giving ideas IIRC), but only the Panthers and Redskins throwback (I think just them?) have been unveiled. Any word if everyone else put the kabosh to it?

And the Seahawks: "12".

Don't think any other teams are doing it.

Are you talking from an equipment standpoint, merchandise or both? I don't really know much about that side of the biz, so I'm curious.

Both. Schools end up getting stuff days before seasons start, in some cases after the seasons start, retailers get things weeks, in some cases months, late. One of their collegiate teams had to have their road uniforms shipped directly to an away site in a recent year because they weren't going to be able to be delivered in time for the equipment truck leaving on a Thursday. This was in week 3. It's not always on Adidas, it's suppliers, contractors, etc. But it happens at both retail and at contracted schools.

Still Nike does it too, so nobody is perfect, nor would I expect them to be. I'm a HUGE Adidas guy. But the idea that adidas/Reebok people are actually criticizing Nike for delivering something late made me laugh really hard.

Both. Schools end up getting stuff days before seasons start, in some cases after the seasons start, retailers get things weeks, in some cases months, late. One of their collegiate teams had to have their road uniforms shipped directly to an away site in a recent year because they weren't going to be able to be delivered in time for the equipment truck leaving on a Thursday. This was in week 3. It's not always on Adidas, it's suppliers, contractors, etc. But it happens at both retail and at contracted schools.

Still Nike does it too, so nobody is perfect, nor would I expect them to be. I'm a HUGE Adidas guy. But the idea that adidas/Reebok people are actually criticizing Nike for delivering something late made me laugh really hard.

It wasn't so much a criticism of Nike, but more directed toward the NFL, something along the lines of, "Fine. We'll keep our money. Nike's not doing anything better from a service standpoint, so I hope you enjoy your partnership."

That said, it does seem kind of ridiculous that you can still only get replicas a year and a half after the decision was made and a full three months after the contract officially changed hands.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Was this in the store or on a person? The reason I ask is because I've already seen quite a few people walking around with the fake elite jerseys from China.

It was on display in both the official Nike store and in a sporting goods store.

mav23.gif

It wasn't so much a criticism of Nike, but more directed toward the NFL, something along the lines of, "Fine. We'll keep our money. Nike's not doing anything better from a service standpoint, so I hope you enjoy your partnership."

That said, it does seem kind of ridiculous that you can still only get replicas a year and a half after the decision was made and a full three months after the contract officially changed hands.

I agree with that. There's absolutely no reason that shouldn't have had the whole product line ready to go on day one. Every retailer, plenty of inventory. Although, since they went three tiers of jersey, I would have planned to hold that middle tier until late August, so fans had yet something else to buy heading into the regular season. Looks like that's what happening, although that wasn't planned.

I also think their price points are a huge mistake. The lowest level jersey for $100 is going to send people flocking to counterfeiters. And shutting out smaller retailers from carrying their products has caused some of those retailers to also turn to counterfeiters.

The Reebok product had gotten stale, especially jerseys. Reebok used the lowest bidder to manufacture all three types of jersey and kept increasing the price.

Have people seen the new jerseys on people? I live in downtown Seattle and see a ton of passers by. So far, I've seen exactly two people wearing the new Seahawks jerseys in public. Granted, football season is still months away. But one would think that new logos would equal people wearing the merchandise around.

I haven't even seen hats or t-shirts. Just the two random jersey appearances (both were the home jersey).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived