NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

It wasn't so much a criticism of Nike, but more directed toward the NFL, something along the lines of, "Fine. We'll keep our money. Nike's not doing anything better from a service standpoint, so I hope you enjoy your partnership."

That said, it does seem kind of ridiculous that you can still only get replicas a year and a half after the decision was made and a full three months after the contract officially changed hands.

I agree with that. There's absolutely no reason that shouldn't have had the whole product line ready to go on day one. Every retailer, plenty of inventory. Although, since they went three tiers of jersey, I would have planned to hold that middle tier until late August, so fans had yet something else to buy heading into the regular season. Looks like that's what happening, although that wasn't planned.

I also think their price points are a huge mistake. The lowest level jersey for $100 is going to send people flocking to counterfeiters. And shutting out smaller retailers from carrying their products has caused some of those retailers to also turn to counterfeiters.

The Reebok product had gotten stale, especially jerseys. Reebok used the lowest bidder to manufacture all three types of jersey and kept increasing the price.

I really agree with you here. I really want a Broncos Peyton Manning jersey, but $100 for a dry-fit shirt is really going to be a big deal for me. I really loved when the jerseys were at the $65 price level even $75. I felt it was expensive yet somewhat fair. $100 is tough, I'd guarantee 99% of people I know up at college will be running to the counterfeits without any remorse.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have people seen the new jerseys on people? I live in downtown Seattle and see a ton of passers by. So far, I've seen exactly two people wearing the new Seahawks jerseys in public. Granted, football season is still months away. But one would think that new logos would equal people wearing the merchandise around.

I haven't even seen hats or t-shirts. Just the two random jersey appearances (both were the home jersey).

I can't speak for Seattle, but retailers here in Tennessee have told me that the new stuff, especially the jerseys, are moving slowly because of the prices. They had a rush for t-shirts when they were first available, but there is major sticker-shock over the jerseys.

Yeah... It might not be kosher to say, but I expect the second-hand market to do pretty well closer to football season.

Although the materials and fit on the Nike replicas are so much different than what Reebok was doing. Not only do I expect to see a lot of counterfeits this season -- I expect to see a lot of bad counterfeits.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Have people seen the new jerseys on people? I live in downtown Seattle and see a ton of passers by. So far, I've seen exactly two people wearing the new Seahawks jerseys in public. Granted, football season is still months away. But one would think that new logos would equal people wearing the merchandise around.

I haven't even seen hats or t-shirts. Just the two random jersey appearances (both were the home jersey).

I've seen a handful of Giants jerseys around town. But this is the heart of baseball season, so I'm not surprised they haven't made a larger splash here.

Agreed, but I put a lot of blame on the teams for that. They could easily have opted out of the Nikelace branding program.

That is, of course, absolutely true, but it really isn't surprising that teams didn't. We'd all like to think that each team spends as much time as, I guess, WE do worrying about this stuff but, the NFL and Nike both made a big deal out of this new partnership. My guess is, a lot of teams went with the "Doctor knows best" approach. Basically, hey, this is what Nike does, this is why we wanted them, they must know what they're doing, right? Well, obviously, as far as the Nikelace goes, most of us don't think so in this particular case.

I'll bet that after both Nike and the NFL get a little more used to being married, some things will adjust themselves.

Our mom and pop sports shop had an Cowboys blue authentic in size 60 on display. Much to my dislike I tried it on and I wasn't impressed with it. The stars on the sleeves that were embroidered with Reebok had that rubberized texture like the replicas do, the #'s and name were sewn on like before but it felt cheap. It was way too short and tight in the shoulder area for it to feel like a size 60 to me. For comparison I have a Redskins authentic 70th anniversary jersey and Reebok's size 60 is much roomier and longer.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Just curious - how big do you have to be to wear a size 60?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am 6 ft 2 and weigh 275, the 60 is just right if that makes sense, not too big or snug on me. I paid $350 for it 10 years ago and I could have gone smaller but for that kind of cash I would rather have it a bit too big than too small. I have some Russell athletic era Braves authentics in size 52 and they still fit, barely. My Nike Virginia Tech replica jersey is a 3X and it fits just fine.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

I am 6 ft 2 and weigh 275, the 60 is just right if that makes sense, not too big or snug on me. I paid $350 for it 10 years ago and I could have gone smaller but for that kind of cash I would rather have it a bit too big than too small. I have some Russell athletic era Braves authentics in size 52 and they still fit, barely. My Nike Virginia Tech replica jersey is a 3X and it fits just fine.

I'm a little surprised. 6'2" 275 doesn't seem that big to fit into a 60, but I guess everyone is built differently. I'd guess a 52 would be fine, especially with how oversized they are, but of course there's no research or anything behind that guess.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very true. I haven't seen a single person in our new jersey. But I have seen the elite Cowboys and Broncos worn in the city. I've seen a few of the regular Nike replicas as well and sadly a lot of fake elite jerseys (all Griffin III). I think the real elite Cowboys and Broncos jersey I saw looked really nice and fit guys a whole lot better than the baggy Reebok one.

Where in Seattle do you live?

Very true. I haven't seen a single person in our new jersey. But I have seen the elite Cowboys and Broncos worn in the city. I've seen a few of the regular Nike replicas as well and sadly a lot of fake elite jerseys (all Griffin III). I think the real elite Cowboys and Broncos jersey I saw looked really nice and fit guys a whole lot better than the baggy Reebok one.

Where in Seattle do you live?

Yeah...on the whole, fat guys are going to look way worse in the new Nike gear. Perhaps that's part of the reason I haven't seen it.

I live in Belltown and see my share of all walks of life.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived