NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Looks like the Bills could possibly be wearing there AFL throwbacks again

AFCE-Uniform-BUF.PNG

Problem is they never actually wore this jersey. The sleeve stripes are wrong. I can see how they could have made the mistake they did, but on the same token, it's not that hard to find photos. The stripes (all four of them on each sleeve) should either be blue with very fine red trim, or red with very fine blue trim. They wore both styles, but never wore jerseys with two blue stripes flanked by two red stripes. I think it looks good, but it's not correct.

Isn't that the paint-y template that JohnnySeoul aways used?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams will wear their throwbacks in week 13 against the 49ers. http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/7/25/3186894/st-louis-rams-throwback-uniforms-date

Ok, I'll play the devil's advocate. I know they show the blue/yellow Rams throwback jersey in the picture of that article, but do we know for a fact that St Louis is using this version or a different throwback from their past? It doesn't actually state which uniform in the article itself.

I wouldn't mind seeing throwbacks from the Deacon Jones days

They need to ditch the old gold and navy and return back to the royal blue and athletic gold colors for the new design and then use the 1964-1972 uniforms so we can see the 1964-1972 and then the 1973-1999 era colors together.

I never saw the Giants mismatched helmets as a problem. I liked the dark blue over royal blue combo for them - with the red, they kinda reminded me of a bruise, which as a kid I found a little intimidating. Their white set looked bad, but that was for more reasons than just the helmet. If it came out today, I'd probably pan it, but that's still the helmet I think of when I think of the Giants.

As for the Rams, I never saw them as much so while I certainly noticed, it also wasn't a big deal to me. I really liked how the navy backdrop made the horns stick out. Royal would have worked as well, but the navy was fine. I think it's not as big a deal if the helmet is a shade darker than the jersey - but it'd look terrible if it was reversed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

AFCE-Uniform-BUF.PNG

Problem is they never actually wore this jersey. The sleeve stripes are wrong. I can see how they could have made the mistake they did, but on the same token, it's not that hard to find photos. The stripes (all four of them on each sleeve) should either be blue with very fine red trim, or red with very fine blue trim. They wore both styles, but never wore jerseys with two blue stripes flanked by two red stripes. I think it looks good, but it's not correct.

Yes, I saw on Wikipedia that the NFL uniforms were done by him.

As for the Rams, I never saw them as much so while I certainly noticed, it also wasn't a big deal to me. I really liked how the navy backdrop made the horns stick out. Royal would have worked as well, but the navy was fine. I think it's not as big a deal if the helmet is a shade darker than the jersey - but it'd look terrible if it was reversed.

Please don't give anyone ideas.

(Image)

Nope.

leodis-mcKelvin.opnh-4580-mid.jpg

AFCE-Uniform-BUF.PNG

Yes, I saw on Wikipedia that the NFL uniforms were done by him.

Just in case you needed another reason to be skeptical of wikipedia...

(Image)

Nope.

Dude - he meant that the Bills never wore that uniform back in the day (i.e. 1964-1974); it was only worn as a screwed-up Reebok throwback for the AFL's 50th season. The real Bills jerseys were as andrewarrington says - either all blue with very thin "feathering" outlines or all red with very thin blue "feathering" outlines (the red version was only worn in 1973 and 1974 if I'm remembering correctly).

(Image)

Nope.

That picture is the same throwback, and the Bills never wore that uniform in their history, except as a bogus throwback, which is my point. The actual uniforms looked like this:

Red with blue trim on the sleeve stripes:

5262108.jpg

Blue with red trim on the sleeve stripes:

4766174.jpg

Now, on first inspection of the bottom photo, you can see how someone might deduce that the middle two stripes were blue and the outer two stripes were red, as the Bills did when they created the throwback. Upon closer inspection, though, you can see it's just the visual effect of the red trim bleeding to the foreground that creates that illusion from a distance:

61225c_lg.jpeg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not looking forward to the debut of the Nike toliet seat collar on the Bills and Chargers Home uniforms...and then the subsequent pimp collars of Minnesota, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincy, St. Louis, Denver, Miami(whites), Washington (Whites)...am I missing anyone? So many teams screwed up and consciously chose this blocked flywire collar. Ridiculous.

I would be completely in love with the Bills uniform if they dropped the blocked collar or went back to the traditional one. I can live with the goofed up socks and belt loop covering the pant stripes.

48ad066aa1dd11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

Not sure if this was ever posted but according to this article every team is working with Nike on either an Alternate or Throwback option.

It does state that even though each team is working with Nike on options that not every team will actually wear a 3rd option.

(Image)

Nope.

(Image)

That picture is the same throwback, and the Bills never wore that uniform in their history, except as a bogus throwback, which is my point. The actual uniforms looked like this:

Red with blue trim on the sleeve stripes:

(Image)

Blue with red trim on the sleeve stripes:

(Image)

Now, on first inspection of the bottom photo, you can see how someone might deduce that the middle two stripes were blue and the outer two stripes were red, as the Bills did when they created the throwback. Upon closer inspection, though, you can see it's just the visual effect of the red trim bleeding to the foreground that creates that illusion from a distance:

(Image)

Okay, didn't understand that you were referring to the original uni. In that case, then yes, that's a very poor job by the Bills of not getting that right. I always wondered why the striping on the home and road AFL throwbacks were different...turns out they shouldn't have been.

How are the socks goofed up?

Actually, the socks he is wearing in the picture are as they should be. I don't know if those are just the ones the Bills started wearing midseason or the new Nike version. Hopefully it's the Nike version and the styleguide is wrong. The socks he's wearing are what the Bills should wear. Two white stripes with navy and red outlines, surrounded by blue. Just like on the jersey sleeves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not looking forward to the debut of the Nike toliet seat collar on the Bills and Chargers Home uniforms...and then the subsequent pimp collars of Minnesota, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincy, St. Louis, Denver, Miami(whites), Washington (Whites)...am I missing anyone? So many teams screwed up and consciously chose this blocked flywire collar. Ridiculous.

I would be completely in love with the Bills uniform if they dropped the blocked collar or went back to the traditional one. I can live with the goofed up socks and belt loop covering the pant stripes.

48ad066aa1dd11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

I like the Seahawks uniform less every time I see it, but it would still be improved at least a little if they'd go with the silver pants. I know they showed navy over silver as an option, but why do I get the feeling we're gonna see this monoturd 90% of the time at home?

That new Seahawks uniform is still awesome. Top 5 look in the league, IMO.

New Seahawk uniforms suck. Worse than what they used to have. Dark logo on even darker helmet. Blue on blue again. Horizonal stripes on jerseys. Bring back classic royal blue, green and silver. There was nothing wrong with those original uniform colors.......

That new Seahawks uniform is still awesome. Top 5 look in the league, IMO.

New Seahawk uniforms suck. Worse than what they used to have. Dark logo on even darker helmet. Blue on blue again. Horizonal stripes on jerseys. Bring back classic royal blue, green and silver. There was nothing wrong with those original uniform colors.......

I agree. In my mind, the only thing bad about their last uniforms was their insistance on wearing monochrome, home and road. Use different colors pants with each jersey and it would have been much better. Still, the Seahawks have gotten worse each time they redesigned their uniforms. Seeing as Nike designed this to be as garish and flash-in-the-pan-y as possible, they will be switching to new uniforms (even if they keep the logo and helmet) in exactly five years, when the NFL allows them to next switch. If they keep up their trend, I can't even imagine how terrible those uniforms will look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived