NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

That new Seahawks uniform is still awesome. Top 5 look in the league, IMO.

Disagree. They're a mess.

Anyhow, the Bills shouldn't wear any variation of their AFL throwbacks as alternates. Their current set looks enough like the AFL look that throwing back to the AFL look itself would come across as pointless. Alternates should be instantly recognizable as being different from the primary set.

Instead I'd like to see the Bills go with the Kelly-era design (Champion numbers and all, if possible) if they insist on having a throwback.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are finally in agreement on something. I love those uniforms especially in monochrome.

Favorite Home look:

nike-seahawks-uniforms-03.jpg

Favorite Away Look:

seattle-seahawks-new-nfl-uniforms-hollywoodgrind-24.jpg

spacer.png

New Seahawk uniforms suck. Worse than what they used to have. Dark logo on even darker helmet. Blue on blue again. Horizonal stripes on jerseys. Bring back classic royal blue, green and silver. There was nothing wrong with those original uniform colors.......

I agree. In my mind, the only thing bad about their last uniforms was their insistance on wearing monochrome, home and road. Use different colors pants with each jersey and it would have been much better. Still, the Seahawks have gotten worse each time they redesigned their uniforms. Seeing as Nike designed this to be as garish and flash-in-the-pan-y as possible, they will be switching to new uniforms (even if they keep the logo and helmet) in exactly five years, when the NFL allows them to next switch. If they keep up their trend, I can't even imagine how terrible those uniforms will look.

Why on earth do they keep coming out with this dark monochome stuff ??? The majority of the fans hate it. Even in the design contests before these uniforms came out most of the fanbase were suggesting the old colors with the new logo. That would be a great looking uniform. So what happened to the Seahawk Blue color that they claimed everyone would love to wear ??????

First look (that I've seen at least) of the Saints' gold pants. This is a nola.com gallery titled "Sunday Night Football Photo Shoot" (assume it's the HOF game). Dear God, can it be? The golds appear to match! (Well, better than they have in the past.) Included some closeups of the jerseys too. Still hate the collars. Shoulder numbers look bigger and the swoosh placement is awkward at best.

tempDSC_0279--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0091--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0209--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0061--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0097--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0247--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

tempDSC_0224--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

If they did two things - fix the collars and make the pants stripes b/w/b (OR take the white out of the helmet stripe) - I'd be satisfied with this look forever.

Edit: Actually, three things...do the wordmark (like in my avatar) on the helmet bumper.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If the Saints were going to match their golds, they picked the wrong one to go with IMO. The darker / bronzier color was better for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not looking forward to the debut of the Nike toliet seat collar on the Bills and Chargers Home uniforms...and then the subsequent pimp collars of Minnesota, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincy, St. Louis, Denver, Miami(whites), Washington (Whites)...am I missing anyone? So many teams screwed up and consciously chose this blocked flywire collar. Ridiculous.

I would be completely in love with the Bills uniform if they dropped the blocked collar or went back to the traditional one. I can live with the goofed up socks and belt loop covering the pant stripes.

48ad066aa1dd11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

I like the Seahawks uniform less every time I see it, but it would still be improved at least a little if they'd go with the silver pants. I know they showed navy over silver as an option, but why do I get the feeling we're gonna see this monoturd 90% of the time at home?

I'm afraid of the upcoming continuation of the monochome look also. If you notice, the blue jerseys and blue pant combo is the only one where there is a balance of green togather on the pants and jerseys. The white and grey pants do not have green on them nor does the grey or white jerseys. Will look odd if they mix and match blue pants with white jerseys with green only on one pants or jerseys. I believe it is purposely designed to wear blue on blue again.

During the live broadcast of training camp on the eagles website, it was said that the Eagles are going to wear the black jersey this year...but the exact game wasn't said.

I know it isn't much, no link to it....just thought I'd share.

My guess is Week 12 on Monday night vs the panthers. They usually never wore them until after the bye and not against division opponents. Second guess would be Thurday night week 15 against the Bengals...the eagles wore black the last time they played on thursday (08 vs ARI on Thanksgiving) and the last time the played the bengals at home (in 04)

Actually they have worn the black jerseys against a division opponent. The Eagles wore the alternate black against the Redskins in 2009 and against the Giants before.

Since 2006 the Eagles have only worn the black jerseys once a year and for the last home game in November. If the trend holds the Panthers game would also be my guess.

I stand corrected, I forgot they did against Washington. But they didnt wear them in 2007 (1933 Blue/yellow throwback), 2010 (1960 Kelly Green throwback), and 2011 (No alternate jersey worn)

If the Saints were going to match their golds, they picked the wrong one to go with IMO. The darker / bronzier color was better for them.

Agreed.

I'm with you guys. The bronzier gold works much better for the Saints.

Plus the collars just look terrible. There's no way someone looked at them and thought "Perfect! Just what some NFL teams needed!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Anybody know what's up with the release of the Limited jerseys? I was holding out on buying an RGIII jersey until they were released, but I can't see that they actually exist yet for every team. Are they just rolling them out slowly? Are some teams just not getting them?

It's August....... and those collars are STILL hideous!

Just an FYI...it's July.

I see no problem with the collars. Are they different? yes. But there's no rule that says a collar has to wrap all the way around. Look at the NBA, teams like the Heat and Lakers have had collars that don't wrap around and people don't even notice anymore.

First look (that I've seen at least) of the Saints' gold pants. This is a nola.com gallery titled "Sunday Night Football Photo Shoot" (assume it's the HOF game). Dear God, can it be? The golds appear to match! (Well, better than they have in the past.) Included some closeups of the jerseys too. Still hate the collars. Shoulder numbers look bigger and the swoosh placement is awkward at best.

[Buncha photos]

If they did two things - fix the collars and make the pants stripes b/w/b (OR take the white out of the helmet stripe) - I'd be satisfied with this look forever.

Edit: Actually, three things...do the wordmark (like in my avatar) on the helmet bumper.

Use the wordmark on the collar in addition to the other 2 ideas you suggested and I'm happy.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's August....... and those collars are STILL hideous!

Just an FYI...it's July.

I see no problem with the collars. Are they different? yes. But there's no rule that says a collar has to wrap all the way around. Look at the NBA, teams like the Heat and Lakers have had collars that don't wrap around and people don't even notice anymore.

I'm in the same boat. I think people in general just don't like change. These new collars aren't anywhere near as horrible as people are making them out to be. I've yet to hear any NFL players complain about (especially the diva WR's out there that care more about looking good than playing). These will grow on people and the complaints will eventually disappear. Well, maybe not on here. lol ^_^

The new collars wouldn't be that bad if the flywire part below was the same color. Not the entire piece, like the Texans did (which results in an absurdly thick collar), but just the gimmicky wire parts. It'd still look odd, but at least look like an extension of the neck roll.

Someone with Photoshop or Illustrator, please mock this up. Go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The new collars wouldn't be that bad if the flywire part below was the same color. Not the entire piece, like the Texans did (which results in an absurdly thick collar), but just the gimmicky wire parts. It'd still look odd, but at least look like an extension of the neck roll.

Someone with Photoshop or Illustrator, please mock this up. Go.

If anything, I think most teams will take the Detroit Lions approach for 2013.

I think the broken collar looks bad on most, if not all uniforms. The Texans looks better than the broken ones. I wonder if (for example) how it would look like on the Bucs collar if the stripes of fly wire would be black on the broken collar how it would look...or would it look like tiger stripes? Maybe the Bengals should do that???

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived