NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Exactly. They are Nike pants so it could be glimpse of what's to come. I doubt they'd make new pants just for practice

They might. Teams use practice helmets and practice jerseys.

The equipment manager might have ordered the white/orange pants just for blue-jersey wearing QBs in practice because it looks better. With the amount of coverage that was expected, the equipment manager may just want his guys to look good instead of mismatched.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. They are Nike pants so it could be glimpse of what's to come. I doubt they'd make new pants just for practice

They might. Teams use practice helmets and practice jerseys.

The equipment manager might have ordered the white/orange pants just for blue-jersey wearing QBs in practice because it looks better. With the amount of coverage that was expected, the equipment manager may just want his guys to look good instead of mismatched.

That's what I thought and that might be it.

Go A's!

Not looking forward to the debut of the Nike toliet seat collar on the Bills and Chargers Home uniforms...and then the subsequent pimp collars of Minnesota, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincy, St. Louis, Denver, Miami(whites), Washington (Whites)...am I missing anyone? So many teams screwed up and consciously chose this blocked flywire collar. Ridiculous.

I would be completely in love with the Bills uniform if they dropped the blocked collar or went back to the traditional one. I can live with the goofed up socks and belt loop covering the pant stripes.

48ad066aa1dd11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

I don't like the idea where they are going with the collars or the idea. The Nike flywire collar seems to be a little atrocious to be honest.

I see no problem with the collars. Are they different? yes. But there's no rule that says a collar has to wrap all the way around. Look at the NBA, teams like the Heat and Lakers have had collars that don't wrap around and people don't even notice anymore.

First off, the NBA collars look like garbage. I have been saying for years that teams need to bring back actual basketball templates with cuffs around the neck and shoulders. Having piping on those areas is ridiculous, even more so when it suddenly turns into an inch-thick stripe behind the neck. It looks crappy in the NBA, and this NFL look is FAR worse. First off, this collar is inexplicably two times thicker than the NBA collar. Also, instead of just going around the back, these come to the shoulder blades and then suddenly stop. There are so many things wrong with these, it's not even funny.

1) Giant collar being there to begin with.

2) Giant collar taking up space on an already shrunken jersey.

3) Collar inexplicably stopping.

4) Giant neck hole to show off shoulder pads underneath.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned #4. On a respectable jersey, the entire collar would fit within the area that is the current neck hole. But, if they just have to do the giant neck hole (which they don't), they shouldn't combine it with the giant collar, making the jerseys look horrendous and even more cluttered.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The NBA collars aren't that bad because you don't really see the colored part when you're looking straight on, and it starts more naturally at a seam. It is kind of dumb though, but really not offensive - unlike the NFL jerseys where it's right in your face every time you see a player.

I really like the wishbone template - there's not much "evolving" for a basketball jersey, so that was a nice update from the tried-and-true templates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NBA collars aren't that bad because you don't really see the colored part when you're looking straight on, and it starts more naturally at a seam. It is kind of dumb though, but really not offensive - unlike the NFL jerseys where it's right in your face every time you see a player.

I really like the wishbone template - there's not much "evolving" for a basketball jersey, so that was a nice update from the tried-and-true templates.

I agree. I actually like the collars( assuming you're talking about the heat/lakers type) and you explained it perfectly about it unnaturally cutting off. It looks SLIGHTLY better on the bigger padded players in the saints pics as opposed to breed because it cuts off higher whereas his hangs really low and looks even worse. Very frustrating.

The Bears aren't.

557540_10151975478415721_456308972_n.jpg

The Broncos are, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Something I just discovered yesterday...

The Cowboys (read: Nike) made a small, but significant change to the Cowboys' color palette - the metallic "Silver Blue" used only in the helmets (as opposed to the Silver-Green home pants, and a more standard Silver used for the road pants and uniform elements) has been eliminated.

The helmets are now the standard Silver - which also had been changed for 2012.

It's confusing, but the Cowboys only have two different Silvers now...it's getting better...

I'll post more detail when I'm home tonight.

Chargers Elite jersey from Nike's site:

NFL-San-Diego-Chargers-Philip-Rivers-Mens-Football-Home-Elite-Jersey-468905_422_A_BODY.jpg?resMode=sharp&wid=326&hei=580&fmt=png-alpha&

Chargers Elite jersey from the Chargers store:

90108174.jpg

Bolts on the shoulders are seriously skinny. Collars look more ridiculous in real life. Pass on these monstrosities.

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

JENNY DIXON WILL YOU MARRY ME?

I'd like to know why that Bills alt is a white jersey. Since when do NFL squads do throwbacks on the road (besides special occasions like the AFL duds a few years back)?

You do know NFL teams are allowed to wear white at home, right?

lol +1

Right, but how often does that actually happen for throwbacks? Besides the Skins old duds a few years back (new ones are color, too) and the special occasion AFL year, nearly all introduced throwbacks are color (even the Cowboys). I don't think that was a crazy question.

I'd like to know why that Bills alt is a white jersey. Since when do NFL squads do throwbacks on the road (besides special occasions like the AFL duds a few years back)?

I like it .... and I'll explain why it's probably being done.

We wore the home blue throwbacks from 2005-2010 ... when we wore the all-white throwbacks in 2009 for AFL-50 in the HOF game vs TEN (in 1960 Oiler unis), at NE, and at TEN (with their Oilers unis again) the BILLS got rave reviews in WNY and nationwide, and for all us BILLS fans from pre-1974 there's an overwhelming amount of us who still love the '62-'73 grazing Bison logo ...

Also, from 1962 - 1973 the BILLS never wore their all-white road uniforms for a home game. So wearing those all-white throwbacks at home will make history and give the old-timers and post 1973 fans a chance to see them in real-time at the Ralph.

In 2005 we wore the home blue throwbacks at home against Houston, and on the road at Tampa Bay who had chose to wear their all white for that game.

My guess is that the throwbacks will be worn for one home game and one road game (probably the opener at the NYJ), if the Jets elect to wear green that is .. Word is out that Buffalo will be wearing white with blue pants hereshoping.gif for most road games this season.

09000d5d812a1f90_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

I like their throwback duds with the old logo, but I do feel they are too similar to the new ones to warrant being worn. I think some throwbacks to the Flutie era could have been cool. Though, I will admit that the blue pants are gonna be sweet with their away set. Really looking forward to that one!

NFL-San-Diego-Chargers-Philip-Rivers-Mens-Football-Home-Elite-Jersey-468905_422_A_BODY.jpg?resMode=sharp&wid=326&hei=580&fmt=png-alpha&

I realize it's just a mock-up, but why is there a non-italicized version of the Chargers' wordmark on that jersey? Does that exist in real life anywhere?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I realize it's just a mock-up, but why is there a non-italicized version of the Chargers' wordmark on that jersey? Does that exist in real life anywhere?

the nike version only accentuates what a horrible job was done with the chargers redesign...their old uniforms were by far superior in every facet

Seeing the Saints pants match the jersey is a good thing, but it's still way off compared to the helmet. It worries me as to what the Bucs pants will look like. Hopefully they're still shiny like the old ones.

I'm not so sure. ColorWerx can probably confirm but I think they changed the helmet color slightly this year. It seems lighter. It may not be a perfect match but it's probably better than before. On the bright side, we'll see Sunday night.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If the Saints were going to match their golds, they picked the wrong one to go with IMO. The darker / bronzier color was better for them.

Agreed.

I'm with you guys. The bronzier gold works much better for the Saints.

Plus the collars just look terrible. There's no way someone looked at them and thought "Perfect! Just what some NFL teams needed!"

We can send a man to the moon and make uniforms that are 45% lighter, but somehow we can't make metallic pants anymore. Those pants look like crap. Can't wait for the Saints to play the Lions so the khaki vs. gray matchup can cure my insomnia.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

If the Saints were going to match their golds, they picked the wrong one to go with IMO. The darker / bronzier color was better for them.

Agreed.

I'm with you guys. The bronzier gold works much better for the Saints.

Plus the collars just look terrible. There's no way someone looked at them and thought "Perfect! Just what some NFL teams needed!"

We can send a man to the moon and make uniforms that are 45% lighter, but somehow we can't make metallic pants anymore. Those pants look like crap. Can't wait for the Saints to play the Lions so the khaki vs. gray matchup can cure my insomnia.

I'll bet we could even send a man to the moon IN a uniform that's 45% lighter. If we wanted to. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Something I just discovered yesterday...

The Cowboys (read: Nike) made a small, but significant change to the Cowboys' color palette - the metallic "Silver Blue" used only in the helmets (as opposed to the Silver-Green home pants, and a more standard Silver used for the road pants and uniform elements) has been eliminated.

The helmets are now the standard Silver - which also had been changed for 2012.

It's confusing, but the Cowboys only have two different Silvers now...it's getting better...

I'll post more detail when I'm home tonight.

That's too bad. The old metallic silver-blue that, at one time, seemed to be the only silver/gray/whatever they used (70's maybe?) was their best choice, IMO.

Archived