NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Not really. His hands are balled up and he's smiling on the right.

Trust me I saw both Nike and Reebok jerseys in a store last weekend side by side, and the Nike is THAT much better. About to the extent that the photo shows.

There's no comparison of how much better the Nike jersey looks. Sad part is that there are people here that hate anything with a swoosh on it.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is helpful:

Jersey-Comparison.jpg

You're a month or two late with that one... there was even a debate about the picture being skewed! "The guys face on one picture looks fatter".

You mean the guy's face looks fatter when he smiles versus him not smiling? Seriously? The pic is not skewed.

Everything on the left is longer; fingers, hands, forearms, neck, nose, ears, forehead, etc. Either we're looking at a set of very similar but not quite identical twins, or the photo has been altered.

Yep. No other options. :rolleyes: I mean, the guy is obviously standing the exact same distance away from the camera, right?

It's pretty obvious it is the same guy, wearing two different jerseys, with the photos taken at slightly different locations/angles.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That's a good post, glad someone did that.

That is what bothered me about the Reebok replicas. I fit between and XL and L basically. The XL sleeves were too long and so was the bottom. The L was tighter around the torso.

I'm glad someone posted that comparison, looks nicer.

And it works too, because now that Winslow got traded I need a new Bucs jersey. I checked some stores and found no semblance of Reebok jerseys at all. Was part of this deal to take them all and burn them? No discount racks or anything. Seems hard to find online even.

The Bucs one didn't change much at all, and I wanted Blount, so I could have gotten the Reebok one which would be cheaper, but it seems they are really hard to find.

2ly2w09.jpg

It's a bit odd how much smaller the front numbers are, isn't it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Trust me I saw both Nike and Reebok jerseys in a store last weekend side by side, and the Nike is THAT much better. About to the extent that the photo shows.

His hands are in the exact same positions. The reason his hands are taller in the one photo is because it's stretched. The faces are similar widths, so the distance from the camera isn't an issue.

There's no comparison of how much better the Nike jersey looks. Sad part is that there are people here that hate anything with a swoosh on it.

I've already posted my assessment of the Nike jerseys. It's an improvement in some areas, flat in others. The sizing is still too large. People who wear a size small t-shirt are still out of luck with the Nike jerseys.

It's a bit odd how much smaller the front numbers are, isn't it?

I believe they are supposed to be, Reebok just never cared enough to make it accurate.

The Reebok numbers are actually the appropriate size (they should be about 10" tall on the front). The problem is, neither Reebok nor Nike find it economically feasible to use the correct rear numerals on the jerseys (they should be larger, and for most teams, slightly different in shape than the front numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

His hands are in the exact same positions. Thge reason his hands are taller in the one photo is because it's stretched.

No, it's not stretched. And his hands aren't in the exact same positions. 0-for-2.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know people might think I'm an idiot for saying this, but I think the Flywire makes the jerseys look 100x better

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I went to Nike Town SF over the weekend and they had the new Nike jerseys, they are 1000000x better than the Reebok jerseys

>>>>>>

Exactly what made these Nike jerseys 1000000x better than the Reebok??

Did you check out and try on all versions, or only the replica??

I have Reebok in the BILLS 2011 authentic version, and also both the white and blue throwbacks AFL-50 in 2009. I'm very happy with all mine. I have yet to see or try on the Nike's, so I'm wondering what your reasons are that you seem to like them so much better??

The thick white collar on the blue Nike's annoy me ... doesn't looks too bad on the white away jersey.

The Reebok authentic jerseys, the stitched on numbers on the players jerseys were always larger in the rear than in the front, whereas the replica version (I don't have a photo of one) were always the larger size in both the front and back as they heat-applied them.

frontofjersey.jpg

tb_13rearblue.jpg

stevie_fr-tback_white.jpg

tb_13frontblue.jpg

I have an authentic reebok jersey from a couple years back, and it's about the same quality as Nike's replica.

Then it is likely that your Reebok "authentic" was either a chinese knock-off, or you're the most unlucky person in the world when it comes to purchasing jerseys.

I understand the argument that the Nike replicas are better than the Reebok versions (I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it), but IMO, comparing a RBK authentic to a Nike replica is silly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

reebok looks like pee wee or junior high uniforms (aside from the stitched lettering)

Yet I can't recall anyone saying that about their authentics for the 10 years that they had the contract. Yes, the cuts (specifically the sleeves) left a little to be desired, but the mesh and the shoulders were pretty tough, and (at least on the ones I've handled) the patches and sewn numbers were very tough as well.

My suspission is that this is a case of "there's something new, so the old thing was the worst thing ever". I just don't think that it's reasonable to compare a RBK "authentic" replica to any brand's lower-level replica, unless it's just because of devotion to the swoosh.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I complained about the quality of Reebok's authentics for years. Mostly the mu'umu'u fit, but also the quality of materials and the sometimes-haphazard sewing.

I have no particular "devotion to the swoosh" (quite the opposite; I hate 90% of their college designs and think what they did to the Seahawks is an utter shame), and haven't been able to do any real examination of the Game jerseys, but on its face the claim doesn't seem that outrageous.

It's pretty outrageous. If anything, the new solid polyester Nike replicas remind me of those old Hutch replicas you could get in the Sears or J.C. Penney catalog. The ones that came with the pants and cheap helmets. The mesh body Reebok did was better, in my opinion, and the mesh body is the only reason that the screen printing on Reebok jerseys was cruddy. Mesh just isn't the most optimum surface for printing. The print technique and quality isn't that far off between the Nike and Reebok product, just the surfaces they are printed on (you can compare the prints on the sleeves of the two jerseys, which were both done on solid material, and they are very similar), and Nike still didn't use the correct numerals for the jersey backs. The sizing is still too large, and so on. It all comes down to, if I want an authentic, I understand I'm going to have to shell out for it, but if I am going to buy a crappy, screen printed jersey, I'd rather save $30 doing so, because clearly I dont give that much of a hoot about what I'm wearing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived