Buffalo Bills Concept

dsaline97

While I like the Bills current logo and think it looks nice, I think it looks very outdated as well. There are a number of teams who have modernized their classic logos and made them work (Cardinals, Falcons, Lions, Seahawks, Dolphins, Panthers). That's what my goal was here. The buffalo head from their 2002 logo was very nice looking, so I took inspiration from that and combined it with body elements to make an all new helmet logo.

Uniforms will come after I perfect this logo. I like what I have so far for those.

Buffalo.png

Note: I made this logo before seeing it somewhere (I don't know if it was a thread here or on another site).

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

No, the buffalo head is from that logo. I combined it with the current ones body.

I'm sayin somebody else might have had the same idea I did when I made this, because it's not unusual for two people to feel the same way about a logo.

spacer.png

Note: I made this logo before seeing it somewhere (I don't know if it was a thread here or on another site).

Wait a minute... You made this logo then later saw a logo rendered in the exact same way, afterwards?

You're not fooling anyone...

fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

Don't think he's trying to fool anyone. He already explained.

It's a good concept, and when you really look at the Bills current unis, this fits better.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Like I said, it's not unusual for multiple people to have a similar idea about something without seeing each others work. That being said, the shape/size in many areas of mine are completely different from yours.

spacer.png

Hey, I recognize this logo!

BuffaloWhiteLargeWM.png

BuffaloBlueLargeWM.png

<_<

Hey, not to go OT or 'threadjack' the 'concept-jackers' thread - but I love these!!! I dont know how I have never seen these before, but fantastic job on them.

canada.png

I'm gonna side with the OP here. While he clearly had the same idea somebody else already had, the details of the logos are very different, and he cearly did not steal someone else's work. I think this is a great idea, but I will say that if you modernize the head, you need to do something to the legs/hooves as well, whether it be added shading or simply re-shaping them to be a bit more lifelike.

Looking at these side by side its pretty obvious that you were "heavily influenced" *cough cough* traced/copied/borrowed/stole *cough cough* his logo. The only differences I saw were the removal of the white outlines (surrounding the body & around the center red stripe), front legs are extremely bent compared to the original. and the spot at the neckline (you removed a tiny indent). I feel like all you did her was take a logo and make it crappy :P

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Looking at these side by side its pretty obvious that you were "heavily influenced" *cough cough* traced/copied/borrowed/stole *cough cough* his logo. The only differences I saw were the removal of the white outlines (surrounding the body & around the center red stripe), front legs are extremely bent compared to the original. and the spot at the neckline (you removed a tiny indent). I feel like all you did her was take a logo and make it crappy :P

No I have to side with the OP.

Two Different renderings of the same idea. Both NOT original work. And I don't think either are claiming it to be original. They BOTH just combined two logos for concepts.

And the OP did not trace that other logo. It was the same idea, but not a trace. Nothing too original about either or. But I don't think the OP did anything wrong or stole any logos. He cited what he did, and didn't claim it was his rendering or that the body or head were original.

Everyone needs to calm down. The concept looks great and wasn't " stolen.". Is it stealing when someone slightly tweaks a real team's logo? That's all he did. Great job too.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

No I have to side with the OP.

Two Different renderings of the same idea. Both NOT original work. And I don't think either are claiming it to be original. They BOTH just combined two logos for concepts.

And the OP did not trace that other logo. It was the same idea, but not a trace. Nothing too original about either or. But I don't think the OP did anything wrong or stole any logos. He cited what he did, and didn't claim it was his rendering or that the body or head were original.

Reguardless what you think I still call BS.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Buffalo.png

BuffaloWhiteLargeWM.png

The DSaline and Heitert logos side by side. I don't think I'm capable of judgement on this one, I've always been on the side of "it's not that big of a deal" even when that's a minority position, but I know when I saw that logo, it certainly looked familiar.

I'm really interested to see what the rest of the board thinks of this, and whether or not we can get a united position on whether or not this kind of thing is ok

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

BillsEquation.png

And here is my original thread. You can see the evolution of the logo. Make the call for yourselves.

Just to add, I got a lot of C&C saying that I needed to further arch the back to make it look bigger and make the head smaller. So compare that to the original concept I had and make the call for yourself. I'm not accusing the OP per se, I just want to know what others think...

P.S. Thanks Blitz! These are among my favorite logos I've ever done.

Both of u basically copied the head from the official unused logo and the body of the current logo and then just tweaked a few things here and there. So I would say even if they are similar both of you just had the same idea. If anyone copied anyone (although I personally don't think anyone did) it's a copy from the actual bills logos.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Both of u basically copied the head from the official unused logo and the body of the current logo and then just tweaked a few things here and there. So I would say even if they are similar both of you just had the same idea. If anyone copied anyone (although I personally don't think anyone did) it's a copy from the actual bills logos.

Exactly. Both are essentially copying an existing logo, and adding something to it from another logo. Nothing worth accusing another poster of stealing.

bingo.

By the way, dsaline97, when I called you out the first time I was assuming that you were trying to take credit for the head portion of the logo. Nothing against you, it's just that certain member(s) around here can't seem to understand the difference between using a pre-existing logo in a design and creating a new, original logo.

For what it's worth, I really like the idea behind the concept (probably why it's been done 20 times before :P) Just needs a little cleaing up, particularly the chin area.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived