UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

...and this is why seeding the hosts automatically in Pot A is stupid. Seed them where they should be, but still ensure they'll be drawn into Group A (and D).

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Good thing we'll be seeing less co-hosts for Euro once were at 24 teams. Mixing up the good and bad more.

Also if you haven't done so, join the Euro Bracket Madness group.

Password - ccslc

The world rankings have not that much to do with tournament seedlings. Yes hosts shouldn't necessarily be seeded, but seedlings are also based off previous tournament performance and qualifying performances.

Incidentally I hope the inevitable racism stories shame Polish and Ukranian, and other Eastern European societies, into addressing the racism they have.

(It's ironic though that the Daily Mail, purveyors of casual racism and other forms of small time prejudice, should get themselves into such a lather about this!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the announcer ESPN has for soccer... I should know his name, but I don't. He went wild for that goal. It was outstanding.

Ian Darke, and I agree with you. Love his energy and his love for the game.

Bad times for the Greeks, Sokratis Papastathopoulos just got a VERY soft red card. Two yellows, neither of which should have been IMO.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Greece should have been awarded a penalty there yet they get a yellow card. Gotta feel bad for them.

Yeah, I don't think their guy should've been tossed. Does FIFA have the power to rescind cards/suspensions like the NBA can take back technicals?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Greece should have been awarded a penalty there yet they get a yellow card. Gotta feel bad for them.

Yeah, I don't think their guy should've been tossed. Does FIFA have the power to rescind cards/suspensions like the NBA can take back technicals?

Yes they do. Teams can appeal the automatic suspension.

1zqy8ok.gif

The issue is if it's a foul, they won't change a card. And both were fouls, if not a card.

And Ian Darke is a great commentator. He's even better at boxing, don't suppose he gets to do much of that now!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This ref is the absolute worst.

The penalty was spot on, and it's hard not to send a keeper off in that situation, having denied a goalscoring opportunity. Though it was a bit of a nothing red card again.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This ref is the absolute worst.

The penalty was spot on, and it's hard not to send a keeper off in that situation, having denied a goalscoring opportunity. Though it was a bit of a nothing red card again.

I thought it was a little harsh. What else could Szczęsny do, Salpingidis just essentially tripped over his leg, after Szczęsny put himself in the position to make the save.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived