UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

I thought you were American.

Americans root for where their families are from. It's like Miami sports fans on a world stage.

Yeah, but using we when referring to a country you're not a citizen of is a bit excessive.

I'm actually Canadian, but I'm of German heritage and I'm cheering for them. What's wrong with that?

you used we to refer to a country that's not were you were born or where you live

Honest question, why do you care?

Definitely disappointed in the Irish today. I knew Spain is an awesome team, but I was hoping maybe the score would be closer to 2-0 or so. Definitely hope they can get something out of the Italy game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jAEpW.png

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

"So you're saying there's a chance..."

Very unlikely that Oranje's gonna make it out, (especially with the form that they've displayed over the 1st two matches.) but as long as they've got a shot, anything can happen.

I think we can do it. There form yeah, hasn't been great over a full 90. But it has been there in spurts. I think we're going to make it a living hell for Portugal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

New.Era, i'm fully on board with you. If they can just find a way to knock it into the back of the net and finish those runs properly then Holland will be going through.

Portugal is not playing their best football either. Ronaldo is almost invisible out there, they need to take advantage of that.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I have to admit, that picture is funny.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

jAEpW.png

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

Very unlikely that Oranje's gonna make it out, (especially with the form that they've displayed over the 1st two matches.) but as long as they've got a shot, anything can happen.

I think we can do it. There form yeah, hasn't been great over a full 90. But it has been there in spurts. I think we're going to make it a living hell for Portugal.

It's likely Germany beats Denmark, so it will more than likely come down to the Portugal v Holland game, and the big question then is can Holland stop Portugal scoring? Because.if they can't it makes the Dutch team's job much harder. My guess is the Dutch team that ended the Germany game will start the Portugal game, they looked far more likely in the second half of that game. But they still need to organise themselves at the back.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I thought you were American.

Americans root for where their families are from. It's like Miami sports fans on a world stage.

Yeah, but using we when referring to a country you're not a citizen of is a bit excessive.

I'm actually Canadian, but I'm of German heritage and I'm cheering for them. What's wrong with that?

you used we to refer to a country that's not were you were born or where you live

Honest question, why do you care?

This. Members on this board worry way too much about other people's allegiances. I'm of 100% German ancestry, I will root for Germany, I will say we, and I will enjoy every snarky remark Ballack makes in retaliation to Lalas being an a-hole.

jAEpW.png

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

It's likely Germany beats Denmark, so it will more than likely come down to the Portugal v Holland game, and the big question then is can Holland stop Portugal scoring? Because.if they can't it makes the Dutch team's job much harder. My guess is the Dutch team that ended the Germany game will start the Portugal game, they looked far more likely in the second half of that game. But they still need to organise themselves at the back.

By axing Willems and bringing in Bouma or Boulahrouz. I think that makes the back much more formidable.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

jAEpW.png

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

You do have to remember, though, Germany wins the group simply with a draw. It's not like they need a win by any stretch of the imagination.

6fQjS3M.png

jAEpW.png

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

You do have to remember, though, Germany wins the group simply with a draw. It's not like they need a win by any stretch of the imagination.

Yea, but they are Germans, so not likely to sit back. Unless of course they want to do over the Dutch, by playing out a draw?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Quite the game in Kiev, England come back to win 3-2 and eliminate the Swedish. Only a draw required now against the Ukrainians and England are through :)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Good job by the English today, but they usually make it through the group stage. Let's see how far they advance - I'd love to see an English Euro championship.

Oh yess get in England!

Thrilling game and great spirit to come back!

Theo Walcott needs to start next game!

There is something to be said, though for bringing his pace on after the defenders have been tiring for an hour.

Really entertaining second half though... and I'm one step closer to getting to watch an England knockout match from London! :D

6fQjS3M.png

If the Dutch are headed for a big win against Portugal, Germany should troll and let the Danes back and tie it, to K'O the Portguese and Dutch. :P

(I know this isn't that feasible since they play at the same time. Definitely a bunch of interesting scenarios that will be set up.)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived