UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

euro2012-logo.jpg

I figure since all of the major European domestic leagues are done. City winning the EPL, Real Madrid winning La Liga, Juventus wins Serie A, Borussia Dortmund wins Bundesliga, etc. We can start talking about the crown jewel of the Summer. The UEFA European Championships.

This thing creeps up on you, less than a month way. Can Spain go for an unprecedented three straight national titles? (08 Euro, 10 WC, 12 Euro?) The last team that tried doing that was humiliated at the 2002 World Cup.

Group A

Czech Republic

Greece

Poland

Russia

Group B - Group of Death 1A

Denmark

Germany

Netherlands

Portugal

Group C - Group of Death 1B

Croatia

Italy

Republic of Ireland

Spain

Group D

England

France

Sweden

Ukraine

I'm looking at all of these groups and maybe with exception of Group A, and even it's pretty decent. This is maybe the hardest European Championship to predict. And that's what makes this tournament my favourite.

So have at it, jump on your country of decent, or just pick someone with wicked uniforms. Time for 15 other nations to stop La Furia Roja's reign of terror!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group A

Czech Republic &Poland

Group B

Germany & Netherlands

Group C

Spain & Croatia

Group D

France & England

Czech vs Germany

Netherlands vs Poland

Spain vs England

Croatia vs France

Czechs beat Germany, Netherlands destroy Poland

Spain 3-1 England

Croatia 2-0 France

Czech 0-4 Netherlands

Spain 2-0 Croatia

Spain 2-4 Netherlands

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pulling for Poland and I think they've got a decent chance at getting out of Group A. They got pretty lucky and got placed in probably the easiest group. Ireland is my #2 for this tournament, but their chances of advancing are pretty close to none.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hopefully the Oranje can shake off 2010. They absolutely torched the competition in Qualifying, and most of their stars had tremendous domestic seasons.

Looking for Robin Van Persie to officially step it up at the national team level.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Got to go with Germany since I'm going to be in Germany during the games. I hope to find some good bars to watch the games.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

As much as i'd like to see it, I dont see Spain going very far in this competition. Puyol and Pique havent been at their best and I dont think Pique will be ready anyways. Villa has been injured and out of form, hopefully Mata/Llorente/Torres starts finding the back of the net or they will be hurting for goals. I can see Germany winning the whole thing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Got to go with Germany since I'm going to be in Germany during the games. I hope to find some good bars to watch the games.

Thats pretty nice. You will like it here during tournament. WCs and ECs are the only times where germans can show some kinds of national pride and patriotism.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

That's a solid squad right there.

I mean the English are never happy with anything until they win, but I'm looking at this one paper and it should be considered a very dangerous squad. I'm scared looking at it.

As a Liverpool fan, I saw a lot of Downing this season, unfortunately. He's been consistently terrible & I have no idea why he's been picked; 6 weeks ago I'd have said the same about Carroll, but he's been absolutely brilliant for the last few weeks, still a risk though.

Apart from that I agree, pretty good squad.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I can't believe we must rely on Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing for this tournament.

Firstly Downing hasn't had an assist all season, and for a natural winger that is unheard of these days.

And it seems Andy Carroll has unfortunately come good at the right time, clouding Roy Hodgson's judgement on whether to take him or not.

Meaning that more than likely we will have to rely on Rooney to be 100% for us to at least make it to the Quarters.

On the plus side I'm glad to see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Only 18 btw) in the side, a great prospect with bags of talent, one for the future!

And it's going to take a lot for us to overcome the likes of Spain, Holland and Germany (remember 4-1 in SA in 2010).

I'm even worried about getting past France in the group stage!

Anyway, Come on England!!

I can't believe we must rely on Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing for this tournament.

Firstly Downing hasn't had an assist all season, and for a natural winger that is unheard of these days.

And it seems Andy Carroll has unfortunately come good at the right time, clouding Roy Hodgson's judgement on whether to take him or not.

Meaning that more than likely we will have to rely on Rooney to be 100% for us to at least make it to the Quarters.

On the plus side I'm glad to see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Only 18 btw) in the side, a great prospect with bags of talent, one for the future!

And it's going to take a lot for us to overcome the likes of Spain, Holland and Germany (remember 4-1 in SA in 2010).

I don't think it's true to say that England rely on Carroll and Downing. But Downing is about as good a left sided player England has got right now. Carroll will before important in the group stages than later on in the competition, what with Rooney being out through the early games. Overall I think it's interesting that Hodgson appears to have decided that now is the time to Ely on younger players. I think guys like Cahill and Jones will have an important role to play.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think it's true to say that England rely on Carroll and Downing. But Downing is about as good a left sided player England has got right now. Carroll will before important in the group stages than later on in the competition, what with Rooney being out through the early games. Overall I think it's interesting that Hodgson appears to have decided that now is the time to Ely on younger players. I think guys like Cahill and Jones will have an important role to play.

I totally forgot about Rooney being banned, gonna make it a lot harder.

I think its good that we're taking some of the young players, hopefully they can step up to the mark! I don't think many England fans comprehend how difficult our group games are going to be, even though France haven't been top notch in recent times, they are still a dangerous and talented team, as for playing Ukraine in there home country, well that one is going to be very hard!

All the best for Gary Cahill, he's a Sheffield boy!

Archived