UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

Irish just got screwed again.

Announcers trying to explain it with this "second phase of play" nonsense. There were two Croats offside when the initial shot was taken.

Bull.

EDIT: Eh, I guess I get it now. They were offsides on the initial shot. Ireland shanked their clear and essentially gave it to the Croats to put it home. If the opposing team passes it to you, you can't be offsides, I guess. Still, dumb play.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Announcers trying to explain it with this "second phase of play" nonsense. There were two Croats offside when the initial shot was taken.

Bull.

Well Jason DeVos TSN analyst just talked to the former head of the CSA, and he said it wasn't offside.

Something about the first strike, he was offside, but during the second one it didn't touch an Irish player, totally missed it. Let the Croatian striker play the ball legally. I probably screwed that up, but it's something like that.

Really good call, close, but good.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Bull.

Well Jason DeVos TSN analyst just talked to the former head of the CSA, and he said it wasn't offside.

Something about the first strike, he was offside, but during the second one it didn't touch an Irish player, totally missed it. Let the Croatian striker play the ball legally. I probably screwed that up, but it's something like that.

Someone explain that to CONCACAF refs.

#StillBitterFrom2009

1zqy8ok.gif

Anyone else enjoy watching Giuseppe de Rossi squirm in the studio watching the Azzuri play without him? I'm glad you made the right decision homeboy...

Yeah, either play for a team that people care about once every four years, have the opportunity to play in a continental tournament that nobody cares about, or play for a team that people care about all the time, and have the opportunity to play in a continental tournament that people care about.

Sounds like a good decision to me even though he isn't on the squad.

Unless Ireland pulls a horseshoe (or I guess a clover in this case) out of their ass against Spain and Italy, they're done. They had their shot today and blew it.

Ah well. At least they'll flame out of the tournament in a beautiful kit. (If I could only buy one without the "3" on the front, or buy one knowing I could easily take that off.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Anyone else enjoy watching Giuseppe de Rossi squirm in the studio watching the Azzuri play without him? I'm glad you made the right decision homeboy...

Yeah, either play for a team that people care about once every four years, have the opportunity to play in a continental tournament that nobody cares about, or play for a team that people care about all the time, and have the opportunity to play in a continental tournament that people care about.

Sounds like a good decision to me even though he isn't on the squad.

One. I'd like to think that the people care about the USMNT more than once every four years. It's not the US swim team fergodsakes.

Two. I'm not sure how much I like Rossi's chances getting serious minutes in the next World Cup, especially if Pirlo decides to stick around.

Three. As a supporter, I should have the right to hold a grudge against someone who spurns my team and country.

Bull.

Basically, on the initial shot, two Croats were in an offside position (which is fine as long as you aren't directly influencing the play). If the ball had deflected off of the Irish defender straight to the Croat striker, it would have been a continuation of the initial shot and offside would have been called. However, because the Irish defender stopped the shot with one touch and then proceeded to botch a clear on the second touch, it began a new sequence of play and therefore, no offside.

The stars have shone for both teams as Shevchenko and Ibrahimovic both have goals. Nice obvious time wasting as it appeared a Ukraine defender got a gunshot to the back.

Ukraine holds on 2-1!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived